Daily Hindu Wisdom: It Is In Love That Religion Exists

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1 10:41 AM
      LogoBeliefnet Hindu Wisdom
      Daily Hindu Wisdom

      It is in love that religion exists and not in ceremony-in the pure and sincere love in the heart. Unless a man is pure in body and mind, his coming into a temple and worshipping Shiva is useless. The prayers of those who are pure in mind and body will be answered by Shiva, and those who are impure and yet try to teach religion to others will fail in the end. External worship is only a symbol of internal worship, but internal worship and purity are the real things. Without them, external worship would be of no avail.

      - Vivekananda

      More Hindu Quotes

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2010
        Daily Hindu Wisdom