Aluna Joy: Mayan Ruins Submerged in Guatemalan Lake

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2009
       Center of the Sun Updates
      A few additions I forgot to add to the recent newsletter .
      Posted here...
      http://www.kachina.net/~alunajoy/news11-09.html
      .
      Turning Point into the Shift of the Ages Radio Show
      interview with Aluna Joy on 9/9/09 with host Doreen Agostino.
       If you missed the show ... you can listen to it here.
      http://www.modavox.com/voiceamerica/vepisode.aspx?aid=40931

      I love confirmation.... NOW.... I know why I like to stop the boat in the middle of Lake Atitlan to meditate!
      I feel that the energy there is quite special, but didn't know why.
      Now we do. I know this is why I wanted to go back to Lake Atitlan last year!

      Divers search Mayan Ruins Submerged in Guatemalan Lake
      Posted By Sara-Lise Haith  http://gear.deeperblue.net/newsfull.php/2111

      ABC News: Scuba divers are exploring the depths of a volcanic lake in Guatemala to find clues about an ancient sacred island where Mayan pilgrims flocked to worship before it was submerged by rising waters. The Maya built soaring
      pyramids and elaborate palaces in Central America and southern Mexico before mysteriously abandoning their cities around 900 A.D. Samabaj, the first underwater archaeological ruins excavated in Guatemala, were discovered accidentally 12 years ago by a diver exploring picturesque Lake Atitlan, ringed
      by Mayan villages and popular with foreign tourists. Roberto Samayoa, a businessman and recreational diver who grew up near the lake has dived in it for years.
      He says in a newspaper report that he would often find pieces of pottery from the Mayan pre-classic period. In 1996, he found the site, with parts of buildings and huge ceremonial stones, known as stelae, clearly visible. He named it Samabaj,
      after himself, but only in the past year have professional archaeologists taken an interest, mapping the 4,300-square-foot (400-square-meter) area with sonar technology and excavating structures on a raised part of the lake bed. Researchers believe this area, 50 feet below the lake's surface, was once an island until a catastrophic event, like a volcanic eruption or landslide, raised water levels. The rising lake drowned the buildings around 250 A.D., before the height of the Mayan empire, and ceramics found intact there suggest the inhabitants left in a hurry.
      .
      Very few left...
      Arte Maya 2010 Calendar with Paintings by Maya Village Artists
      http://www.kachina.net/~alunajoy/books.html
      .
      Only 2 days left for a chance to help
      Support Casa de Milagros Peru
      Home for orphaned and abandoned
      children to win America's Giving Challenge
      http://apps.facebook.com/causes/203851/90870258?m=cc366e79

      Our Dear Brother David from New Zealand,
      and self professed Maya Lands Jungle Junkie writes beautiful poetry to keep himself in the energy of the Maya Lands while being in the world. I wanted to share this one with you.

      STANDING in the LIGHT
      In fields of flowers
      There is
      wonder and beauty