Infinite Being Newsletter: The Illusion of Death

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2010

      In a surprise review by the founder of Trans4mind.com, the largest personal development web site in the world, Peter Shepherd says about Owen Waters’ new book, Love, Light, Laughter: The New Spirituality:

      "Heart-centered awareness is what this beautifully written book is all about. Blessedly lacking in dogma, it illustrates on every page that each of us already is loving, wise and joyful if we only open to our inner being. This isn't an esoteric process for initiates; it's for everyone. The many real-life examples Owen offers demonstrate how we can start to follow a path illuminated by our own loving nature, and the great benefits that result."

      The Illusion of Death

      by Owen Waters

      The loss of a loved one is one of the saddest and most agonizing traumas that we suffer on this physical plane of existence.

      From the point of view of the departed person, their transition isn’t sad at all. They move into a higher, more subtle realm of consciousness which, compared to the physical realm, is filled with the love of dear friends and a living light that is visible everywhere they look.

      They feel buoyed with bliss in a world where their physical infirmities have been left behind. Everyone in the spirit world looks and feels young. If they were older when they left the physical world, they are delighted to find that they look 30 years old again. Soon, they are ready to start a whole new phase of life and seek out fresh avenues of personal growth.

      They start by attending an orientation center where they acclimatize to their new, lighter environment. After this, their guide takes them to a grand reunion with their closest friends - the soul aspects of their immediate and closest soul groups.

      People belong to an immediate soul group of typically around nine souls. Their group will have a strong connection to two or more other soul groups. They will also share connections to their greater soul family, which will typically number a thousand or more souls.

      From the perspective of the one who has passed on, their life has become filled with love, light, and the laughter of being reunited with the soul aspects of their closest friends. None of their soul group will be missing from that reunion as, even though some of them may be presently incarnate in the physical world, their soul aspects also retain their own awareness in the subtle realms.

      Meanwhile, here in the physical world, those who are left behind feel alone and sad at the loss of their loved one. If the spirit of the loved one comes to visit, their attempts at cheering up the physical person often fail as their presence brings back memories of times together and, not consciously sensing the visiting spirit, they feel even more sad and alone.

      The irony is that, every night when the physical person goes to sleep, their brain settles down for a night’s sleep, but their spirit body leaves to visit the very same world of their dearly departed. The only functional difference between sleep and physical death is that, with sleep, you reinhabit your physical body in the morning.

      At night, you can spend all the time you want in the company of your loved one. In the morning, however, when you reinhabit your physical body, your brain wakes up and there’s a veil or barrier that exists between most of the memories of the night and your physical waking state.

      It’s as if you lived in a house with an upstairs and a downstairs. You spend the day in the downstairs section of the house and, at night, you go upstairs. Your dear, departed ones live upstairs. But, there is something strange about the stairs. They contain a veil of forgetfulness that steals your memories as you come back downstairs. It’s all a part of the package of living in separation that we are exploring in this physical world.

      It helps to console ourselves with the thought that our loved ones have gone on to a more joyful place and remember that, despite external appearances, they are not really gone from our lives. They’re just ‘upstairs’ and their minds are merely a welcoming thought away from ours.

      Owen Waters is the author of Love, Light Laughter: The New Spirituality, which is available both as a paperback and a downloadable e-book, at:

      http://www.infinitebeing.com/ebooks/love.htm

      The Infinite Being newsletter brings you spiritual insights for the New Awareness each Sunday at your request from Infinite Being Publishing LLC, Delaware, USA.