Daily Zen

  • Jeremy Huber
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 1, 2003
      Happy in the morning
      I open my cottage door;
      A clear breeze blowing
      Comes straight in.
      The first sun
      Lights the leafy trees;
      The shadows it casts
      Are crystal clear.
      Serene,
      In accord with my heart,
      Everything merges
      In one harmony.
      Gain and loss
      Are not my concern;
      This way is enough
      To the end of my days.

      - Wen-siang (1210-1280)

      ~*~May You Receive Blessings Beyond Imagination~*~

      The Light Of God Surrounds You
      The Love Of God Enfolds You
      The Power Of God Protects You and
      The Presence Of God Watches Over You
      Wherever You Are, God IS
      And ALL IS Good And Well
      Thank You Father Mother God!

      My Yahoo Profile:
      http://profiles.yahoo.com/TheOriginalDharmaBum

      My Authors Den:
      http://www.AuthorsDen.com/TobieElias

      My Yahoo Groups:

      Light Of Consciousness
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Light_Of_Consciousness

      The Village Beat Poets
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Village_Beat_Poets

      Standing on the bare ground-my head bathed by the blithe air and uplifted into infinite space-all mean egotism vanishes. I become a transparent eyeball; I am nothing; I see all; the currents of the Universal Being circulate through me; I am part or parcel of God. The name of the nearest friend sounds then foreign and accidental; to be brothers, to be acquaintances, master or servant, is then a trifle and a disturbance. I am the lover uncontained and immortal beauty.

    • OklahomaCowPoke@aol.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 3, 2003

        Enlightenment is like the
        moon reflected on the water.
        The moon does not get wet,
        nor is the water broken.
        Although its light is wide and great,
        the moon is reflected even
        in a puddle an inch wide.
        The whole moon and the entire sky
        are reflected in dewdrops on the grass,
        or even in one drop of water.
        - Dogen (1200-1253)

        My Home Page:
        http://www.AuthorsDen.com/JeremyRobertHuber

        My Yahoo Profile:
        http://profiles.yahoo.com/JeremyRobertHuber

        My Yahoo Groups:

        Light Of Consciousness
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Light_Of_Consciousness

        The Village Beat Poets
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Village_Beat_Poets

        MAY LIGHT AND LOVE AND POWER RESTORE THE PLAN ON EARTH

      • OklahomaCowPoke@aol.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 8, 2003

          Of one thing it is said
          “that is bad”
          and of another it is said
          “that is good.”
          But there is nothing
          inherent in things
          that make them good
          or bad, for each thing’s
          self is empty of
          independent existence.

          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 10, 2003

            Perfect and clear by nature
            Is the Bodhi ocean;
            Pure and faultless,
            Bodhi is in essence wonderful.
            Its fundamental brightness shone,
            So by chance creating
            An object which then
            Obscured its radiant nature.
            Thus in delusion there
            Appeared one-sided emptiness
            In which an imaginary world
            Arbitrarily was built.
            Steadying itself,
            The thinking process made the continents
            While the illusory knower
            Became a living being.

            - Manjusri’s Gatha

          • MrJeremyRHuber@aol.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 27, 2003

              Upon the clatter of a broken tile
              All I had learned was at once forgotten.
              Amending my nature is needless;
              Pursuing the tasks of everyday life
              I walk along the ancient path.
              I am not disheartened in the mindless void.
              Wherever I go I leave no footprint,
              Walking without color or sound.

              - Chikan Zenji

              Authors Den
              http://www.authorsden.com/JeremyRobertHuber

              Jeremy Robert Huber

              http://profiles.yahoo.com/JeremyRobertHuber

              The Village Beat Poets

              Light Of Consciousness
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Light_Of_Consciousness

              " They call him Splendid
                 he eats here regularly quarter to nine
                 they found him amongst old bibles when he was a babe
                 in a dumpster on the corner of Main and Fifth
                 `tis said that an angel of god put `em there
                 and prayed for illumination and a sportscar.

                 I once had the pleasure of his company
                 we drank, fought and scrambled for a peek at the girlie show
                 and he just laughed and said it's all a dream
                 don't ya know by now this world ain't real
                 it's just love gone awry at the seams."

                 ~Exerpt From "Love Gone Awry At The Seams"
                   Copyright 2003 Jeremy Robert Huber

            • MrJeremyRHuber@aol.com
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 2, 2003

                The shadow of the bamboo
                Sweeps the stair
                All night long.
                Yet not a mote of dust is stirred.
                The moon beams penetrate
                To the bottom of the pool,
                Yet in the water not a trace is left.

                - Chikan Zenji

                Authors Den

                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003

                  I enjoy my lifelong path
                  Between misty vines and rocky caves
                  In the wilds there's room to spare
                  And time to accompany clouds
                  This road doesn't reach the world
                  Only the mindless can climb
                  I sit alone nights on a couch of stone
                  While the round moon comes up Cold Mountain
                  ~Han-shan

                  "I had nothing to offer anybody but my own confusion."
                  ~Jack Kerouac

                  Authors Website:
                  http://www.AuthorsDen.com/JeremyRobertHuber

                  Authors Poetry E-Group:

                • MrJeremyRHuber@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003

                    If you think that you
                    Have cut off Illusory mind,
                    Instead of simply clarifying how
                    That mind arises and departs,
                    Illusory mind will come up again,
                    As though you had cut
                    The stem of a blade of grass
                    And left the root alive.

                    - Menzan Zuiho (1682-1769)

                    Forward From Daily Zen
                    http://www.DailyZen.com

                    "I had nothing to offer anybody but my own confusion."
                    ~Jack Kerouac

                    My Authors Website:
                    http://www.AuthorsDen.com/JeremyRobertHuber

                    My Yahoo Groups:

                    The Village Beat Poets
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Village_Beat_Poets

                    Still Pond Zen
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Still_Pond_Zen

                                                                        Refuge Prayer

                    by Thich Nhat-Hanh

                    At the foot of the Bodhi tree, beautifully seated, peaceful and smiling,
                    the living source of understanding and compassion, to the Buddha I go for refuge.

                    The path of mindful living, leading to healing, joy, and enlightenment,
                    the way of peace, to the Dhamma I go for refuge.

                    The loving and supportive community of practice, realizing harmony, awareness, and liberation, to the Sangha I go for refuge.

                    I am aware that the Three Gems are within my heart.

                    I vow to realize them.

                    I vow to practice mindful breathing and smiling, looking deeply into things.

                    I vow to understand living beings and their suffering, to cultivate compassion and loving kindness, and to practice joy and equanimity.

                    I vow to offer joy to one person in the morning and to help relieve the grief of one person in the afternoon.

                    I vow to live simply and sanely, content with just a few possessions, and to keep my body healthy.

                    I vow to let go of all worry and anxiety in order to be light and free.

                    I am aware that I owe so much to my parents, teachers, friends and all beings.

                    I vow to be worthy of their trust, to practice wholeheartedly, so that understanding and compassion will flower, and I can help living beings be free from their suffering.

                    May the Buddha, the Dhamma, and the Sangha support my efforts.

                  • MrJeremyRHuber@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 4, 2003

                      Whenever a thought occurs,
                      Be aware of it.
                      As soon as you are aware of it,
                      The attachment to it will lessen.
                      If you remain for a long enough
                      Period less caught on objects,
                      You will naturally become unified.
                      This is the essential art of zazen.
                      ~Dogen (1200-1253)

                      Forward From Daily Zen
                      http://www.DailyZen.com

                      "Without seeking the Mind, there is no birth; without grasping the Mind, there is no death... - " ~Pei Hsiu, 857
                      (Recalling his Master Huang-Bei Tuan-Chis Teachings)

                      My Authors Website:
                      http://www.AuthorsDen.com/JeremyRobertHuber

                      My Yahoo Groups:

                      The Village Beat Poets
                      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Village_Beat_Poets

                      Still Pond Zen
                      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Still_Pond_Zen

                    • nachi
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 4, 2003
                        Message
                        Dear Brother Jeremy,

                        I am rather late to reply back but I as much happy as anyone else on this group to know about the improvement and the good news about your wifes health. When good things happen in good peoples lives the beauty of love shines and warms heart. When Love triumphs over pain, worries...it gives us hope to love life more..to take more chances.

                        Wishing Both of You a Wonderful Time Ahead Full of Love, Harmony, Peace & Health,

                        With Much Love,

                        Nachi.

                        P. S. Loved Your message. Loved the picture of Buddha.
                        "Without seeking the Mind, there is no birth; without grasping the Mind, there is no death... - " ~Pei Hsiu, 857
                        (Recalling his Master Huang-Bei Tuan-Chis Teachings)

                        My Authors Website:
                        http://www.AuthorsDen.com/JeremyRobertHuber

                        My Yahoo Groups:

                        The Village Beat Poets