How can I transform my victim mentality to one of authentic empowerment? ~ Dawn MacIntyre

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2011

      Source/Post: Cristina Light

      "How can I transform my victim mentality to one of authentic empowerment and truly succeed in all areas of my life?
      We are, by and large, born with an authentic sense of our own power; one that is unfettered by the consciousness of our parents, family, teachers and society. We are innately aware of our innocence and our intrinsic capability to fulfill our soul’s mission easily and gracefully.
      As we grow up we become unconsciously transformed to possessing a victim mentality, especially as women, in at least some area of our life if not in most areas. We are run by anger, fear and worry by the time we are adults. Again, while some of this mentality is known to us, much remains unconscious and will continue to do so until we choose otherwise.
      It is imperative to take responsibility for our lives and choose empowerment through the process of loving ourselves more fully and deeply, by accepting ourselves as we are in this moment, with all of our strengths and weaknesses, being willing to forgive ourselves and others completely and finally by letting go of our past ….letting go of our pre-conceived notions of who we are and instead become unlimited in our spiritual power and magnificence as women.
      Love, acceptance, forgiveness and letting go ….these are the secrets to self-empowerment. It becomes easier for us to develop these deeply within when we are able to finally acknowledge that we are ultimately responsible for the peace, happiness, and personal power that we so richly desire and deserve. Now is the time for us to step up and be fearless in our pursuit of expressing our inner beauty and greatness.
      About two months ago I experienced an attempted break-in at my home …I startled the robber as much as he startled me. Fortunately he ran away before any harm came to me. For that one day I allowed myself to feel the shock that comes with the invasion of our privacy and places we deem as our sanctuaries however, the next morning I woke up and chose to not feel like I victim in this situation. As a result I was able to see the gift in the experience and empower myself to act on its blessings.
      We will no longer be victims when we choose not to be. And we will become authentically empowered instead.
      Why do we need to surrender?
      When we move from the victim mentality to one of empowerment we are so busy planting seeds for the manifestation of our desires. This is a time when we work very hard and act on all of our hunches, our intuition, to move forward and lead fulfilling lives.
      During this process we will be challenged with certain obstacles and things may not seem to be going according to our original plans and/or in accordance with our timing.
      The only solution for this is to surrender and TRUST in the divine process, in divine timing and in the fact the universe is co-creating with us every step of the way. And sometimes our job is to simply step back and let the universe do its job.
      If we try to force things, our results are far from what we envisioned and likely won’t last. On the other hand when we surrender and trust, we enter into a state of allowing things to happen easily and gracefully, in perfect timing and with end results that are far greater than we could have imagined.
      This is how the universe works and it is a beautiful thing …if only we would let it be.
      Regardless of how far down the spiritual path we are …this is a constant lesson that will show up for us until we get it …believe me, I know! As evolved as I am, I still get caught up in the timing of things and am learning the art of surrender right along with you.
      It may seem that being surrendered is a lazy, inactive way to go about doing business or creating your dreams. The truth is there is no greater act of faith and confidence in our trusting that our divine blueprint is indeed being fulfilled, even when we can’t see it, than when we are totally surrendered, at peace and celebrating our accomplishments thus far.
      In the end, if we do surrender and enjoy the process, things actually do come together more quickly because we have gotten out of our own way. Solutions magically appear where none were to be found no matter where you looked. It is that simple.
      God wants you to be happy ….when you feel stuck or things aren’t happening exactly as you had hoped simply “Let go and Let God”.
      You’re worth it and then some."
      (Dawn MacIntyre)