Re: [4_Angel_Lovers] Keeper S/S

  • pattigarrett1
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29 7:53 PM
      Hello everyone and a good evening all for those in foreign lands):

      I just opened this message from a man named Burt in a group called 4_Angel_Lovers we both subscribe to.  It touched me and impressed me so much that I just could not resist sharing it with all of you.  If this is not something you wish to read, just delete it now, with my blessings. However, if it touched you as much as it did me, I do hope you will take time to share it with some of your friends.

      Have a lovely evening, what is left of it and may your night be filled with restful and peaceful sleep.

      Peace, love, light, joy and angel hugs,

      PattiAngel

      Keeper
      ***************
      I grew up in the 40's/50's with practical parents. A mother, God love her, who washed aluminum foil after she cooked in it, then reused it. She was the original recycle queen, before they had a name for it... A father who was happier getting old shoes fixed than buying new ones.

      Their marriage was good, their dreams focused. Their best friends lived barely a wave away.

      I can see them now, Dad in trousers, tee shirt and a hat and Mom in a house dress, lawn mower in one hand, and dish-towel in the other. It was the time for fixing things. A curtain rod, the kitchen radio, screen door, the oven door, the hem in a dress Things we keep.

      It was a way of life, and sometimes it made me crazy. All that re-fixing, eating, renewing, I wanted just once to be wasteful. Waste meant affluence. Throwing things away meant you knew there'd always be more.

      But then my mother died, and on that clear summer's night, in the warmth of the hospital room, I was struck with the pain of learning that sometimes there isn't any more.

      Sometimes, what we care about most gets all used up and goes away...never to return. So... While we have it... it's best we love it.... And care for it... And fix it when it's broken........ And heal it when it's sick.

      This is true for marriage.... And old cars.... And children with bad report cards..... And dogs with bad hips.... And aging parents..... And grandparents. We keep them because they are worth it, because we are worth it. Some things we keep. Like a best friend that moved away or a classmate we grew up with.

      There are just some things that make life important, like people we know who are special....... And so, we keep them close!

      I received this from someone who thinks I am a 'keeper', so I've sent it to the people I think of in the same way.. Now it's your turn to send this to those people that are "keepers" in your life. \ Good friends are like stars.... You don't always see them,

      But you know they are always there.  Keep them close!

      TEN THINGS GOD WON'T ASK ON THAT DAY.

      1.... God won't ask what kind of car you drove. He'll ask how many people you drove who didn't have transportation.

      2... God won't ask the square footage of your house, He'll ask how many people you welcomed into your home.

      3.... God won't ask about the clothes you had in your closet, He'll ask how many you helped to clothe.

      4... God won't ask what your highest salary was. He'll ask if you compromised your character to obtain it.

      5... God won't ask what your job title was. He'll ask if you performed your job to the best of your ability.

      6.... God won't ask how many friends you had. He'll ask how many people to whom you were a friend.

      7... God won't ask in what neighborhood you lived, He'll ask how you treated your neighbors.

      8... God won't ask about the color of your skin, He'll ask about the content of your character.

      9... God won't ask why it took you so long to seek Salvation. He'll lovingly take you to your mansion in heaven, and not to the gates of Hell.

      10... God won't have to ask how many people you forwarded this to, He already knows your decision.

      So if we could all keep these things in mind as we walk our spiritual path daily, we just might all be better for it.  I am just so glad that Burt shared this with our group tonight.

      Stationery ©Stationery Heaven
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This message has NOT been classified as spam. If it is unsolicited mail (spam), click on the following link to reclassify it: