Can't You See The Mighty Warrior? ~ Rumi

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2011

      If the beautiful one is not inside you
      what is that light
      hidden under your cloak?

      From a distance you tremble with fear -
      Can't you see the mighty warrior
      standing ready in your heart?

      The fire of his eyes
      has burned away every veil,
      So why do you remain behind the curtain,
      scared of what you cannot see? -
      Open your eyes! The Beloved
      is staring you right in the face!

      If a master has not placed
      His light in your heart,
      What joy can you find in this world? -

      every flower is lifeless,
      and sweet wine has no taste.

      Can't You See the Mighty Warrior? by Rumi