Higher Awareness: (IJ) #8 - 349 - To support or not

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2010
      The Inner Journey - Open to new possibilities!

      To support or not

      "It is not helpful to help a friend by putting coins in his pockets when he has got holes in his pockets."

      -- Douglas Hurd

      Are you struggling financially because you are helping another adult who is being irresponsible around money?

      Without intending to do so, we can keep people dependent when we are willing to financially rescue them. Enablers typically feel it’s their duty to help out. They may see giving money as an expression of love. Unfortunately, they may lose their own financial security as a result.

      As hard as it may be to do, the solution may lie in forcing the dependent to find his or her own way financially. In this case, it’s not selfish to not lend a hand -- it actually serves the highest interests of all. Learning personal responsibility can be a tough road but it’s a necessary one for empowerment.

      "Few things help an individual more than to place responsibility upon them and to let them know that you trust them."

      -- Booker T. Washington

      Tackle your financial challenges holistically! Learn the basic steps to managing money, explore your beliefs around wealth, and open to the spiritual laws of abundance with our online Money and Abundance workbook with email support.

      John & Patrice RobsonThe Inner Journey is brought to you by John & Patrice Robson of HigherAwareness.com. We invite you to take the awareness and consciousness journey to know & grow yourself.

      Copyright © 1999 - 2009 Higher Awareness Inc.
      111 Kulawy Drive North NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6L 6T9

      Ezine Design by Shoi @ eMasters' Ezine Heaven