Re: << lovingpurelove >> Re: Higher Awareness: (IJ) #8 - 348 - Beware of duty

  • Ken Randall
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2010
      Well, I'm afraid I still disagree with your explanation below.

      Even if we are not truly giving and doing whole-heartedly, then if
      there is truly a duty involved, then that takes precedence over
      what one may wish (or not wish) to do.  If someone else is
      entitled to expect something, then that right of theirs (human
      rights) takes precedence. The (human) rights of one take
      precedence over just the wishes of others.

      There can be a gift to the world even if something is done
      reluctantly.  Furthermore, if it is a duty, and something
      worthwhile greater than yourself comes from it, then in time you
      do come to see that, and therefore become happy to do it.

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2010
        we will just have to agree to disagree Ken. I have lived a good portion of my life attempting to do what was expected of me or giving to someone else what they were expecting to receive or have done; and that has never ever, in the long run, done anything but diminish that the recipient and the giver. We are all indoctrinated, to one degree or another from birth about, "honor, duty, give until it hurts, this is expected of you" and by and large look at how the world has resulted from those mindsets. There is always the other side of the coin with what is said to be duty. Be true to yourself first and you will find yourself being true to others because it all starts inside first. The measure you meet out to one self is the measure that is given out to others. I do respect your opinion and where you speak from. Namaste