Daily Zen

  • Jeremiah Malakhim Huberman
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 1, 2002

      JeremiahMalakhim

      Yahoo Instant Messenger:
      JeremiahMalakhimHuberman

      My Yahoo Profile:
      http://profiles.yahoo.com/JeremiahMalakhimHuberman

      My Yahoo Groups:

      The Wind Is My Sweet Mother
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Wind_Is_My_Sweet_Mother

      Standing on the bare ground-my head bathed by the blithe air and uplifted into infinite space-all mean egotism vanishes. I become a transparent eyeball; I am nothing; I see all; the currents of the Universal Being circulate through me; I am part or parcel of God. The name of the nearest friend sounds then foreign and accidental; to be brothers, to be acquaintances, master or servant, is then a trifle and a disturbance. I am the lover uncontained and immortal beauty.
      ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

    • Jeremiah Malakhim Huberman
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 2, 2002

        the sage

        Daily Zen

        http://www.DailyZen.com

        A Buddha is one who does not seek.
        In seeking the Way, you turn away from it.
        This is the principle of non-seeking.
        When you seek it, you lose it.
        If you cling to non-striving,
        this is the same as striving.
        Thus the Diamond Cutter Scripture
        says, “Do not grasp truth,
        do not grasp untruth,
        and do not grasp that which is not untrue.”

        - Pai-chang (720-814)

        MSN Instant Messenger:
        Malakhim

        AOL Instant Messenger:
        JeremiahMalakhim

        Yahoo Instant Messenger:

        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 3, 2002
          the sage

          You guard a spiritual thing;
          it isn’t something you could make,
          and it isn’t something you can describe.
          In this ground of ours,
          there is no Buddha, no nirvana,
          and no path to practice;
          no doctrine to actualize.
          The way is not within existence
          or nonexistence;
          what method would one then practice?
          This abundant light,
          wherever you are, in every situation,
          is itself the great way.

          - Tan-hsia (739-824)

          Daily Zen

          MSN Instant Messenger:
          Malakhim

          AOL Instant Messenger:
          JeremiahMalakhim

          Yahoo Instant Messenger:

          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 11, 2002

            the sage

            There's no self and no person,
            How then kinfolk and stranger!
            I beg you, cease going
            From lecture to lecture;
            It's better to seek truth directly.
            The nature of Diamond Wisdom
            Excludes even a speck of dust.
            From Thus we have heard,”
            To This I believe,”
            All's but an array
            Of unreal names.

            - Layman Pang (740-808)

            Daily Zen

            My Homepage

            My Yahoo Groups

            Light Of Consciousness

            The Village Beat Poets

            "Standing on the bare ground-my head bathed by the blithe air and uplifted into infinite space-all mean egotism vanishes. I become a transparent eyeball; I am nothing; I see all; the currents of the Universal Being circulate through me; I am part or parcel of God. The name of the nearest friend sounds then foreign and accidental; to be brothers, to be acquaintances, master or servant, is then a trifle and a disturbance. I am the lover un-contained and immortal beauty. In the wilderness, I find something more dear and connate than in streets or villages. In the tranquil landscape, and especially in the distant line of the horizon, man beholds somewhat as his own Nature.
            ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

            May All Beings Be Happy, Healthy, And Free From Suffering.

            May All Beings Live In Absolute Peace And Harmony.

            A Lotus For You! A Buddha To Be.

            Wishing You Blessings Beyond Imagination,

            Jeremiah ^..^

          • Jeremy Huber
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 1, 2003
              Happy in the morning
              I open my cottage door;
              A clear breeze blowing
              Comes straight in.
              The first sun
              Lights the leafy trees;
              The shadows it casts
              Are crystal clear.
              Serene,
              In accord with my heart,
              Everything merges
              In one harmony.
              Gain and loss
              Are not my concern;
              This way is enough
              To the end of my days.

              - Wen-siang (1210-1280)

              ~*~May You Receive Blessings Beyond Imagination~*~

              The Light Of God Surrounds You
              The Love Of God Enfolds You
              The Power Of God Protects You and
              The Presence Of God Watches Over You
              Wherever You Are, God IS
              And ALL IS Good And Well
              Thank You Father Mother God!

              My Yahoo Profile:
              http://profiles.yahoo.com/TheOriginalDharmaBum

              My Authors Den:
              http://www.AuthorsDen.com/TobieElias

              My Yahoo Groups:

              Light Of Consciousness
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Light_Of_Consciousness

              The Village Beat Poets
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Village_Beat_Poets

            • OklahomaCowPoke@aol.com
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 3, 2003

                Enlightenment is like the
                moon reflected on the water.
                The moon does not get wet,
                nor is the water broken.
                Although its light is wide and great,
                the moon is reflected even
                in a puddle an inch wide.
                The whole moon and the entire sky
                are reflected in dewdrops on the grass,
                or even in one drop of water.
                - Dogen (1200-1253)

                My Home Page:
                http://www.AuthorsDen.com/JeremyRobertHuber

                My Yahoo Profile:
                http://profiles.yahoo.com/JeremyRobertHuber

                My Yahoo Groups:

                Light Of Consciousness
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Light_Of_Consciousness

                The Village Beat Poets
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Village_Beat_Poets

                MAY LIGHT AND LOVE AND POWER RESTORE THE PLAN ON EARTH

              • OklahomaCowPoke@aol.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 8, 2003

                  Of one thing it is said
                  “that is bad”
                  and of another it is said
                  “that is good.”
                  But there is nothing
                  inherent in things
                  that make them good
                  or bad, for each thing’s
                  self is empty of
                  independent existence.

                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 10, 2003

                    Perfect and clear by nature
                    Is the Bodhi ocean;
                    Pure and faultless,
                    Bodhi is in essence wonderful.
                    Its fundamental brightness shone,
                    So by chance creating
                    An object which then
                    Obscured its radiant nature.
                    Thus in delusion there
                    Appeared one-sided emptiness
                    In which an imaginary world
                    Arbitrarily was built.
                    Steadying itself,
                    The thinking process made the continents
                    While the illusory knower
                    Became a living being.

                    - Manjusri’s Gatha

                  • MrJeremyRHuber@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 27, 2003

                      Upon the clatter of a broken tile
                      All I had learned was at once forgotten.
                      Amending my nature is needless;
                      Pursuing the tasks of everyday life
                      I walk along the ancient path.
                      I am not disheartened in the mindless void.
                      Wherever I go I leave no footprint,
                      Walking without color or sound.

                      - Chikan Zenji

                      Authors Den
                      http://www.authorsden.com/JeremyRobertHuber

                      Jeremy Robert Huber

                      http://profiles.yahoo.com/JeremyRobertHuber

                      The Village Beat Poets

                      Light Of Consciousness
                      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Light_Of_Consciousness

                      " They call him Splendid
                         he eats here regularly quarter to nine
                         they found him amongst old bibles when he was a babe
                         in a dumpster on the corner of Main and Fifth
                         `tis said that an angel of god put `em there
                         and prayed for illumination and a sportscar.

                         I once had the pleasure of his company
                         we drank, fought and scrambled for a peek at the girlie show
                         and he just laughed and said it's all a dream
                         don't ya know by now this world ain't real
                         it's just love gone awry at the seams."

                         ~Exerpt From "Love Gone Awry At The Seams"
                           Copyright 2003 Jeremy Robert Huber

                    • MrJeremyRHuber@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 2, 2003

                        The shadow of the bamboo
                        Sweeps the stair
                        All night long.
                        Yet not a mote of dust is stirred.
                        The moon beams penetrate
                        To the bottom of the pool,
                        Yet in the water not a trace is left.

                        - Chikan Zenji

                        Authors Den

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003

                          I enjoy my lifelong path
                          Between misty vines and rocky caves
                          In the wilds there's room to spare
                          And time to accompany clouds
                          This road doesn't reach the world
                          Only the mindless can climb
                          I sit alone nights on a couch of stone
                          While the round moon comes up Cold Mountain
                          ~Han-shan

                          "I had nothing to offer anybody but my own confusion."
                          ~Jack Kerouac

                          Authors Website:
                          http://www.AuthorsDen.com/JeremyRobertHuber

                          Authors Poetry E-Group:

                        • MrJeremyRHuber@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003

                            If you think that you
                            Have cut off Illusory mind,
                            Instead of simply clarifying how
                            That mind arises and departs,
                            Illusory mind will come up again,
                            As though you had cut
                            The stem of a blade of grass
                            And left the root alive.

                            - Menzan Zuiho (1682-1769)

                            Forward From Daily Zen
                            http://www.DailyZen.com

                            "I had nothing to offer anybody but my own confusion."
                            ~Jack Kerouac

                            My Authors Website:
                            http://www.AuthorsDen.com/JeremyRobertHuber

                            My Yahoo Groups:

                            The Village Beat Poets
                            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Village_Beat_Poets

                            Still Pond Zen
                            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Still_Pond_Zen

                                                                                Refuge Prayer

                            by Thich Nhat-Hanh

                            At the foot of the Bodhi tree, beautifully seated, peaceful and smiling,
                            the living source of understanding and compassion, to the Buddha I go for refuge.

                            The path of mindful living, leading to healing, joy, and enlightenment,
                            the way of peace, to the Dhamma I go for refuge.

                            The loving and supportive community of practice, realizing harmony, awareness, and liberation, to the Sangha I go for refuge.

                            I am aware that the Three Gems are within my heart.

                            I vow to realize them.

                            I vow to practice mindful breathing and smiling, looking deeply into things.

                            I vow to understand living beings and their suffering, to cultivate compassion and loving kindness, and to practice joy and equanimity.

                            I vow to offer joy to one person in the morning and to help relieve the grief of one person in the afternoon.

                            I vow to live simply and sanely, content with just a few possessions, and to keep my body healthy.

                            I vow to let go of all worry and anxiety in order to be light and free.

                            I am aware that I owe so much to my parents, teachers, friends and all beings.

                            I vow to be worthy of their trust, to practice wholeheartedly, so that understanding and compassion will flower, and I can help living beings be free from their suffering.

                            May the Buddha, the Dhamma, and the Sangha support my efforts.

                          • MrJeremyRHuber@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 4, 2003

                              Whenever a thought occurs,
                              Be aware of it.
                              As soon as you are aware of it,
                              The attachment to it will lessen.
                              If you remain for a long enough
                              Period less caught on objects,
                              You will naturally become unified.
                              This is the essential art of zazen.
                              ~Dogen (1200-1253)

                              Forward From Daily Zen
                              http://www.DailyZen.com

                              "Without seeking the Mind, there is no birth; without grasping the Mind, there is no death... - " ~Pei Hsiu, 857
                              (Recalling his Master Huang-Bei Tuan-Chis Teachings)

                              My Authors Website:
                              http://www.AuthorsDen.com/JeremyRobertHuber

                              My Yahoo Groups:

                              The Village Beat Poets
                              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Village_Beat_Poets

                              Still Pond Zen
                              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Still_Pond_Zen

                            • nachi
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 4, 2003
                                Message
                                Dear Brother Jeremy,

                                I am rather late to reply back but I as much happy as anyone else on this group to know about the improvement and the good news about your wifes health. When good things happen in good peoples lives the beauty of love shines and warms heart. When Love triumphs over pain, worries...it gives us hope to love life more..to take more chances.

                                Wishing Both of You a Wonderful Time Ahead Full of Love, Harmony, Peace & Health,

                                With Much Love,

                                Nachi.

                                P. S. Loved Your message. Loved the picture of Buddha.
                                "Without seeking the Mind, there is no birth; without grasping the Mind, there is no death... - " ~Pei Hsiu, 857
                                (Recalling his Master Huang-Bei Tuan-Chis Teachings)

                                My Authors Website:
                                http://www.AuthorsDen.com/JeremyRobertHuber

                                My Yahoo Groups:

                                The Village Beat Poets