Higher Awareness: (IJ) #8-27 - Don't avoid the void

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2010
      The Inner Journey - Open to new possibilities!

      Don't avoid the void

      "When we feel stuck, going nowhere -- even starting to slip backward -- we may actually be backing up to get a running start."

      -- Dan Millman

      To change, we must go through a transition zone. It's not easy being in transition. Thoughts, beliefs and habits are all in flux. It can create a sense of groundlessness, of being in a void that can be quite uncomfortable.

      When we’re in the void, our first impulse will be to revert to old habits because they feel comfortable. Our goal is to hang in there until the change is complete. Knowing that TRANSITIONS ARE PART OF THE CHANGE PROCESS helps us muster the courage to put up with the discomfort, the uneasiness, the void.

      Change requires a letting go of what we’ve always known and done to allow in something new. We need to trust ourselves and higher forces to unfold a new reality for us.

      "Every positive change - every jump to a higher level of energy and awareness - involves a rite of passage. Each time to ascend to a higher rung on the ladder of personal evolution, we must go through a period of discomfort, of initiation. I have never found an exception."

      -- Dan Millman

      Understand the workings of consciousness. We don’t change overnight. Personal growth requires persistence. At Higher Awareness, you are never left alone. Experience the power of our support emails to inspire your growth! Allow us to be your growth partners. Join us now!

      John & Patrice RobsonThe Inner Journey is brought to you by John & Patrice Robson of HigherAwareness.com. We invite you to take the awareness and consciousness journey to know & grow yourself.

      Copyright © 1999 - 2010 Higher Awareness Inc.
      111 Kulawy Drive North NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6L 6T9

      Ezine Design by Shoi @ eMasters' Ezine Heaven