OmPlace ALTWIRE - April 1, 2009

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2009
      Enjoy the current edition! I am sure each of us will find more than one article that we are highly interested and drawn towards. :)

      SPIRIT CARD

      Happy Garden Cat
      by Kathy Crabbe

      Visit the
      Spirit Card Center!

      OUR 192nd ISSUE
      Welcome to Issue 192 of OmPlace's Altwire newsletter. Please direct your submissions and suggestions to: susanp@...

      FREE OmPlace Radio

      Visit JukeboxAlive.com

      FEATURED WEBSITES
      Trance Dance and Tantric Shamanism
      in Brazil

      July 17th ~ 26th 2009
      Piracanga Retreat
      South Bahia, Brazil

      Journey to the Heart is offering this option for individuals who embrace Dance and Shamanism as a form of inner expression, individuals that are ready to embark on a magical and mystical journey of the Self through Sacred Dance, Movement, Shamanic Ritual, Soul Retrieval, Power Animal Retrieval and more… Piracanga is the place where you can rest and let go ... For more info see Journey2theHeart.com ~ click “Spiritual Travel” ~ or email Ernesto - call 305 595-1668 or 305 632-5603.

      Soul Healing and Enlightenment Retreats with Master Zhi Gang Sha

      Follow your soul's desire. Join Master Zhi Gang Sha, inspiring soul leader, exceptional healer, and chosen divine servant. Learn soul secrets, wisdom, knowledge and practices, clear your blockages and transform every aspect of your life. Experience soul healing and enlightenment. For more details, call 888-339-6815, send an email or visit drsha.com.

      Hypnosis Certification at Hypnotherapy.com

      One of the original state-licensed schools (1978), our fascinating courses teach hypnotherapy for career training, for expanding the skills of healing arts professionals, and for personal growth. Taught in San Francisco area by Randal Churchill & Marleen Mulder, "The Teachers of the Teachers".TM Call 1-800-256-6448 or email us for our FREE brochure or visit www.hypnotherapy.com.

      Imagine This Presentation

      Pan & Zoom Slide Show
      Voiceover Description
      Background Music
      Captions
      We provide the tools to create a presentation like this in 5 minutes for under $5. Too good to be true? evoicespot.com

      Sacred Geometry
      Oracle Deck

      Visionary artist Francene Hart designed this Sacred Geometry Oracle Deck. It includes a 128-page 6X9 paperback book with 64 full-color oracle cards in a beautifully boxed set. See this page for more info.

      Catch a Falling Star and other prints by visionary artist Francene Hart are available for only $45 each. Each print is 12x18, matted, sealed and signed. All of Francene Hart's images are available as Full Color Prints or ArtCards. For more info click here.

      RECIPE OF THE WEEK
      Recipe of the Week: Spinach Pesto Pasta with Roasted Vegetables from VegWeb.com
      Use whatever vegetables you have on hand - the roasted veggies are good, but the spinach pesto really steals the show!
      See recipe

             See previous recipe links

      Alternative News
      Plans to Kill Plants Along US-Mexico Border Reminiscent of Agent Orange Use
        from Common Dreams News Center (commondreams.org)
      The U.S. Border Patrol plans to poison the plant life along a 1.1-mile stretch of the Rio Grande riverbank to get rid of the hiding places used by smugglers, robbers and illegal immigrants. Although Border Patrol and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency officials say the chemical is safe for animals, detractors say the experiment is reminiscent of the Vietnam War-era Agent Orange chemical program and raises questions about long-term effects. "We don't believe that is even moral," said Jay Johnson-Castro Sr., executive director of the Rio Grande International Study Center, located at Laredo Community College, adjacent to the planned test area. "It is unprecedented that they'd do it in a populated area," he said of spraying the edge of the Rio Grande as it weaves between the cities of Laredo and Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.
            See the full article >>>          See previous News links

      Arts and Entertainment
      Rachael Yamagata - Lost and Found   from GlideMagazine.com
      Virginia-born German-Japanese twin Rachael Yamagata has done a lot of living for a relatively new face upon the scene. The singer/songwriter got her start as the face of Chicago funk band Bumpus, and gradually morphed from funky diva to melodic songstress. She launched her solo career in 2001 with a self-titled EP through Arista Records. Her latest double disc set, "Elephants... Teeth Sinking Into Heart" was produced largely by Mike Mogis (Bright Eyes, Rilo Kiley, The Faint), and also John Alagia (John Mayer, Dave Matthews Band, Happenstance). Glide Magazine recently caught up with Rachael in this interview.
            Read full article >>>          See previous A&E links

      Holistic Health
      Questions Remain Over Long-Term Effects of Cell Phone Use from AlterNet.org
      Pinning down whether mobile phones - or the many antenna towers that relay their calls via radiofrequency (RF) signals - actually cause cancer or other health problems has been a notoriously tricky scientific endeavor. Studies investigating their risks have often been ambiguous and confusing, partly because cell phone technologies are still relatively new, and partly because many cancers take years to develop. Phones’ long-term impact on children, whose brains absorb more RF radiation than those of adults, also remains unclear.
            Read full article >>>           See previous Holistic Health links

      Reading Room
      How to See Chakras By Rhys Thomas / Spirit of Change Magazine (spiritofchange.org)
      There is nothing more beautiful than to see and experience the chakra system of another person. Because you go beyond looking at him or her with your eyes, you open all of your senses to experience this person’s inner light and potential at every level. Although the chakras are very mystical, they are also the grounding of our everyday lives. Each of the seven chakras corresponds to specific emotions, imagery and function in its role as an energy gateway in our body. These chakra descriptions in this article may help you get to “see” each one a little better.
            Read full article >>>       See previous Reading Room links

      Spirituality
      Women Mystics and the New Millennium   by Mary Devlin / New Renaissance Magazine (ru.org)
      Even though religion has, since recorded history, been patriarchal, we notice a resurgence of feminine energy in spiritual movements recently. Many gurus from Hindu tradition right now are women. Gurumayi Chidvilasananda, Mother Meera, Mata Amritanandamayi and Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati are a few. In the West we have an increasing number of female spiritual teachers: the Christian, Evelyn Underhill; the Buddhist, Joanna Macy; the pagans, Starhawk and Vicki Noble; and from western metaphysics, Marianne Williamson. There is no doubt that women mystics are taking the lead during these transitional times, contributing to the spiritual well-being of the planet, and to its physical security as well. Perhaps if we put our minds together, we can create the kind of world we want — a peaceful world where everyone pulls together to promote not only physical survival, but the growth of knowledge and awareness as well.
            Read full article >>>            See previous Spirituality links

      Environment News Stories
      The Dirt on 'Clean Coal'   by Ari Berman / TheNation.com
      The American coal industry, which pumps 2 billion tons of CO2 into the atmosphere each year and contributes more than one-third of the nation's overall greenhouse gas emissions, is nothing if not resilient. The industry is spending millions of dollars on a slick messaging campaign stressing its "commitment to clean." Critics argue that "clean coal" means anything the industry wants it to, pointing out that of the country's 616 coal plants, none are carbon-free or close to it. The viability of an environmentally sustainable future for coal is questionable, and so is the industry's commitment to cleaning itself up. The Center for American Progress recently released a report showing that the country's biggest coal companies have spent only a fraction of their multibillion-dollar profits developing technologies to curb carbon emissions from coal-fired power plants.
            Read full article >>>        See previous Environment links

      FEATURED BOOK
      Parables from
      the Ship of Song

      There are times in the human consciousness the collective whole of a nation and the world experience chaos, turmoil, despair, lack of hope and fear. One of the greatest messages of the new era in which you dwell is the resiliency of the will of God. The resiliency of the human psyche. There is a mythological bird, the phoenix, that rises from the ashes. So it is for the human spirit, so it is with you, so it is with all you encounter, the human spirit, and that truth is greater than any and all things this world might inflict upon you. There is no one whom you shall ever meet that is unable to tap that resilience. There is no defeat.
      Communiques, Copyright 2009. Awakening Publications.

      - press release page - :
      http://pressroom.awakeningpublications.com

      - blog-spot page - :
      http://awakeningpublications.blogspot.com

      - wholesale pricing page - :
      http://wholesale.awakeningpublications.com
      UN: wholesale, PW: ap60 (allows you to enter site)

       FEATURED RETREATS
      Travel to heal the planet?
      August 1-16, 2009
      - Magical Peru

      What? You mean I can actually contribute to the planet by traveling to Peru? Tell me how -

      Join Paula Muran and the energy of Sanatkumara (planetary logos, ascended master) in an opportunity of a lifetime. One of Paula’s purposes is to heal the planetary grid—a complex structure of energy leylines that encircle the globe. This electromagnetic grid connects each of you to higher consciousness throughout the universe. In addition, buried under Lake Titicaca is an ancient temple. In this temple is a book of record, similar to the Akashic Soul Records and it’s called the Solar Disc.

      In the late 1990’s Paula was instructed to activate the energy of the Solar Disc. In meditation on an island in Lake Titicaca Paula and her group along with Jorge Delgado— asked most profoundly “Do you remember? During the quiet of the meditation the Solar Disc was activated and rose over the Lake and illumined the physical sky.

      Paula returns to Peru in August to again reinforce the Southern hemisphere gridlines and reactivate the Solar Disc. Your energy along with the group assists in this process of change for yourself and humanity. Group work is done throughout the trip plus you are connected to the heart center of Sanatkumara. $3,390.00 + airfare. Experience the enchanting energy of Machu Pichu and Lake Titikaka. Peru is rich in ancient knowledge and memory.

      For more info please see paulamuran.com.

      Past-Life Regression Counselor Training
      April 21-26, 2009, Sedona, AZ
      Always wanted to learn how to conduct expert past-life regressions? Join us at the Angel Valley Retreat Center just outside Sedona for a life-changing and highly experiential 5-night course. You will be warmly welcomed, and you will receive thorough instruction in every aspect of past-life regression by Mary Elizabeth Raines, a recognized expert in this remarkable field. By the time you complete the course, you will be ready to conduct past-life regression sessions with confidence, competence and compassion. Gourmet vegetarian meals & shared lodging included in tuition package.

      For details, see the website or call (920) 867-3900.

       FEATURED WEBSITES
      ASK GUIDANCE in Channeled Life Reading

      What do you want most from this lifespace? Would you like to know what resists the creation of that? Do you want to know the fastest way for you to create what you want in a practical down-to-earth way?
      Guidance are higher vibrational Beings of Love and Light with exceptional clarity. They speak to you from the perspective of your Highself.

      During Channeled Life Readings Guidance tells you why the blocks were created and shows you the quickest way to shift (remove) them. This frees you to accomplish that which you incarnated for and to enjoy being happy. Create a stronger awareness of and connection to your Highself, vibrant health, joyous relationships, abundant wealth, self-empowerment and more.

      Free! ASK GUIDANCE Newsletter: We invite you to submit a question or two for Guidance to answer in the ASK GUIDANCE Newsletter - Sign Up Here

      For more information visit AskGuidance.com.

      Katherine Aaron, NMD offers Channeled Life Readings worldwide by phone. Click Here for more info.

       FEATURED BOOK
      LIFE and MIND —
      In Search of
      the Physical Basis

      Edited by Savely Savva

      Contemporary physics cannot explain life. The postulated concept of the biofield control system and experimental and theoretical works presented in the book suggest ways to broaden current scientific paradigm. Experimental studies presented and referred to in this book suggest that the operation of the organism cannot be reduced to chemical interactions since contemporary chemistry knows only electric and thermal forces; that the biological nuclear synthesis presented by Louis Kervran in 1960-80's is not a myth; that the non-structural memory of water manifests itself at organism, cellular and enzymes levels; that human intent and / or expectation may effect cellular equilibrium, etc.

      For more information or to order, see misaha.com or Trafford Publishing.

      OmPlace • 311 Montford Avenue • Asheville • NC • 28801

      SubscribeSend to a Friend | Report Spam