Nirvana Shakatam

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2011
      The information below was included with the video/mantra itself giving full credit to the who posted this: Uploaded by Anandkumar1289

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqMFz_0VOxY

      The great Adi Shankara (first Shankaracharya) of the eighth century summarized the entirety of Advaita Vedanta (non-dualistic philosophy) in six stanzas. When a young boy of eight, while wandering in the Himalayas, seeking to find his guru, he encountered a sage who asked him, "Who are you?" The boy answered with these stanzas, which are known as "Nirvana Shatakam" or "Atma Shatakam." "Nirvana" is complete equanimity, peace, tranquility, freedom and joy. "Atma" is the True Self. The sage the boy was talking to was Swami Govindapada Acharya, who was, indeed, the teacher he was looking for.

      Mano-budhy-ahankara cittani naham
      na ca srotra-jihve na ca ghrana netre
      Na ca vyoma bhumim na tejo na vayuh
      Cidananda rupah sivoham sivoham

      Na ca prana samnjo na vai pancavayur
      na va sapta-dhatur na va panca-kosah
      Na vak-pani-padam na copastha-payu
      Cidananda rupah sivoham sivoham

      Na me dvesa ragau na me lobha mohau
      mado naiva me naiva matsaryabhavah
      Na dharmo na cartho na kamo na moksah
      Cidananda rupah sivoham sivoham

      Na punyam na papam na saukhyam na dukham
      na mantro na tirtham na veda na yajna
      Aham bhojanam naiva bhojyam na bhokta
      Cidananda rupah sivoham sivoham

      Na mrtyur na sanka na me jati bhedah
      pita naiva me naiva mata na janma
      Na bandhur na mitram gurur naiva sisya
      Cidananda rupah sivoham sivoham

      Aham nirvikalpo nirakara rupo
      vibhutvacca sarvatra sarvendriyanam
      Na ca sangatam naiva muktir na meya
      Cidananda rupah sivoham sivoham

      I am neither the mind,nor the intellect,nor the ego,nor the mind stuff.I am neither the body,nor the changes of the body.I am neither the senses of hearing,taste,smell or sight.Nor am i ether,the earth,the fire,the air.I am existence absolute,knowledge absolute bliss absolute.I am He,I am He.

      I am neither the Prana,nor the five vital airs.I am neither the materials of the body,nor the five sheaths.Neither am I the organs of action nor objects of the senses. I am existence absolute,knowledge absolute bliss absolute.I am He,I am He.

      I have neither aversion nor attachment,neither greed nor delusion,neither egotism nor envy.neither Dharma nor Moksha.I have neither desire nor object of desire.I am existence absolute,knowledge absolute,bliss absolute.I am He,I am He.

      I am neither sin nor virtue,neither pleasure nor pain,nor temple,nor worship,nor pilgrimage,nor scriptures.And I am neither the act of enjoying,the enjoyable nor the enjoyer.I am existence absolute,knowledge absolute,bliss absolute.I am He,I am He.

      I have neither death,nor fear of death,nor caste nor was I ever born,nor had i parents,friends and relations.I have neither Guru nor disciple.I am existence absolute,knowledge absolute,bliss absolute.I am He,I am He.

      I am untouched by the senses.I am neither Mukti nor knowable,I am without form,without limit,beyond space,beyond time.I am in everything,I am the basis of the universe,everywhere am I.I am existence absolute,knowledge absolute,bliss absolute.I am He,I am He.