Energy Shifting Techniques

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2010
      Source: Jodi

      Energy Shifting Techniques

      I have had great success with myself and others using the energy shifting techniques that Donna Eden shares in her book "Energy Medicine". Try out the process below so you too can experience the benefits.

      Crown Pull

      This process is very quick, easy and effective for clearing the cobwebs from your mind and releasing mental congestion. It opens up the energy flow to your head and refreshes the mind.

      Use this process whenever you feel overwhelmed, groggy or just need a pick-me-up.

      Before you try the process, take a moment and notice how open and clear minded you feel right now. Do the Crown Pull process. Check in again and notice if your head feels more open and expansive.

      Instructions:

      1. Place your thumbs at your temples on the side of your head. Curl your fingers and rest your fingertips on the center of your forehead above the nose. Your little fingers will be resting on your eyebrows.

      2. Slowly, and with some pressure, pull your fingers across your forehead toward your thumbs so that you stretch the skin on your forehead. Repeat that movement.

      3. The idea is to do this stretching all over your head. Next move your thumbs up from your temples to your hairline. This time curl your fingers and rest your fingertips on the center of the front part of your head (in the hair). Repeat the movement.

      4. Move your fingers to the top of your head and repeat the movement.

      5. Continue the process until you have stretched and pulled the skin over your entire head.

      Three Thumps

      This process consists of tapping on three different meridian points to restore you when you are tired, increase your vitality and keep your immune system strong. Use this process each morning and anytime during the day that you need a pick-me-up.

      1) Collar Bone Points (K-27, kidney meridian)

      Benefits of tapping Collar Bone points:

      a.. Become energized and feel more alert if you feel drowsy

      b.. Focus and perform more effectively if you are having difficulty concentrating

      Make fists and tap both right and left collar bones at the same time for about 20 seconds. Be sure to breath deeply in and out.

      Variation: in order to assist the energy to cross over from right to left and left to right cross your arms and tap the left collar bone with the right fist and the right collar bone with the left fist.

      2) Thymus Gland

      Benefits of tapping the Thymus Gland

      a.. Stimulate your energy system

      b.. Boost your immune system

      c.. Increase your strength and vitality

      Make a fist and tap on the center of your sternum (center of chest on breast bone) for about 20 seconds while breathing deeply in and out.

      3) Spleen Points

      Benefits of tapping Spleen Points

      a.. Lift your energy level

      b.. Balance your blood chemistry

      c.. Strengthen your immune system

      These points are located directly below the breast. Make fists and tap each side of your body for about 20 seconds while breathing deeply in and out.

      Variation: Cross your arms and tap the left side of your body with your right fist, and tap the right side of your body with the left fist. This helps cross the energies.

      Zipping Up

      Benefits of the Zipping Up Process

      a.. Feel more confident and positive about yourself and your world

      b.. Think more clearly

      c.. Tap into your inner strengths

      d.. Protect yourself from negative energies that may be around you

      After doing the Three Thumps Process and Crown Pull, place your hand at the end of the Central Meridian, which is located at your pubic bone on the front of your body. Take in a deep breath as you simultaneously move your hand straight up the center of your body to your lower lip. (It may help to visualize a zipper coming together.) Repeat 3 times.

      This process is great to do before you go out into public places, malls, meetings or when you need to speak with a boss, a difficult parent, angry child, etc. You can add this affirmation while you are zipping up to make it more powerful "I am clear, centered and balanced". You may also want to visualize locking the zipper after you zip up and hiding the key in order to prolong the technique's effects.

      Spinal Flush

      The Spinal Flush is a energy clearing technique. This process is great to do with a partner. The Spinal Flush works to clear blockages in your lymph system by massaging the neurolymphatic reflex points down the spine. The reflex points that are clogged are easy to locate because they feel sore when massaged.

      Benefits of the Spinal Flush

      a.. Energize your body

      b.. Send toxins to your body's waste removal system

      c.. Clear stagnant energy from your body

      d.. Refresh you in the morning

      e.. Relax you in the evening

      f.. May stop a cold that is coming on

      g.. Clear your head by stimulating cerebrospinal fluid

      How to do the Spinal Flush

      1) Find a partner (more on how to perform the process alone below.)

      2) Lie face down or lean against a wall standing up with your hands supporting you.

      3) Have your partner massage the points down both sides of your spine, using the thumbs and middle finger, starting at the bottom of the neck and working down to the sacrum.

      4) Use body weight to create medium to strong pressure.

      5) Have your partner go down the notches between your vertebrae and deeply massage each point. Staying on each point for at least 5 seconds and massaging in a circular motion.

      6) After reaching the sacrum, your partner can repeat the process a second or third time or end by sweeping the open hands down the back and off the sacrum a few times.

      Spinal Flush Without a Partner

      1) Massage and clear the points you can reach by yourself.

      2) Reach over your shoulders and reach around your waist.

      3) Massage any points that are tender for several seconds.