The Prophet's Conference: An Alliance of Prayer, Education and Healing for Our Mother Earth

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2010

      --- RECOMMENDATIONS ---

      If you cannot view the images, or to view in another language, go to the online version.

      AN ALLIANCE OF PRAYER, EDUCATION AND HEALING FOR OUR MOTHER EARTH

      THE PURPOSE OF THE 2012 TIPPING POINT PROPHETS CONFERENCE VANCOUVER JULY 23-25, 2010 is to explore a radically different, more optimistic interpretation of the Mayan prophecy. This brings together JOSE ARGUELLES, FLORDEMAYO, ANDREW HARVEY, BARBARA MARX HUBBARD, JOHN MAJOR JENKINS, JOHN KIMMEY, JOHN PERKINS, LLYN ROBERTS, DANIEL PINCHBECK, RICHARD TARNAS, and MIGUEL ANGEL VERGARA into the beautiful setting of Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada. Following the conference will be in-depth post-conference workshops JULY 26-27.

      Conference Information: www.greatmystery.org/events/vancouver2012.html
      Exhibitor Information: www.greatmystery.org/events/vancouver2012register.html
      (note: Register Soon, the conference is already getting many registrations)
      Download an event flyer to share with friends.

      FLORDEMAYO
      THIRTEEN INDIGENOUS GRANDMOTHERS

      Having first met Flordemayo, along with her teacher Don Alejandro Oxlaj the head of the Mayan Council of Elders, at a ceremony in Santa Fe, New Mexico some years ago, we were duly impressed by her strength of bearing and dedication to healing and light. She is a member of the International Council of 13 Indigenous Grandmothers who travel the world as an alliance of prayer, education and healing for our Mother Earth.

      When we invited her to be a presenter at the Vancouver conference, she asked us for time to pray and find guidance about participating. We waited for her reply and after a few days of seeking guidance from Great Spirit she said that she would be joining us. We were very pleased and honored. She also requested to be the last presenter of the conference as she wished to hear all the others and respond to them and finalize this special gathering as a Mayan elder.

      “Humanity is at a crossroads, we can only go one way, as one can’t go in two directions at the same time. We do not know what we need to do as a human species, there is only one place to go and that is into the light, as one tribe.”

      Flordemayo — Mayan Central America

      Born the youngest of 15 children in the highlands of Central America, Flordemayo was found at an early age, like others in her family, to have the gift of Sight. By age four she was being trained in the art of curanderismo which had been handed down from mother to daughter for many generations. Flordemayo’s mother was a midwife and healer and taught her daughters in the use of herbs, women’s medicine and how women are to honor and care for the Earth.

      Flordemayo now lives in New Mexico. But you won’t find her at home much. She is a frequent presenter at international conferences. Since 1999 she has been part of the Wisdom of the Grandmother’s Foundation. She is the recipient of the Martin de La Cruz Award for Alternative Healing, a prestigious honor given by the International Congress of Traditional Medicine. Flordemayo is also a founding director of the Institute for Natural and Traditional Knowledge. This organization has many active projects, including the establishment of an organic seed bank and educational outreach in support of traditional agriculture.

      The Prophets Conference encourages you to help support the work of the Thirteen Indigenous Grandmothers by going to www.grandmotherscouncil.com. You will also be able to purchase the Grandmothers’ handmade sacred objects at the conference.

      STATEMENT OF ALLIANCE

      WE ARE THIRTEEN INDIGENOUS GRANDMOTHERS who came together for the first time from October 11 through October 17, 2004, in Phoenicia, New York. We gathered from the four directions in the land of the people of the Iroquois Confederacy. We come here from the Amazon rainforest, the Alaskan Tundra of North America, the great forest of the American northwest, the vast plains of North America, the highlands of central America, the Black Hills of South Dakota, the mountains of Oaxaca, the desert of the American southwest, the mountains of Tibet and from the rainforest of Central Africa.

      Affirming our relations with traditional medicine peoples and communities throughout the world, we have been brought together by a common vision to form a new global alliance.

      We are the International Council of Thirteen Indigenous Grandmothers. We have united as one. Ours is an alliance of prayer, education and healing for our Mother Earth, all Her inhabitants, all the children and for the next seven generations to come.

      We are deeply concerned with the unprecedented destruction of our Mother Earth, the contamination of our air, waters and soil, the atrocities of war, the global scourge of poverty, the threat of nuclear weapons and waste, the prevailing culture of materialism, the epidemics which threaten the health of the Earth's peoples, the exploitation of indigenous medicines, and with the destruction of indigenous ways of life.

      We, the International Council of Thirteen Indigenous Grandmothers, believe that our ancestral ways of prayer, peacemaking and healing are vitally needed today. We come together to nurture, educate and train our children. We come together to uphold the practice of our ceremonies and affirm the right to use our plant medicines free of legal restriction. We come together to protect the lands where our peoples live and upon which our cultures depend, to safeguard the collective heritage of traditional medicines, and to defend the earth Herself. We believe that the teachings of our ancestors will light our way through an uncertain future.

      We join with all those who honor the Creator, and to all who work and pray for our children, for world peace, and for the healing of our Mother Earth.

      For all our relations.

      Margaret Behan-Cheyenne-Arapahoe, Rita Pitkta Blumenstein–Yup’ik, Aama Bombo–Tamang Nepal, Julieta Casimiro-Mazatec, Flordemayo-Mayan, Maria Alice Campos Freire-Brazil, Tsering Dolma Gyaltong-Tibetan, Beatrice Long Visitor Holy Dance-Oglala Lakota, Rita Long Visitor Holy Dance-Oglala Lakota, Agnes Pilgrim-Takelma Siletz Mona Polacca-Hopi/Havasupai, Clara Shinobu Iura-Brazil, Bernadette Rebienot-Omyene

      Watch the trailer FOR THE NEXT 7 GENERATIONS - the feature-length documentary on the events and Gatherings of the Grandmothers from their founding in 2004.

      2012: TIPPING POINT
      The Prophets Conference Vancouver

      Conference 23-25 JULY 2010
      In-Depth Post-Conference Workshops 26-27 JULY 2010

      Conference Information: www.greatmystery.org/events/vancouver2012.html
      Exhibitor Information: www.greatmystery.org/events/vancouver2012register.html

      ADDITIONAL WRITINGS
      2012 Planetary Evolution by Barbara Marx Hubbard
      A Radioactive Nuisance to All Those in Power by Andrew Harvey
      1000 Days to Zero Point 2012 by Jose Arguelles
      The Eternal Fire of Transformation by John Major Jenkins
      Planetary Whole System Design Science by Jose Arguelles
      Sacred Activism and the Birth of the Divine Humanity by Andrew Harvey
      Something Monumental Is Going To Happen by Mayan elder Flordemayo
      This Is It by John Eesawu Kimmey
      2012 and Other Indigenous Prophecies for Transformation by Llyn Roberts
      How Do We Get Ready for 2012? by Barbara Marx Hubbard
      It Happened In Cancun a preview for Vancouver
      2012 : The Primal World Ensouled - Richard Tarnas
      The True Meaning of 2012 by John Perkins

      CONFERENCE SPONSORS
      Banyen Books & Sound - A Watering Hole for the Spirit on the World Wide Web.
      Conscious Living Radio - To expand your consciousness.
      Reality Sandwich - Evolving consciousness, bite by bite.
      Lilipoh ~ the spirit in life
      Disinformation - A dynamic, independent media company promoting important political, social and cultural issues.
      Gaia Media - For a holistic and up to date understanding of our existence and the potential of human consciousness.
      Shaman Portal - The global resource for all things shamanic.

      For more information email: Event Info

      Cafe Cody Radio
      The Soundtrack to your life
      Coming to you from the Mediterranean island, Mallorca, Spain www.cafecody.com
      Bookstore
      Recommended Reading from
      The Prophets Conference
      and The Great Rethinking

      Contact Info
      Email: The Prophets Conference
      Home: www.greatmystery.org
      Tel: (1) 505 796 4023 USA/Canada or (44) 020 8123 5108 UK