Where I live

  • Polly
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2002
      My home is here in Northern California.  Ukiah is a narrow valley about 100 miles north of San Francisco, 40 miles from the Pacific Coast as a crow flies, however an hour and 1/2 drive over the mountains and through the forest to arrive there.  Not too much going on here in industry, other than a large pear operation, and many vineyards.  We moved here when my husband was transferred to be near the Geysers, as a drilling and production inspector for the Bureau of Land Management.  We've been here for 19 years, our youngest daughter was born here.

      In our younger years, we met and lived together in the Haight Ashbury, San Francisco as flower children, seekers of love and truth.  My most sublime and mystical experiences were during the years 1967-1970, however since that time, I am one of those people who is in continual contemplation and expression of things spiritual.  We spent a lot of time on Mount Shasta during the warmer months, living in Panther Meadows, and Squaw Camp.  A Bodhisattvic saint was our constant companion, in both Haight Ashbury and Mount Shasta.  We sensed that we were ushering in the Aquarian Age, as we still are, all of us.

      With love, blessing, and care,
      Polly