The Prophet's Conference: From the Grasslands to the Starship - Terence McKenna

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2009

      --- RECOMMENDATIONS ---

      2012 TIPPING POINT
      The Prophets Conference Cancun
      22-29 January 2010

      Conference Information: www.greatmystery.org/events/cancun2012.htm

      Visit:
      www.greatmystery.org

      Terence McKenna by
      Robert Venosa

      One of the principle philosophical underpinnings for our assumption of 2012 being a planetary tipping point comes from our years of working with the late Terence McKenna. In 1996 we presented the Terence McKenna Prophets Conference Timewave Zero tour of America beginning at the Cathedral of Saint John the Divine in New York then moving across the country, ending at UCLA in Los Angeles. Combine fractal mathematics with the I-Ching into a computer program created with a giant punch card computer at Berkeley in the 1960s, and you come up with a graph of history measuring novelty (new things and events) vs. habit (nothing new). From this you come to a Zero Point on December 21, 2012, which as we know happens to also be the end of the Mayan long-count. Interesting.

      YOU CAN GET A BETTER GRASP OF THIS BY GOING TO
      www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtnV25LWFQ8&feature=related.

      So, back in the 90s we brought together for an exciting weekend workshop on Maui, Hawaii Terence McKenna and leading fiction author and close friend of McKenna’s Tom Robbins. Participants came from around the world for this one time mind boggling event, which we agreed not to record. But here is some of what Tom Robbins wrote about McKenna in the forward to McKenna’s book The Archaic Revival which is reminiscent of the Maui gathering.

      “Our problems today are more complex and more threatening than at any time in history. Sadly, we cannot even begin to solve those problems, because our reality orientations are lower than a snowman’s blood pressure. We squint at existence through thick veils of personal and societal ignorance, overlaid with still more opaque sheets of disinformation, thoughtfully provided by the state, the church, and big business (often one and the same). The difference between us and Helen Keller is that she knew she was deaf and blind.

      “Radical problems call for radical solutions. Conventional politicians are too softheaded to create radical solutions and too fainthearted to implement them if they could, whereas political revolutionaries, no matter how well meaning, ultimately offer only bloodshed followed by another round of repression.

      “To truly alter conditions, we must alter ourselves—philosophically, psychologically, and perhaps, biologically. The first step in those alterations will consist mainly of cutting away the veils in order that we see ourselves for that transgalactic Other that we really are and always have been. Terence the Tailor has got the sharpest shears in town. And he’s open Sundays and holidays. Once the veils are severed, we, each of us, can finally start to attend to our self-directed mutagensis.

      “The flying saucer is warming up its linguistic engines. The mushroom is shoving its broadcasting transmitter through the forest door. Time for the monkeys to move into hyperspace! It’s going to be a weird, wild trip, but, guided by the archaic, Gaia-given gyroscope, we can commence the journey in a state of excitement and hope. With his uniquely secular brand of eschatological euphoria, Terence McKenna is inviting us to a Doomsday we can live with. Be there or be square.”
      —Tom Robbins

      The purpose of this conference is to explore a radically different, more optimistic interpretation of the Mayan prophecy – as referring to the end of the world as we have known it. Instead of predicting a physical destruction of the material world, the Mayan prophecy might refer to death and rebirth and a mass inner transformation of humanity. The conference brings together Stanislav Grof, Jose Arguelles, Graham Hancock, Jacque Fresco, John Major Jenkins, Christine Page, Daniel Pinchbeck, Roxanne Meadows, and Miguel Angel Vergara in the beautiful setting of Cancun, Mexico. Following the conference will be a pilgrimage to the Mayan sites of Chichen Itza, Coba, Ek Balam, and Muyil.

      For more information:
      Call (1) 505-559-4632 USA or (44) 020 8133 4994 UK
      email:
      Event Info

      Cafe Cody Radio
      The Soundtrack to your life
      Coming to you from the Mediterranean island, Mallorca, Spain
      www.cafecody.com
      Bookstore
      Recommended Reading from
      The Prophets Conference
      and The Great Rethinking
      Featured Tours
      SHAMANIC SOJOURN IN EGYPT the land of Ptah with Hank Wesselman:
      A Prophets Conference Journey
      1-12 December 2009
      2012 TIPPING POINT - CANCUN
      Jose Arguelles, Jacque Fresco, Stanislav Grof, Graham Hancock, John Major Jenkins, Roxanne Meadows, Christine Page, Daniel Pinchbeck, Miguel Angel
      22-29 January 2010
      SHAPESHIFTING A NEW WORLD DEEP IN THE LANDS OF THE MAYA
      with John Perkins and Llyn Roberts 3-13 December 2009
      EMBRACING TRANSCENDENCE PILGRIMAGE IN SOUTH INDIAYOGA and QUANTUM CONSCIOUSNESS with Amit Goswami and Uma Krishnamurthy 15-28 January 2010

      Contact Info
      Email: The Prophets Conference
      Home: www.greatmystery.org
      Tel: (1) 505 796 4023 USA/Canada or (44) 020 8123 5108 UK