Free of Ego ~ Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche and Lao Tzu

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2011
      Source: BUDDHA BLESS

      The entire Buddhist path is based on the discovery of egolessness and the maturing of insight or knowledge that comes from egolessness.
      — Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche

      Free of ego, living naturally, working virtuously, you become filled with inexhaustible vitality and are liberated forever from the cycle of death and rebirth. Understand this if nothing else: spiritual freedom and oneness with the Tao are not randomly bestowed gifts, but the rewards of conscious self-transformation and self-evolution.”— Lao Tzu

      The ego is a monkey catapulting through the jungle: Totally fascinated by the realm of the senses, it swings from one desire to the next, one conflict to the next, one self-centered idea to the next. If you threaten it, it actually fears for its life. Let this monkey go. Let the senses go. Let desires go. Let conflicts go. Let ideas go. Let the fiction of life and death go. Just remain in the center, watching. And then forget that you are there.
      — Lao Tzu