Higher Awareness: (IJ) #8-129 - Ego's tricks

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2011
      The Inner Journey - Open to new possibilities!

      Ego's tricks

      "One of the great dangers of transformational work is that the ego attempts to sidestep deep psychological work by leaping into the transcendent too soon. This is because the ego always fancies itself much more ‘advanced’ than it actually is."

      -- Don Richard Riso and Russ Hudson

      The Tibetan teacher, Chogyam Trungpa, warned of the trap of spiritual materialism. He says we must be ever diligent to spot the ego’s use of the spiritual journey to further its own ends.

      We may think it’s spiritual to yearn for divine connection. And yet, if the longing is to fill an emptiness inside, just how does this differ from the one who yearns for money or possessions to fill the inner void? Do we look to our spiritual practices as proof of our evolved consciousness or as protection against fears?

      Any time we use spiritual disciplines to maintain our identity and security, we are not yet on the path of genuine spiritual development.

      "Enlightenment is ego’s ultimate disappointment."

      -- Chögyam Trungpa

      The Soul Journey – Andrew and Bonnie Schneider offer an in-depth, practical guide to healing the personality and developing soul consciousness. Journey through the traps of ego into a life of meaning, purpose, joy and service. Embark on your own soul journey by clicking here.

      John & Patrice RobsonThe Inner Journey is brought to you by John & Patrice Robson of HigherAwareness.com. We invite you to take the awareness and consciousness journey to know & grow yourself.

      Copyright © 1999 - 2010 Higher Awareness Inc.
      #108, 11215 Jasper Ave. NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada T5K 0L5

      Ezine Design by Shoi @ eMasters' Ezine Heaven