MANTRA ******** MEDITATION ******** Sri Mrityunjaya Mantra

    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2011
      such a loving and moving mantra that stirs my heart and soul. wanted to pass this along in the spirit that it is given and please do share with all as you feel so prompted and touched. love, Shay

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kIlYTP2QIU&feature=player_embedded

      http://youtu.be/9kIlYTP2QIU

      Also Called Mahamoksha Mantra, Great Enlightenment

      Om trayambakam yajamahe
      Sugandhim pusti vardhanam
      Urvarukamiva bandhanat
      Mrtyor muksiya mamrtat

      A story behind the recording that I am aware of:

      A beloved friend of the Dalai Lama, another monk, was making his transition from this life to the next. Not, it might be said, as a trauma or a lost cause, but as a joyful journey at the correct time and with understanding of life beyond earth life. The Dalai Lama sat at his friend's bedside and chanted this chant for hours until the monk,with joy and peace, made his crossing. Those who were present begged the Dalai Lama to record the chant so that it might be shared with the world. He agreed to do so only if it was stated that the recording could never be sold, but only given away. This MP3 is the result. It is not for sale but is meant to be copied and shared. This is one of the most sacred and powerful mantras used for healing. It has truly wondrous therapeutic power when chanted or listened to regularly. Mrityunjaya mantra will help you to know the divinity within. It is chanted to know eternity. The mrityunjaya mantra is considered one of the maha mantras or great Sanskrit mantras because of its potency to give protection and manifold blessings. Maha mrityunjaya literally means the great victory over death. It is associated with Shiva, the destroyer of ignorance, and the liberator from the cycle of death and rebirth. It is therefore a life giving mantra that not only protects the physical body and gives health, but purifies the mind at a deep level.

      Source: http://www.word-designs.com/healingmantrasung.htm

      HOWEVER, it has been brought up that this is NOT the Dalai Lama chanting. Someone suggested HEIN BRAAT being the performer.

      I want to point out that I'm not an expert in this field, so if any of you know the true story behind this recording, I would highly appreciate letting me know. Thank you !