The Prophet's Conference: How Do We Get Ready For 2012? - Barbara Marx Hubbard

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2010

      --- RECOMMENDATIONS ---

      If you cannot view the images, or to view in another language, go to the online version.

      Simon Fraser University Vancouver - Burnaby Campus

      $100 discount for early Vancouver registration - Cancun was full!
      Full information: www.greatmystery.org/events/vancouver2012.html

      Barbara Marx Hubbard
      Joins Faculty of 2012 Tipping Point Prophets Conference Vancouver

      Buckminster Fuller has called Barbara Marx Hubbard “the best informed human now alive regarding futurism and the foresights it has produced.” Widely regarded as his philosophical heir, Barbara is a social innovator, speaker, author, educator and leader in the new worldview of conscious evolution.

      A Vision for Humanity
      Barbara Marx Hubbard

      Humanity is facing unprecedented, evolutionary changes. It is amazing—out of the famous Mayan prophecy has come the indication that we are facing the end of this world as we know it and the beginning of the new world by 2012. This date corresponds to environmental and social predictions of breakdowns and breakthroughs now widely known. Let’s assume there is some validity in these prophecies. What vision of the future, of the new world, might we see so that we can place our attention upon this vision as a strange attractor to carry us through this critical transition?

      The Evolution of Consciousness

      We notice that crisis precede transformation. Problems are evolutionary drivers. Intensifying pressure leads either to devolution and extinction or evolution and transformation. This is one reason that 2012 might be earthshaking and shocking to some. Furthermore, we see that evolution creates radical newness. Life out of prelife, human life out of animal life. Is it possible that from our species, a new human and a new humanity are now emerging? We can see the sequence from Homo habilis, Homo erectus, Homo Neanderthal, Homo sapiens, to Homo sapiens sapiens. Why should it stop with us? Is it possible that a new species has been gestating in the womb of self-consciousness through the great avatars, mystics, and visionaries for thousands of years, and that now, due the crisis, this new human is being born in millions of us? It has been predicted as Homo progressivus (Teilhard de Chardin), Gnostic Human (Sri Aurobindo), Homo sapiens, sapiens, sapiens (Peter Russell), Homo noeticus (John White), Homo universalist (my own favourite name). It is possible that the basic shift point in this prophecy is the emergence of the “universal human,” by whatever name it is called, as a “new norm.” Perhaps we will reach critical mass for this human by 2012.

      The fact is we see ourselves coming to the end of the viability and even survivability of ourselves in our current stage of self-centered self-consciousness. We are becoming “ego mutants,” as Alan Lithman calls current leadership, gaining powers we used to attribute to gods while we remain in the same state of consciousness as our ancestors.

      If we imagine ourselves only a few years in the future, even by 2012, providing we do not destroy ourselves first, we see the outlines of a vastly enhanced humanity, applying the growing edge of human consciousness, capacities, and evolutionary technologies to life-affirming goals, resulting in a quantum transformation of the human species itself.

      How Do We Get Ready For 2012?

      Realize that the higher self, the inner voice, is you. Bring your projections home as your own developmental potential. Ask that deeper self to take dominion within your personality selves, and shift your identity from your ego to your essence. This is the key step to being born as a more universal human. Then, find life purpose. Ask to know what you are born to do. Follow the compass of joy. Seek out those who affirm the highest in you. Where two or more are gathered in the name of that highest dimension or your being there, “I Am” is in your midst. Everyone is needed. Everyone is called. The greatest blessing any one of us can have is to say “yes” to the dormant potential within us. Reach out to those who attract you, and connect with as many others doing the same as you possibly can.

      ____________________________________

      OUR PURPOSE OF THE 2012 TIPPING POINT PROPHETS CONFERENCE VANCOUVER is to explore a radically different, more optimistic interpretation of the Mayan prophecy – as referring to the end of the world as we have known it. Instead of predicting a physical destruction of the material world, the Mayan prophecy might refer to death and rebirth and a mass inner transformation of humanity. The conference brings together JOSE ARGUELLES, BARBARA MARX HUBBARD, JOHN MAJOR JENKINS, JOHN KIMMEY, JOHN PERKINS, LLYN ROBERTS, DANIEL PINCHBECK, RICHARD TARNAS, FLORDEMAYO, and MIGUEL ANGEL VERGARA and in the beautiful setting of Vancouver, Canada. Following the conference will be in-depth post-conference workshops. We hope you can join us for this powerful and inspiring event.
      —Cody and Robin Johnson, Founders

      2012 TIPPING POINT - The Prophets Conference Vancouver
      Main Conference 23-25 July 2010
      Intensives 26-27 July 2010

      Simon Fraser University
      Burnaby Campus

      Full Information Linked from:
      www.greatmystery.org/events/vancouver2012.html

      CONFERENCE SPONSORS
      Reality Sandwich - Evolving consciousness, bite by bite.
      Lilipoh ~ the spirit in life
      Disinformation - A dynamic, independent media company promoting important political, social and cultural issues.
      Gaia Media - For a holistic and up to date understanding of our existence and the potential of human consciousness.
      Shaman Portal - The global resource for all things shamanic.

      For more information email: Event Info

      Cafe Cody Radio
      The Soundtrack to your life
      Coming to you from the Mediterranean island, Mallorca, Spain www.cafecody.com
      Bookstore
      Recommended Reading from
      The Prophets Conference
      and The Great Rethinking

      Contact Info
      Email: The Prophets Conference
      Home: www.greatmystery.org
      Tel: (1) 505 796 4023 USA/Canada or (44) 020 8123 5108 UK