OmPlace ALTWIRE - March 31, 2010

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2010
      SPIRIT CARD

      Wisdom
      by Apollo

      Visit the
      Spirit Card Center!

      OUR 218th ISSUE
      Welcome to Issue 218 of OmPlace's Altwire. Please direct your submissions and suggestions to: susanp@...

      FREE OmPlace Radio

      Visit JukeboxAlive.com

      FEATURED WEBSITES
      Activation Along
      the Nile -
      Truth is Rising!!

      Far away sands rise to the Phoenix and call to your Spirit this ancient memory awakens you ... this is Egypt. Rein in the power of your consciousness and open your heart. Join Paula Muran & the Ascended Teachings of Sanatkumara. Receive $300.00 off (special for Omplace). For more info please see paulamuran.com.

      Soul Healing and Enlightenment Retreats with Master Zhi Gang Sha
      Follow your soul's desire. Join Master Zhi Gang Sha, inspiring soul leader, exceptional healer, and chosen divine servant. Learn soul secrets, wisdom, knowledge and practices, clear your blockages and transform every aspect of your life. Experience soul healing and enlightenment. For more details, call 888-339-6815, send an email or visit drsha.com.

      Beautiful Journey to a Spontaneous Remission
      Spontaneous remissions are more frequent than conventional medicine has been telling us. A recent study of 5,000 women showed that spontaneous remissions happened in 20% of the women who developed breast cancer. Learn the connection between hypnosis and spontaneous remissions. These beautifully crafted hypnosis CDs of imagery and music turn cancer therapy into a joyful dream-like journey. The perfect gift. For more information, see alternativecancer.us.

      Imagine This Presentation
      Pan & Zoom Slide Show
      Voiceover Description
      Background Music
      Captions
      Create a presentation in 5 minutes for under $5. Too good to be true? evoicespot.com

      Sacred Geometry
      Oracle Deck

      Includes a 128-page 6X9 paperback book with 64 full-color oracle cards. See this page for more info.

      Star Woman II and other prints by visionary artist Francene Hart are available for only $45 each. Each print is 12x18, matted, sealed and signed. For more info click here.

      RECIPE OF THE WEEK
      Recipe of the Week: Vegetable Stew with Red Wine and Miso from VegWeb.com
      A thick, rich stew perfect for serving on top of rice or mashed potatoes.     See recipe

      Alternative
News
      Nation’s Largest Private Water Utility Joins Lawsuit Against Herbicide Maker   from Huffington Post / via Common Dreams News Center (commondreams.org)
      The nation's largest private water utility company has joined a federal lawsuit that aims to force the manufacturer of atrazine, a widely-used herbicide, to pay for its removal from drinking water. The class action lawsuit was originally filed in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois by 16 cities in Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, and Iowa. The communities are alleging that Swiss corporation Syngenta AG and its Delaware counterpart Syngenta Crop Protection, Inc. made billions of dollars selling atrazine while local taxpayers were left "the ever-growing bill for filtering the toxic product from the public's drinking water." American Water Company joined the lawsuit in five of those states on Thursday (March 25, 2010), representing 28 additional Midwestern communities.
            See the full article

               See previous News links

      Arts and Entertainment
      From Sleater-Kinney to NPR: An Interview with Carrie Brownstein
        from MotherJones.com
      A few years back, Carrie Brownstein was a singer and guitarist for Sleater-Kinney, a key player in the riot grrrl movement. Today, she's a blogger for NPR's Monitor Mix, where she writes about everything from horrible band names to drunken bass solos. MotherJones.com spoke with her recently about the transition from stage to the blogosphere, the evolution of the music industry, and the importance of creativity.
            Read full article >>>          See previous A&E links

      Holistic Health
      Finding Balance in Your Life By Norma Gentile / Professional Singer, Sound Shaman and Intuitive Healer
      Healing often happens best not by trying to influence an external person, event, or situation, but by looking internally to see why we want to change an external person, event, or situation. Identifying our own inner issue that is being brought up and ignited by the external world is the first step in healing it. When we heal something within ourselves, that same motion of healing resonates to the outer world. In this fashion our outer world changes because we have changed our inner world. But is everything within us really ours?
            Read full article >>>       See previous Holistic Health links

      Spirituality
      Enlightenment Through Dark Retreats interview with Reggie Ray by Tami Simon / AlternativesMagazine.com
      "It’s a retreat that you do after you’ve been meditating a lot because you need a lot of stability, psychological and meditative stability, to do it. And you go into total darkness for periods of time—for a week, say. A month is a long time to be in total darkness. And somebody brings you your food, slips it in, and you have your meals. Other than that there’s nothing to do. There’s no practice. In the type of retreat that I did, all you do is you sit and look into the darkness, and you see what comes up. And what this does, in my experience, is that it removes much of the barrier between the unconscious and the conscious mind."
            Read full article >>>            See previous Spirituality links

      Reading
Room
      An Interview with William Cook Haigwood, Author, Photographer & Creator of The Counterculture Tarot by Cheryl Lynne Bradley / TarotCanada.org
      "Some of us lived the Sixties as political activists, some as communards, some as feminists, some as lovers, some as priestesses, some as hermits, some as hanged men (and women), some as wands, some as swords, etc. …in this spirit it was not hard to use the Tarot’s honored imagery to create nodal points of coalescence for the events and experiences of the Counterculture. What was hard was to assemble the vast landscape of the Sixties and all that happened under the Tarot’s template in a way that would connect archetype with artifact, persona with player, actual events with Tarot qualities."
            Read full article >>>       See previous Reading Room links

      Environment News Stories
      Wales, 'Appalachia of the UK,' Engineers a Brighter Post-Coal Future   by Jonathan Hiskes / Grist.org
      Wales was one of the first places to rise in the industrial revolution. Then it was one of the first to see its fossil fuel–based economy bottom out. Over the last decade, its government has invested heavily in clean-energy technologies, trying to cultivate a job base built on innovation rather than on mining and burning its natural resources. You can look at Wales as the Appalachia of the U.K. - rural, hilly, beautiful, and, for much of the past two centuries, economically dependent on digging up and selling a fossil fuel. The key difference is that Wales built up its mining industry sooner, and saw it collapse sooner. But laws of economics promise the real Appalachia is following the same path.
            Read full article >>>        See previous Environment links

       FEATURED EDUCATION
      Free Doubt-Free Meditation
      by Shree, Transformation Meditation Home Study Teacher Training

      Take 5 minutes everyday for yourself in meditation and see the profound results

      Download this free (mp3) and listen with eyes closed in the comfort of your own home. On this recording, Shree gently guides you into the meditative awareness through the sound of her voice and the words that carry the meaning of the space of highest consciousness. Listen to this every day and experience the profound nature of who you are as the absolute Self––pure, free and forever. Peace and bliss are forever shining inside, you just need to take the time to allow yourself to experience it directly.

      Also free: The Benefits of Meditation Report, A Questionnaire: Are you meditating effectively?, and a 5 min. Meditation on Patanjali Yoga (MP3).

      The Transformation Meditation Home Study Courses that we provide are: Doubt Free Foundation Series, Teacher Training, Essence of Patanjali and Essence of the Bhagavad Gita. Continuing Education Certificates of achievement are provided for all of our courses.

      For more information go to our website: transformedu.com.

      FEATURED BOOK
      Awake in Angelscape:
      The Scenic Route to the Sacred Self

      By Stacie Coller

      The greatest journey you will ever take begins with a leap of faith...

      Awake in Angelscape is a guided meditation book that uses a journey through an imaginary landscape to initiate a progression of 30 self-healing and wholeness activities. The book activities seek to provide the Reader with deeply moving experiences and inner tools that respect the way the brain responds to internally generated imagery. The work in the book uses a synergy of the Reader's imagination, clear intentions, and personal spiritual faith to weave a potent interactive journey to the Sacred Self.

      The book's activities provide protocols to address the major processes of self-healing and wholeness work. These processes are: 1) flushing the system of accumulated energetic and emotional congestion, 2) fortifying the system to be resilient against harmful or negative influence, 3) rectifying negative perceptions and patterns, 4) restoring a sense of wholeness and harmony within the system 5) empowering the Self to identify, cultivate, and express the most sacred and evolved aspects of itself as an individual and as a member of larger systems, 6) embracing and having compassion for "being human", so that forward progress is viewed as a cumulative journey instead of a destination.

      "This book gives a wonderful assortment of healing meditations and tools for those looking to find more than just physical healing. The exercises are thorough and the visualization techniques are exceptional. I have recommended this book to many folks. Even if you just did the cleansing exercise or inner child exercise, the book would have paid for itself. It has been one of the best investments I have ever made!" - L. L., Amazon Customer Review

      Is this book for you? Take the quiz to find out! You can also watch and share the book trailer on YouTube.

      Order now from

      Personally Connect with author Stacie Coller on Twitter

      FEATURED EVENT
      Dance Meditation with Dunya McPhearson
      April 10-11, 2010 in Asheville, NC

      By encouraging receptivity, creativity and present-ness, Dancemeditation™ cultivates our inherent ability to heal and self-regulate using a wide variety of movement techniques - including Fluid Yoga, Breath Dances, Deep State Motion, Gesture, among others - within a primarily non-verbal study environment.

      Dunya's Spiritual Bellydance approaches belly dance as an inward facing art that can reach and dissolve the blocks in your body, illuminate your pelvis, spine, and flesh, and ignite your spiritual heart. Come delight in this versatile, ancient, evolving, dance as meditation, celebration, and self-restoration.

      Dancer, choreographer, filmmaker, author, and Master Teacher Dunya McPhearson is founder and Principal Teacher of the healing movement system Dancemeditation™.

      For more information, visit dancemeditation.org

      To register and for more information send an email, Phone 212-226-2114 or see this page.

      OmPlace • 311 Montford Avenue • Asheville • NC • 28801

      Subscribe | Send to a Friend | Report Spam