Power of the Flowers Daily Reading: Sunflower (Sanctuary ofTrue Selfhood/Indestructible Purity Within)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2011
      http://www.ishalerner.com/home/is1/readings_main.html#flower

      Sunflower

      ~ GET A PERSONALIZED READING ~
      from Isha Lerner
      ~ PURCHASE FLOWER ESSENCES ~
      from Isha's FlowerBlends.com
        Torch of Sunflower,
        Spiral of light,
        Lead me to the path of Service,
        And clear insight.

      Latin: Helianthus

      Color(s): Golden-Yellow

      Archetype: The Solar King and Lunar Queen. The Solar King (Sun) and Lunar Queen (Moon) direct us to a place of indestructible purity within—a sanctuary of true Selfhood where the Divine Will of the enlightened male combines with the Universal Love of the enlightened female.

      Signature: A summer annual that can grow to twelve feet in height, with a sturdy, strong stem and large leaves that are toothed at the margins. The round, flat disc at the center of the sunflower is composed of tiny tubular flowers growing in a spiral design. At the end of summer, it bows its head to offer the earth its many seeds.

      Healing Properties: Sunflower helps to balance the first chakra, assisting with healing the masculine and feminine archetypes so that one may come to rest safely in one’s own power.

      Healing: The Sunflower is indigenous to North America and was originally cultivated by the first known people to live on this continent, Native American Indians. The ancestors honored the cycles of nature, and in this context, worshipped the Sunflower as a symbol of the continuity of future generations and the passage of the sun through the heavens - for the flower carries within it many seeds and many cycles. Sunflower teaches you that the will to live, and the will to survive, and the will to be integral, honoring Earth Mother and her bountiful resources, are essential aspects of your Earth Walk. When the Sunflower makes its appearance, she enters the garden of your life, bestowing radiant golden light, symbolizing higher vision and keen awareness. The power that is granted through Sunflower is always offered to one who is grateful and humble in their Earth Dance. This is your gift, to walk lightly upon the Earth while shouldering might vows of service.