Rob Brezsny's Astrology Newsletter

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 3, 2009
      Ever since a dear friend introduced me to this site I have to say without one moment of hesitation that this, as far as astrological messages/e-lists go, has been the most accurate on what is already going on in my life. Sometimes affirmations, sometimes a heads up before treading into an area I am uncertain of and everything inbetween. Enjoy! :)

      Rob Brezsny's Astrology Newsletter

      March 4, 2009

      +

      http://FreeWillAstrology.com

      +

      "If you have ice cream, I will give it to you. If you have no ice cream, I will take it from you."

      - Rishi Suzuki (He calls this the ice cream koan)

      THE POSSIBLE REWARDS OF PRONOIA: You will be able to claim the rewards promised you at the beginning of time -- not just any old beauty, wisdom, goodness, love, freedom, and justice, but rather exhilarating beauty that incites you to be true to yourself; crazy wisdom that immunizes you against the temptation to believe your ideals are ultimate
      truths; outrageous goodness that inspires you to experiment with irrepressible empathy; generous freedom that keeps you alert for opportunities to share your wealth; insurrectionary love that endlessly transforms you; and a lust for justice that's leavened with a knack for comedy, keeping you honest as you work humbly to liberate everyone in the world from ignorance and suffering.

      MORE PRONOIA RESOURCES:

      START THE PRONOIAC REVOLUTION IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS
      British Teach Children Empathy, Happiness, and Critical Thinking
      http://tinyurl.com/9b6679

      EVEN BIG CORPORATIONS ARE CAPABLE OF PRONOIA
      Bank of America agrees to stop financing companies that mine coal by stripping the tops of mountains.
      http://tinyurl.com/6n6fy4

      CONTEMPLATIVE ECSTACY
      Support Group for Ecstatic Buddhists and Other Bliss-Seeking Contemplatives
      http://tinyurl.com/3l74o4

      (Note: I endorse these because I like them. They are not advertisements, and I get no kickbacks.)

      Please tell me your own personal nominations for PRONOIA RESOURCES.

      To buy my book,
      *PRONOIA IS THE ANTIDOTE FOR PARANOIA:
      How the Whole World Is Conspiring to Shower You with Blessings*

      go here: http://tinyurl.com/qaj62

      or here: http://tinyurl.com/3dsx6q

      FREE WILL ASTROLOGY
      Week beginning March 5
      Copyright 2009 by Rob Brezsny
      http://FreeWillAstrology.com
      Grammar key: Asterisks equal *italics*

      PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20): "The biggest human temptation is to settle for too little," wrote the spiritual activist Thomas Merton. Judging from your current astrological omens, I suspect that's a warning you should heed. The time has come for you to consider the possibility that you aren't thinking big enough . . . that you need to actively rebel against the voices telling you to sit back and accept your comfortable limitations. In a sense, the cosmos is giving you a poetic license to ask for more.

      ARIES (March 21-April 19): "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste," said Rahm Emanuel, President Obama's chief of staff. "It's an opportunity to do things that you think you could not do before." While your crisis is nowhere near as pressing as those faced by Obama's team, Aries, I recommend that you adopt a similar attitude in the coming days.
      Just assume that any breakdowns you experience will allow you to make breakthroughs that were previously impossible. Take advantage of a spiritual emergency to accomplish a spiritual emergence. As you deal with a scary trial, use it as an impetus to find a sacred trail.

      TAURUS (April 20-May 20): Your key theme for the week is "Healthy Obsessions." Not "Melodramatic Compulsions" or "Exhausting Crazes" or "Manias That Make You Seem Interesting to Casual Bystanders," but "Healthy Obsessions." To carry out your assignment in the right way, you will have to take really good care of yourself as you concentrate extravagantly on tasks that fill you with zeal. This may require you to rebel against the influences of role models, both in your actual life and in the movies you've seen, who act as if getting sick and imbalanced is an integral part of being true to one's genius.

      GEMINI (May 21-June 20): The closest modern relative of the Tyrannosaurus rex may be the chicken, says geneticist John Asara. He came to this conclusion after studying traces of tissue from a 68-million-year-old bone of the king of dinosaurs. I invite you to draw inspiration from this theory, Gemini. Try the following thought experiment. Envision a
      couple of monstrous influences from your past -- big bad meanies who hurt you or scared you. Imagine they were like Tyrannosaurus rexes back then. Close your eyes and see their faces glaring from the beast's skull. But then imagine that in the intervening months and years they have devolved and shrunk. Picture them now as clucking chickens pecking at
      seeds in the dirt. Can you see their faces at the top of their bobbing, feathery bodies?

      CANCER (June 21-July 22): Scientists and fundamentalist Christians don't share much common ground, but one thing most of them agree on devoutly: There's no such thing as reincarnation. Now I'm pleased to be able to offer you the chance to rebel against their dogmatic delusion. You see, Cancerian, it's an excellent time to try out the hypothesis that you have lived many times before and will live many times again. For one week, act as if it were true, and see how it changes the way you feel, think, and act. What if everything you do has repercussions forever?

      LEO (July 23-Aug. 22): This horoscope presents three clues for you to work with. Here's the first: I know a psychotherapist's son who, while growing up, rarely received the benefits of his father's psychological expertise. "The shoemaker's child has no shoes," my friend says. Here's your second clue: In the Bible's book of Mark, Jesus declares, "A prophet
      is not without honor, except in his own country, and among his own relatives, and in his own house." The third clue: A neurologist of my acquaintance suffers from migraine headaches that he has been unable to cure. Now, Leo, I invite you to meditate on how these alienations may reflect situations that you're experiencing. If they sound familiar, take action. It's prime time to heal them.

      LISTEN TO AN EXPANDED HOROSCOPE

      In addition to the horoscopes that come to you in this newsletter, I create more in-depth audio horoscopes for your inspiration. I think of them as my love letters to you. They're $6 if you access them on the Web, or $1.99 per minute over the phone.

      Try them at http://RealAstrology.com.

      They're available by phone at 1-877-873-4888 or 1-900-950-7700.

      "Your audio horoscopes help me love myself better, and I mean that in a non-narcissistic way."
      -Deva P., Indianapolis

      "I'm really grateful for the way you pick up my telepathic requests and answer them in your expanded audio 'scopes."
      -Marion H., Birmingham, AL

      VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): One reason I've been put on this earth is to expose you to a kind of astrology that doesn't crush your free will, but instead clarifies your choices. In this horoscope, for instance, I'll crisply delineate your options so that you may decide upon a bold course of action that's most in tune with your highest values. Study the following
      multiple-choice query, then briskly flex your freedom of choice. Would you rather have love: 1. knock the wind out of one of your illusions, thereby exposing the truth about what you really want; 2. not exactly kick you in the butt, but more like pinch and spank you there, inspiring you to revise your ideas about what it means to be close to someone; 3. spin you
      around in dizzying yet oddly pleasurable circles, shaking up your notions about how to keep intimacy both interestingly unpredictable and soothingly stable.

      LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): Cartoonist Gary Larson defines luposlipaphobia as the fear of being pursued by timber wolves around a kitchen table while wearing socks on a newly-waxed floor. According to my reading of the astrological omens, there is a real danger you could fall victim to that deluded phobia. And it is definitely a delusion. No timber wolves will be in your immediate future. If you hope to avoid this mistaken anxiety, as well as other equally irrelevant and unproductive superstitions, you should have a nice long talk with yourself as soon as you finish reading this. Be very clear and strict and rational as you explain how important it is to be very clear and strict and rational right now.

      SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): Maybe you shouldn't mend your supposedly "evil" ways if your "evil" ways are about to mutate into a fascinating new approach to goodness. Maybe the very quality that has threatened to cause your downfall has now become the key to your upgrade. And maybe the thing that has made you most nervous about yourself about
      yourself will soon start ripening into a beautiful asset that will activate reserves of life energy you didn't know you could have at your disposal.

      SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): Sagittarian Jakob Dylan has created a solid musical career for himself. He's a bit defensive, however, about the possibility that the fame of his father, Bob Dylan, has played a role in his success. His contracts specify that he should never be called "Bob Dylan's son." I understand his longing to have his work be judged on its own merits, and I sympathize with his urge to be independent of his heritage. But in the coming weeks, Sagittarius, I advise just the opposite approach for you. You will place yourself in alignment with cosmic rhythms by expansively acknowledging all of the influences that have helped you become the person you want to be.

      CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): Throx.com sells you socks in threes, so if you lose one you have an extra to take its place. Their ingenious marketing plan resembles the approach of some romance-addicts I know, who always date two or three people just in case they get dumped by one of them. No bouts of loneliness to worry about! Which brings us to my
      main advice for you this week, Capricorn: Have a back-up plan. Keep an alternative handy. Make sure you won't run out of the stuff you really need.

      AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): My Chevy got stolen in San Francisco on a January night some years ago. The thief broke a window and smashed his way into the steering column with a tire iron to get to the ignition wires. Eventually the cops recovered the car and returned it to me. But no repair shop could ever completely fix the transmission, and though the car sort of worked for another 18 months, I was never able to shift it into reverse again. Driving a vehicle that only moved forward presented problems that required creative solutions. It was an apt metaphor for my life at the time, when I found it impossible to go backward in any way. I suspect it will also be one of your operative metaphors in the coming months, Aquarius.

      HOMEWORK: Write a fairy tale or parable that captures what your life has been like so far in 2009. Share with me by going to http://FreeWillAstrology.com and clicking on "Email Rob."

      WANT TO GET YOUR CHART DONE?

      I'm not doing personal charts, but I highly recommend my astrological colleague, RO LOUGHRAN. Her approach closely matches my own. In our many discussions about astrology over the years, we've had a major influence on each other's work.

      Ro utilizes a blend of well-trained intuition, emotional warmth, and a high degree of technical proficiency in horoscope interpretation; she is skilled at exploring the mysteries of your life's purpose and nurturing your connection with your own inner wisdom.

      Ro is based in California, but can do phone consultations and otherwise work with you regardless of geographic boundaries.

      Ro's website is at
      http://YourSoulJourney.com

      She can also be reached at roloughran@...

      NEED TO CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS?

      To join or leave the email list for this newsletter, or to change the address where you receive it, go to: http://www.freewillastrology.com/newsletter/

      Once you do join, check all the below points to make sure you'll actually receive the newsletter:

      1. Add my address, televisionary@..., to your address book so that the newsletter won't be treated as spam and filtered out.

      2. Adjust your spam filter so it doesn't treat my address as a source of spam.

      3. Tell your company's IT group to allow my address to pass through any filtering software they may have set up.

      4. If my newsletters don't reach your inbox, look in your "Bulk Mail" or "Junk Mail" folder.

      5. The problems may not have to do with anything you do, but may originate with your email provider. It may be using a "content filter" that prevents my newsletter from ever reaching you at all. If you suspect that's the case, complain. Tell your email provider to stop blocking my newsletter from reaching you.

      P.S. I totally respect your privacy. I'll never sell or give away your address to anyone.

      Submissions sent to the Free Will Astrology Weekly Newsletter or in response to "homework assignments" may be published in a variety of formats at Rob Brezsny's discretion, including but not limited to newsletters, books, the Free Will Astrology column, and Free Will Astrology website. We reserve the right to edit such submissions for length, style, and content. Requests for anonymity will be honored with submissions; otherwise, reader names, screen names, or initials will be used. Please be sure to note your preference when sending to us. We are not responsible for unsolicited submission of any creative material.

      Contents of the Free Will Astrology Newsletter are Copyright
      2009 Rob Brezsny

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 16, 2009
        Rob Brezsny's Astrology Newsletter

        June 17, 2009

        +

        http://FreeWillAstrology.com

        +

        EXPLORE THE BIG PICTURE OF YOUR LIFE with my MID-YEAR PREVIEW of YOUR DESTINY for the REST of 2009

        http://RealAstrology.com

        This week my Expanded Audio Horoscopes explore themes that I think will be important for you during the next six months.

        What areas of your life are likely to receive unexpected assistance and divine inspiration?

        Where are you likely to find most success?

        How can you best cooperate with the cosmic rhythms?

        What questions should you be asking?

        Tune in.

        To listen to my IN-DEPTH, LONG-TERM AUDIO FORECAST for YOUR LIFE during the next six months, go here: http://RealAstrology.com

        Or for phone access, call:
        1-877-873-4888

        The Expanded Audio horoscopes cost $6 apiece if you access them on the Web (discounts are available for multiple purchases), or $1.99 per minute if you want them over the phone.

        "The most beautiful thing in the world is conflicting interests when both are good." -- Robert Frost

        MORE PRONOIA RESOURCES:

        HOW TO THRIVE WHEN THE OFFICIAL STORY SAYS YOU CAN'T
        Free Fruit Tastes Better: The Underground Fruit Economy
        http://tinyurl.com/nagdaq

        FOR PRONOIA'S SAKE, FALL IN LOVE WITH A MYSTERY
        The Truth Is Out There, and the Nation's Maddest Scientists Are After It
        http://tinyurl.com/chwhpg

        DARE TO BE YOURSELF
        *Ignore Everybody: and 39 Other Keys to Creativity*
        by Hugh MacLeod
        http://tinyurl.com/m74k9k

        (Note: I endorse these because I like them. They are not advertisements, and I get no kickbacks.)

        Please tell me your own personal nominations for PRONOIA RESOURCES.

        To buy my book,
        *PRONOIA IS THE ANTIDOTE FOR PARANOIA:
        How the Whole World Is Conspiring to Shower You with Blessings*

        go here: http://tinyurl.com/qaj62

        or here: http://tinyurl.com/3dsx6q

        FREE WILL ASTROLOGY
        Week beginning June 18
        Copyright 2009 by Rob Brezsny
        http://FreeWillAstrology.com
        Grammar key: Asterisks equal *italics*

        GEMINI (May 21-June 20): The books of psychologist Carl Jung provide crucial insights into the nature of the unconscious mind. To the degree that I have any skill in deciphering the part of human intelligence that works in mysterious, secretive ways, I owe a great debt to him. I want to tell you an anecdote about him that may be useful. Once, as an adult, Jung took a break from work to go strolling on a beach. While meandering, he was overcome with a spontaneous impulse to build things as he did when he was a kid. He gathered some stones and sticks and used them to construct a miniature scene, including a church. As he finished, he was visited by a flood of novel intuitions about his life. He concluded that his childlike play had called forth these revelations from his unconscious mind. I suggest you try a similar tack, Gemini: To access important information that your deep mind has been sequestering, go play a while.

        CANCER (June 21-July 22): We ask that you not divulge the climax of the epic story to anyone -- at least until you've let it sink in for a while and felt all the reverberations it has unleashed. After that, you'll be wise to speak about it only with skilled listeners and empathetic allies who can help you harvest the meaning of all the clues that were packed inside your adventures. One further counsel: Before you reach the absolute, final
        denouement of the drama, there may be a tricky turn that looks a lot like the ending.

        LEO (July 23-Aug. 22): You have cosmic permission (even encouragement) to live on the edge for the next 28 days as long as you follow these guidelines: 1. Don't live on the edge to impress anyone; do it because you love it, or else don't do it. 2. Don't complain and worry about it. Enjoy it completely. 3. Don't expect anyone else to join you on the edge. If they choose to do so with enthusiasm, fine. But don't manipulate them. 4. Don't imitate the way other people live on the edge. Establish your own unique style. 5. Don't live on the edge for more than 28 days. Much longer than that and you'll start sabotaging the benefits.

        VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): In 1968, psychedelic rock band Iron Butterfly released its landmark 17-minute song, "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida." Cable TV network VH1 later named it as the 24th greatest hard rock tune in history. There are different stories about the origins of the title, but all agree on one point: It was originally "In the Garden of Eden." It became
        "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" through some fluke, probably caused by the lead singer getting intoxicated and garbling the words as he performed it in the recording studio. This would be an excellent week for you to induce and capitalize on creative mistakes like that, Virgo. I hope you do, because it'll help you get into the right frame of mind to stir up a mix of
        excellence and improvisation everywhere you go -- and that formula practically guarantees success.

        WHAT'S TO COME?

        BRAINSTORM ABOUT THE BIG PICTURE OF YOUR LIFE

        with my Expanded Audio Horoscopes for the Second Half of 2009:

        http://RealAstrology.com

        What will be the story of your life during the rest of 2009? How can you exert your free will to create the adventures that'll bring out the best in you, even as you find graceful ways to cooperate with the tides of destiny?

        If you'd like a boost of inspiration to fuel you in your quest for beauty and truth and love and justice and meaning, tune in to my meditations on your long-term outlook.

        Go here:

        http://RealAstrology.com

        Or for phone access, call: 1-877-873-4888

        LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): Do you apologize to chairs when you bump into them? Often end up being the only one at a party who'll talk to the most boring person? Ever find yourself starting your sentences with "I hope I'm not bothering you but I was wondering if you would mind if I . . . "? If so, this is a good time to make a shift. That's why I suggest you add some bite to your demeanor. Do what feels interesting at least as often as what's polite. Look for what advances the plot as much as what fosters harmony. The point is not to go overboard, of course. You don't want to fling insults or arouse friction. Add fire to your presentation, but don't start conflagrations.

        SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): Evaluating Adam Lambert after one of his exotic, virtuoso performances back in April, American Idol judge Kara DioGuardi praised him as being "confusing, shocking, sleazy, and superb." That's a standard you could soon achieve in your own sphere, Scorpio. But do you want to? You'll have to care less about maintaining your dignity than usual, and be especially forthright in expressing yourself. Let me leave no doubt about what I'm saying: To be as superb as you potentially can be, you'll have to be at least a little confusing and shocking and maybe even sleazy.

        SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): Metaphorically speaking, Sagittarius, you have unearthed or are about to unearth a rare fossil. I think it's a pretty sensational discovery. It's a missing link that could help you make sense out of episodes in your past that have always mystified or frustrated you. I urge you to learn all you can about this fossil. Follow every lead it points to. And ask your intuition to run wild and free as it dreams up possible
        interpretations to its multiple meanings.

        CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): Maybe it's time you did something in return for all the free advice I give you. From a karmic perspective it might not be healthy for you to continue to take, take, take while never giving back. So this week, for a change, how about if you compose an oracle for me? Or send me a nice present -- nothing big or expensive, just
        a thoughtful token. JUST KIDDING! The truth is, I don't care if you ever express your appreciation. You give me a momentous gift simply by caring enough to read my words. Being able to speak with you so intimately has made me a better and smarter person. Now I suggest you do what I just did: Acknowledge how much the receivers of your gifts do for you.

        EXPLORE THE BIG PICTURE OF YOUR LIFE

        with my Expanded Audio Horoscopes for the Second Half of 2009:

        http://RealAstrology.com

        What hidden factors will be massaging your destiny during the next six months? Could you use some hints about how to prepare for the adventures awaiting you during the rest of 2009?

        To listen to my IN-DEPTH, LONG-TERM AUDIO FORECAST for YOUR LIFE during the next six months, go here:

        http://RealAstrology.com

        Or for phone access, call: 1-877-873-4888

        AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): "I guess I just prefer to see the dark side of things," says actress and comedian Janeane Garofalo. "The glass is always half empty. And cracked. And I just cut my lip on it. And chipped a tooth." As witty as that thought may be, I don't recommend you make it your approach in the coming days. My analysis of the omens suggests that reality will be especially malleable. Even more than usual, it will tend to take the shape of your expectations. So please, Aquarius, try hard to see the lovely, graceful, unbroken glass as half-full of a delicious, healthy drink.

        PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20): I feel an expansive, permissive mood coming on -- in the cosmos, that is, not me. To be honest, I'm in a more conservative mood than the cosmos. But the planetary powers-that-be have decided to float you poetic licenses, blank checks, special dispensations, and wild cards. I just hope this free stuff won't make you forget about the finely-crafted containers and boundaries you've been working on lately. Maybe I'd feel better if you promised me to keep on doing the careful, conscientious things that seem to have earned you all the good fortune that's on its way.

        ARIES (March 21-April 19): Are you secretly afraid of feeling secure? Do you equate stability with being bored and lazy? Do you suspect that your restless pioneer spirit makes you unfit for the slow, meticulous work of building sturdy foundations? If so, there's hope for you to change -- especially if you make a big effort in the coming weeks. The moment is
        ripe for you to learn more about the arts of energizing comfort and stimulating calm and exciting peace. To jumpstart the process, go get a massage. As you're being stroked by nurturing hands, brainstorm about the additions and adjustments you'd like to make in your five-year master plan.

        TAURUS (April 20-May 20): Your education is about to take a curious and interesting turn. During the coming weeks, I expect that you'll upgrade your street smarts and explore a whole new meaning for the term "hands-on experience." You'll find out about an area of ignorance that was so deep and dark you didn't even know about it, and you'll take aggressive steps to get it the teaching it needs. Congratulations in advance for being
        brave enough to open your mind so wide, Taurus. I'm glad you'll be hunting for a fresh set of questions.

        HOMEWORK: Imagine it's three months in the future, and write a brief essay on "What I Did This Summer to Improve My World." Share by going to http://FreeWillAstrology.com and clicking on "Email Rob."

        To join the email list for this newsletter go to: http://www.freewillastrology.com/newsletter/

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 7 1:08 PM
          Rob Brezsny's Astrology Newsletter

          July 8, 2009

          +

          http://FreeWillAstrology.com

          +

          "At this point in history, the most radical, pervasive, and earth-shaking transformation would occur simply if everybody truly evolved to a mature, rational, and responsible ego, capable of freely participating in the open exchange of mutual self-esteem. Then, there would be a real New Age."

          -Ken Wilber

          Expanded Audio Horoscopes for the Second Half of 2009 are still available. These are long-term forecasts that preview the next six months.

          They're at http://RealAstrology.com

          MORE PRONOIA RESOURCES:

          YOUR BODY IS MADE OF STUFF THAT CAN COMMUNICATE TELEPATHICALLY
          Does DNA have telepathic properties?
          http://tinyurl.com/cfoa6c

          IMAGINE YOUR OWN MAGICAL OBJECT
          A list of magical objects from the world's myths, from Freyja's Falcon Cloak, which allows you to turn into a falcon and fly, to Tezcatlipoca's Smoking Mirror, with which he could see the entire universe.http://tinyurl.com/ramgzy

          CELEBRATE THE MYSTERIES
          The Truth Is Out There, and the Maddest Scientists Are After It
          http://tinyurl.com/chwhpg

          (Note: I endorse these because I like them. They are not advertisements, and I get no kickbacks.)

          Please tell me your own personal nominations for PRONOIA RESOURCES.

          FREE WILL ASTROLOGY
          Week beginning July 9
          Copyright 2009 by Rob Brezsny
          http://FreeWillAstrology.com
          Grammar key: Asterisks equal *italics*

          CANCER (June 21-July 22): I believe that when you chatter carelessly about a big change that's in the works, you're in danger of draining it of some of its potency. So I don't want to trumpet or gossip about the gift that's on its way to you. I'll just mention that it's coming, and urge you to prepare a clean, well-lit place for it to land. Here's a hint: It could, among
          other things, help you convert one of your vulnerabilities into a strength or inspire you to start transforming an area of ignorance into a future source of brilliance.

          LEO (July 23-Aug. 22): At the farmer's market, an escape artist performed in the middle of the street. As a crowd gawked, he had two big strong men tie him up tight in a straitjacket and 50 feet of chain. For the next 20 minutes he shimmied and contorted and bent over backwards. His face grew red and sweaty. There were no Houdini-like magic tricks. There were no puffs of smoke or magic boxes or mirrors or distracting assistants. He rarely spoke as the ordeal progressed, but in the end, after the last of the chains slipped off and he wrestled his way out of the straitjacket, he said simply, "Now I invite all of you to go home and use what I just did as a metaphor for your life." It was a supremely sexy performance, and I realized maybe it would help you with your current situation.

          VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): Your concentration for dicey assignments, like conquering fear and adversity, is sharp. And I bet you'll summon a lot of stamina and resourcefulness if you're pressed to solve a crucial riddle during a turning point in your own personal hero's journey. On the other hand, humdrum details have the potential to flummox you, especially if they involve tasks you're not even that interested in or committed to. The moral of the story: Banish absent-mindedness by keeping yourself focused on only the most riveting challenges.

          LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): The sky will not start falling. But something resembling heavenly tokens may cascade down with such frequency that you'll be wise to keep looking up a lot. You never know when another piece of the blessed puzzle will come raining down. And it would be a shame to suffer the embarrassment of having your favorable fortune knock you over. Who'd have ever guessed that a shower of good news would be such a tricky trial?

          SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): How well are you capitalizing on this year's unique opportunities, Scorpio? Since we're midway through 2009, let's take an inventory. I hope that by now you have at least begun building the power spot or energy source that will serve as your foundation for the coming years. So much the better if it's more than halfway finished and will be ready for full use by the end of summer or early fall. Remember my promises: Life has been and will continue to be conspiring to get you settled in your ideal home base, supercharge your relationships with your closest allies, and connect you with the resources that will fuel your long-term quest.

          SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): In the Middle Ages, people became adults when they turned seven years old. These days, the threshold is much later. I'm happy about that. In my view, the longer you can hold on to your playful irreverence and innocent lust for life, the better. Still, there is value in taking on the kinds of responsibilities that help you express yourself with grace and power. So I don't mean to rush you, but it might be time to take a step towards being on the verge of tiptoeing to the brink of preparing to accept more adulthood into your heart. You could make the process less harrowing by hanging out with those rare wise guys and wise girrrls who've survived the transition to greater maturity and a higher degree of professionalism with their youthful flair more or less intact.

          WHAT'S TO COME?

          BRAINSTORM ABOUT THE BIG PICTURE OF YOUR LIFE

          with my Expanded Audio Horoscopes for the Second Half of 2009:

          http://RealAstrology.com

          What will be the story of your life during the rest of 2009? How can you exert your free will to create the adventures that'll bring out the best in you, even as you find graceful ways to cooperate with the tides of destiny?

          If you'd like a high-octane boost of inspiration to fuel you in your quest for beauty and truth and love and justice and meaning, tune in to my meditations on your long-term outlook.

          Go here:

          http://RealAstrology.com

          Log in and click on the link
          "Long Term Forecast for Second Half of 2009"

          You can also listen to your short-term forecast for the coming week by clicking on "This week (July 7, 2009)."

          CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): I don't care what you feel this week, as long as you don't feel nothing. Get inflamed with hunger or justice or sadness or beauty or love, but don't submit to apathy. Don't let yourself be shunted into numbness. You can't afford to be cut off from the source of your secret self, even if it means having to feel like hell for a while. And
          the odd thing is that if you're willing to go through hell, you won't have to go through hell. So to hell with your poker face and neutrality and dispassionate stance. Be a wild thing, not a mild thing.

          AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): *The Iliad* is an ancient Greek epic poem that describes events near the end of the Trojan War. Most modern critics regard it as a foundation stone of Western literature. In my opinion, though, it's mostly just a gruesome tale of macho haters who are inflamed with pride, treat women like property, and can't stop killing each
          other. I share the perspective of poet Diane di Prima, who once had a dream in which *The Iliad* was cast as gangsta rap. Now please adopt the style of our critique for use in your own life, Aquarius. What supposedly noble or important situation is actually pretty trivial or clichéd? It's time for you to tell the truth about the hype.

          PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20): "May you live in interesting times." That old toast is actually a droll curse meant to be heaped upon an enemy. "Interesting" implies rapid change, rampant uncertainty, and constant adjustment. What's preferable is to live during a boring era when stability reigns. Or so the argument goes. But I reject that line of thought. I
          celebrate the fact that we're embroiled in interesting times. I proclaim our struggles to navigate the sharp turns and uphill climbs to be a jubilee of the first degree. What fantastic luck it is to be on the planet when everything mutates! May we be up to the task of bringing heaven down to earth. May we be worthy of the trust the universe is placing in us. Now
          get out there, Pisces, and enjoy the hell out of the epic and entertaining drama we're stewarding. This is your time to be a leader and a luminary.

          ARIES (March 21-April 19): Miracle of miracles: A pointless pain in the butt will soon stop bugging you. Meanwhile, an annoying itch in your heart is subsiding, and may even disappear. As a result of these happy developments, you will be able to concentrate on a much more interesting and provocative torment that has been waiting impatiently for your loving attention. Actually, it's an ancient torment dressed up in a new package. But as before, it's a torment you've never had the right name for. That's about to change, however. You're finally ready to find the right name for it, and when you do, you'll be halfway toward a permanent cure.

          TAURUS (April 20-May 20): When he was growing up, the father of basketball superstar Pat Riley forced him to play basketball with kids who were stronger and tougher than he was. He said it forged his son into a winner. I can see the principle at work, but it doesn't come naturally to me. In my efforts to provide you with the parenting you missed as a kid,
          I've always preferred a gentler, more nurturing approach. Nevertheless, the time has come to override my personal desires for the sake of your character-building needs. I recommend that you force yourself to play with grown-up kids who're stronger and tougher than you.

          GEMINI (May 21-June 20): I wouldn't get too agitated about the supposed "writing on the wall" if I were you. The handwriting is not God's, for God's sake. It's not even that of a wise elder or young genius. So don't attribute too much authority to it, please. It's just the opinion of someone who doesn't know any more about the ultimate truth than you do. So I
          suggest you cover it up with black spray paint and then carefully inscribe your own version of the writing on the wall. Reality is especially malleable right now, so the most forcefully expressed prophecy will probably come true.

          HOMEWORK: Write a parable or fairy tale about what your life has been like so far in 2009. Go to http://FreeWillAstrology.com and click on "Email Rob."

          WANT TO GET YOUR CHART DONE?

          I'm not doing personal charts, but I highly recommend my astrological colleague, RO LOUGHRAN. Her approach closely matches my own. In our many discussions about astrology over the years, we've had a major influence on each other's work.

          Ro utilizes a blend of well-trained intuition, emotional warmth, and a high degree of technical proficiency in horoscope interpretation; she is skilled at exploring the mysteries of your life's purpose and nurturing your connection with your own inner wisdom.

          Ro is based in California, but can do phone consultations and otherwise work with you regardless of geographic boundaries.

          Ro's website is at
          http://YourSoulJourney.com

          She can also be reached at roloughran@...

          NEED TO CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS?

          To join the email list for this newsletter where you receive it, go to:

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 21 4:42 PM
            Rob Brezsny's Astrology Newsletter

            July 22, 2009

            +

            http://FreeWillAstrology.com

            +

            "Native Americans, Aboriginal Australians, Taoists, Zen Buddhists, Tantric meditators, and mystics everywhere do not think of the Dreaming world as an 'un'-conscious. For these peoples, the sentient Dreaming world is the basic reality. Though marginalized and invisible to mainstream cultures today, Dreamtime has been the essential reality for people from the beginning of time."
            -Arnold Mindell

            "Do not think you will necessarily be aware of your own enlightenment."
            –Dogen

            Dear Readers,

            In the coming weeks, you might notice that my book *PRONOIA Is the Antidote for Paranoia: How the Whole World Is Conspiring to Shower You with Blessings* is getting harder to find in bookstores. That's because it's going out of print as I prepare to release the revised and expanded version of the book on September 21.

            I'll be talking more about this in the coming weeks. For now, I suggest you hold off on buying the first edition and save your money for the new release.

            As you can imagine, I'm excited about the second edition. It's 92 pages longer and has a wealth of new stuff.

            Rob

            Expanded Audio Horoscopes for the Second Half of 2009 are still available. These are long-term forecasts that preview the next six months. They're at http://RealAstrology.com

            MORE PRONOIA RESOURCES:

            PRONOIA IS HEALTHY FOR YOU
            Igniting inspiration (and how cynicism blocks evolution)
            http://tinyurl.com/nnxclq

            PRONOIA IS THE OPPOSITE OF BOREDOM
            15 unusual and creative buildings
            http://tinyurl.com/mmp9p2

            PRONOIA IS INTENSELY PRACTICAL
            The neuroscience of compassion, love, and forgiveness
            http://tinyurl.com/mh5c4d

            (Note: I endorse these because I like them. They are not advertisements, and I get no kickbacks.)

            Please tell me your own personal nominations for PRONOIA RESOURCES.

            FREE WILL ASTROLOGY
            Week beginning July 23
            Copyright 2009 by Rob Brezsny
            http://FreeWillAstrology.com
            Grammar key: Asterisks equal *italics*

            LEO (July 23-Aug. 22): Did life feel meaningless last week? Was your destiny a random sequence of events shepherding you to a series of different nowheres? Even worse, were you convinced that human beings are toxic scum? If so, Leo, get ready for your mood to shift drastically. The whims of fate are mutating. Soon, a source of curses may be a fount
            of blessings. Enticing leads will rise up out of the midst of boredom. Human beings will fascinate and teach you, and every day will bring new signs to draw you deeper into delicious mysteries.

            VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): You're hereby relieved of your responsibility to keep everyone's illusions afloat. (You might want to sink your own illusions, as well.) Consider yourself armed with Ernest Hemingway's "built-in, shock-resistant bulls--- detector." Beginning immediately, be an elegant but in-your-face Reality Check. Don't just tell the truth. Tell the
            lush, pulsating, up-to-the-minute truth. And be aware that even the dry facts may be evolving pretty fast. What seems like incontrovertible evidence today may be puny propaganda tomorrow.

            LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): I usually applaud your inclination to remain above the fray and churn out astute observations. I normally honor your instinct to distance yourself from petty partisan squabbles. But this week's different. For the foreseeable future, I'd like it very much if you dive into the pit with the other diehards and fight with hardnosed audacity for what you believe is the beautiful truth. At least temporarily, Libra, forget about your graceful talent for tactful compromise. I think it's time for you to be a warrior who's ferociously devoted to a just cause.

            SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): In behalf of all the other signs, I'd like to express our gratitude for the jumpstarts you Scorpios give us. The jolts aren't always bliss-inducing, true, but in retrospect we often say, "Thanks, I really needed that." We also appreciate the debates you embroil us in. They force us to take stands on issues we've been wishy-washy about. Our gratitude also goes out to you for those times you help us lose our excessive self-importance. It's hard to cling to our pretensions with you around, and it's easier to get to the root of the truth. Keep up the good work. Continue to be your warm prickly self even in the face of protests from faint hearts. Know that at least some of your fans out here respect the way you push us and trick us and inspire us to go places we don't even realize we'll benefit from going.

            SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): During his time in hiding, the Biblical prophet Elijah was kept alive by ravens who brought him food. John the Baptist survived on nothing but honey and locusts when he was roaming the wilderness. And I'm sure that some unexpected source of comfort and sustenance will likewise turn up during your wanderings, Sagittarius. It may not be what you're used to. You might even have to cultivate a taste for nourishment that seems foreign. But stick with it. You could learn to love it, and in the process become less dependent on stuff you thought you couldn't do without.

            CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): Burn the Book of Love you've been using these past few years, Capricorn, even if you just do it metaphorically. Don't think of the incineration as censorship. Think of it as liberating yourself from the tyranny of fables that have programmed you to accept less love than you deserve and give less love than you have to give. Imagine that you're ready for a riper approach to the knotty riddles of the heart. And when you're done with the burning, go in search of a brand new Book of Love. Better yet, write that holy text yourself. A good title might be "Love Doesn't Conquer All, But Sixty Percent Isn't Bad." A bad title would be "Love Doesn't Suck."

            EXPLORE THE BIG PICTURE OF YOUR LIFE
            with my Expanded Audio Horoscopes for the Second Half of 2009

            To hear my IN-DEPTH, LONG-TERM AUDIO FORECAST for YOUR LIFE between now and January 2010, go here: http://RealAstrology.com

            Log in through the main page, and then click on the link "Long Term Forecast for Second Half of 2009."

            You can also listen to your short-term forecast for the coming week by clicking on "This week (July 21, 2009)."

            AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): You should closely monitor your environment for beguiling appearances of the number seven. I have reason to believe that seven may be involved in your current inconveniences and dilemmas. I theorize that seven has been trying to call
            attention to itself in an odd or irritating manner so as to get you to tune in to certain benefits that could be associated with the number seven -- benefits you've been overlooking. I would even go so far as to speculate that seven may be both the cause of and the cure for your itch. Be especially alert for sevens that are in the vicinity of the color green or the letter "G." Perk up your intuition anytime seven appears in advertisements, boxes of food, tattoos, or t-shirts.

            PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20): Don't concern yourself with praying to the gods of luck and chance. I'll take care of that for you. Your job is to solicit the favor of the gods of diligence and discipline. Why? Because I think you've got a lot of good work ahead of you -- work that will take ingenious attention to detail -- and you're going to need the extra boost those gods can provide. Of course, their help won't be enough. You will also have to draw on extra reserves of your willpower in order to express new heights of determination and persistence. Together, you and those no-nonsense deities will be an unbeatable team. The better you organize yourself, the more they will help you get organized. The stronger you
            push to make your efforts crisp and efficient, the easier they'll make it for you to do just that.

            ARIES (March 21-April 19): Storm chasers are people who love traveling around the continent in pursuit of wild weather. Nothing feeds their lust for life more than getting up close and personal with a tornado or supercell thunderstorm. Many of them are meteorologists who are curious about the way storms work; they're not motivated solely by bravado. I mention this because, according to my astrological analysis, the coming weeks will be prime time for Aries storm chasers to load up on thrills. The immediate future should also bring excellent opportunities for other Rams who are yearning for breezy adventures that will captivate their imaginations and slake their sense of wonder.

            TAURUS (April 20-May 20): Let's say that you lost a treasured object a while back. What do you think the odds are that you'll find it this week? Or let's say that a bewildering companion walked out of your life many moons ago. How much do you want to bet that your paths will cross again soon? According to my reading of the omens, events like these
            could be common between now and August 15. That's because the past is cycling back to you for another look. Revival and resurrection are in the air. What has been old may become new again. Are you ready to experience something resembling time travel?

            GEMINI (May 21-June 20): The seductive torments of insatiable desires are leaving you in peace, at least for now. That means you're free to concentrate on the easier gratification of more satiable desires. I hope you're open to that, Gemini; I hope you haven't fallen for the illusion that hard-to-get pleasures are deeper and finer. Please believe me when I tell you that you're ready to exult and bask in the simple joys.

            CANCER (June 21-July 22): The coming week may be one big Ethical Test for you. Maybe today the cashier at the cafe will accidentally give you $10 too much in change. Tomorrow you could be baited with a chance to gain personal advantage by betraying a friend. The next day you may have to decide between doing the right thing and doing the kind thing. It
            has been a long time since your integrity has been pushed and probed and pricked like this. As you wend your way through the gray areas, Cancerian, remember that sometimes being moral is not about saying no, but saying yes. In fact, one of the most high-minded acts you could make is to open your heart to a righteous temptation.

            HOMEWORK: In what part of your life are you doing less than your best? Testify by going to http://FreeWillAstrology.com and clicking on "Email Rob."

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 28 2:16 PM
              Rob Brezsny's Astrology Newsletter

              July 29, 2009

              +

              http://FreeWillAstrology.com

              +

              Dear Readers,

              The newsletter you're now perusing has over 37,000 subscribers. Thanks for your support! I'm honored that you've chosen to make Free Will Astrology one of your weekly appointments.

              As the audience for the newsletter has grown, I've had to work harder to ensure that it gets to you. Some of your email servers have become so aggressive about filtering sp*am that they block good stuff that's not sp*am -- like my weekly missives. Words like "fr*ee" and "bl*iss," which I've been known to use, can single-handedly trigger a filter at some ISPs.
              When that happens, my messages may not reach you.

              In recent weeks, my fight to work around this problem has had to become even more intense. Some email servers, including optonline.net, charter.net, mindspring.net, and comcast.net, have been particularly intransigent. And last week, gmail.com sent out notices to many of my gmail subscribers that my newsletter "may not be from whom it claims to be"! That was a low blow.

              What to do? First, you can be proactive and whitelist the address from which I send the newsletter, which is televisionary@.... Second, if my newsletters end up in your junk/trash/quarantine folders -- or stop coming altogether -- complain to your email servers. Ask them why my newsletters are being blocked and tell them you want to know how the
              situation can be corrected.

              Meanwhile, I'll obsessively comb over each newsletter before I send it out, making sure it doesn't have too many sp*am-triggering references like "jubi*lee," "liber*ation," "exuber*ance," and "dog*ma-smash*ing brill*iance."

              Rowdy blessings,

              Rob

              "The central feature of the human situation is the existence of the unconscious, the existence of a reality of which we are unconscious. In Freud's words, 'The unconscious is the true psychic reality; in its inner nature it is just as much unknown to us as the reality of the external world, and it is just as imperfectly communicated to us by the data of
              consciousness as is the external world by the reports of our sense-organs."
              - N. O. Brown

              MORE PRONOIA RESOURCES:

              GATHERING PLACE FOR PRONOIAC DATA
              Beauty and Truth Lab researcher Darin Wilson has created a website that archives all the pronoia resources I identify here.
              http://pronoiaresources.com

              BENEVOLENT PRANKS
              Clowns Trick the KKK
              http://tinyurl.com/26q7x5

              MAKING ORDINARY THINGS SING AND DANCE
              Creative use of shopping carts
              http://tinyurl.com/knslnu

              PRONOIA WORSHIPS THE MYSTERIES
              13 things that don't make sense
              http://tinyurl.com/clfvzk

              (Note: I endorse these because I like them. They are not advertisements, and I get no kickbacks.)

              Please tell me your own personal nominations for PRONOIA RESOURCES.

              FREE WILL ASTROLOGY
              Week beginning July 30
              Copyright 2009 by Rob Brezsny
              http://FreeWillAstrology.com
              Grammar key: Asterisks equal *italics*

              LEO (July 23-Aug. 22): Would you like to spend the next 30 years working your assets off to make your bosses rich? If not, I suggest you start formulating Plan B immediately. The astrological time is not exactly ripe to extricate yourself from the wicked game, but it's ripe to begin scheming and dreaming about how to extricate yourself. Here's a tip to get you in the mood. Assume that there's some validity in the meme that mythologist Joseph Campbell articulated: "Follow your bliss and the money will come." Then ask yourself, "Do I even know what my bliss is? Not my mild joy or diversionary fun but my unadulterated bliss?" Once you know that, you can follow it. And then, inevitably -- although it may take a while -- the money will follow.

              VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): As the season of riddles and paradoxes kicks into high gear, I present you with a two-part quiz. Question 1: Since it has taken you your whole life to become the person you are today, is it reasonable to expect that you can transform yourself in a flash? Question 2: On the other hand, since you are more creative than you give yourself credit for, and are also in an astrological phase when your ability to change is greater than usual, is it reasonable to assume that you must remain utterly stuck in your old ways of doing things?

              LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): So much to say and do. So little time. Is it OK if I pepper you with pithy hints? It's the only way to fit everything in. Here goes. There's strength in numbers, Libra. So travel in packs. Round up support and whip up group fervor. Always say "we," not "I." Add at least one new friend and bolster at least one old friendship. Think before you act, but always act instead of watching from afar. Avoid doing stupid things in smart ways. To court good luck, do charity work. To ensure that extra favors will come your way later this year, do extra favors now.

              SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): The Biblical book of Isaiah prophesies a future time of undreamed-of harmony and cooperation. "The wolf will romp with the lamb," reads one translation. "Cow and bear will graze in the same pasture, their calves and cubs will grow up together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox." I have it on good astrological authority that you're now eligible for a mini-preview of this paradisiacal state. To receive your free introductory offer, you need only meet one condition. You must vow not to harm any living thing -- not even a cockroach. Not even the person you love best.

              SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): You Sagittarians are famous for filling your cups too full. Sometimes this is cute. Sometimes it's a problem for those who don't like Cabernet Sauvignon sloshed on their handwoven Persian rugs. This week, however, I predict there will be little or no hell to pay for overflowing. So go ahead and transcend your containers, you beautiful exaggerators. Feel free to express yourself like a fire hose. Now enjoy a few gems from your fellow Sagittarius, the extravagant poet and painter William Blake. 1. "The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom." 2. "Exuberance is beauty." 3. "The lust of the goat is the bounty of God." 4. "You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough."

              CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): Constant vigilance, my friend. That's what I advise. Be attentive to details you sometimes gloss over. Wake up a little earlier and prepare for each encounter with greater forethought. Stare a little harder into the hearts of all those whose hidden motivations might detour your destiny. Monitor all communications for hints that all is not as it seems. Most importantly, guard against the possibility that you may be overlooking a gift or blessing that's being offered to you in an indirect way.

              LISTEN TO AN EXPANDED HOROSCOPE

              Besides all the free stuff, I also offer in-depth audio horoscopes that cost a little money. Find out more at http://RealAstrology.com.

              The audio horoscopes are also available by phone at 1-877-873-4888 or 1-900-950-7700.

              "The best part about your audio horoscopes is that they pat me on the head and kick me in the ass at the same time." - Rita L., San Diego

              "Your audio oracles go beyond helping me find the truth -- they inspire me to find the WILD truth." - Patrick K., Montreal

              AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): "Keep exploring what it takes to be the opposite of who you are," suggests psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, author of the book *Creativity: Flow and the Psychology of Discovery and Invention.* This advice is one of his ideas about how to get into attunement with the Tao, also known as being in the zone or getting in the groove or being aligned with the great cosmic flow. How would you go about being the opposite of who you are, Aquarius? According to my reading of the omens, that will be an excellent question for you to muse about in the coming weeks. As you stretch yourself to embody the secret and previously unknown parts of you, I think you'll be pleased with how
              much more thoroughly that allows you to be in sync with the rhythms of life.

              PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20): Internet addiction has risen to epidemic proportions in China. In early 2009, psychologists in Shandong province began offering an alleged cure that involved the use of electro-shock therapy. Parents of 3,000 young people paid Dr. Yang Yongxin and his team over $800 a month to hook their anesthetized teens up to machines that sent electricity through their brains to induce artificial seizures. After four months, the Chinese government intervened and halted the treatment, noting that there was no evidence it worked. This practice might sound comically barbaric to you, but I think it has a certain
              resemblance to the way you have been dealing with your own flaws and excesses: with inordinate force. In the coming weeks, I really think it's important not to punish yourself for any reason, Pisces, even if it's in a supposedly good cause. The lesson of the Chinese experiment is: not only is it overkill, it also doesn't even have the desired effect.

              ARIES (March 21-April 19): Are you a gelatinous pool of longing yet? Are you a perfumed garden of madly blooming purple explosions? Are you throbbing and gooey and half-nauseous with that delicious sickness some people called love? If not, I don't know what to tell you. By all astrological reckoning your gut should be swarming with drunk butterflies and the clouds should be taking on the shapes of mating horses. If you're not half-
              drowning in these symptoms, I implore you to find a way to pry open the floodgates.

              TAURUS (April 20-May 20): You're primed to cancel a jinx in the coming days, Taurus. You could help someone (maybe even yourself) escape a bewitchment, and you might be able to soothe a wound that has been festering for a long time. In fact, I'm playing with the fantasy that you are now the living embodiment of a lucky charm. At no other time in recent memory have you had so much power to reverse the effects of perverse karma, bad habits, and just plain negative vibes. Your hands and eyes are charged with good medicine. Other parts of you are, too, which means sexual healing could be in the works. But as you embark on your mission to cure everyone you love, remember the first law of the soul doctor: "Physician, heal thyself."

              GEMINI (May 21-June 20): The Norwegians used to have a concept called *svoermere,* which meant something sweetly futile or deliciously unprofitable. While I can see the appeal that your particular version of *svoermere* has had for you, Gemini, I think it's time to think about moving on. According to my reading of the omens, you have both a right and a duty to seek out more constructive pleasures that not only make you feel good but also serve your long-term goals.

              CANCER (June 21-July 22): It's Freedom from Want Week! For Cancerians only! During this uncanny grace period, you might actually feel perfectly contented. It's quite possible that you'll be free from the obsession to acquire more security, more love, more proof of your greatness, more chotchkes, more everything. You may even make the shocking discovery that you don't need nearly as much as you thought you did in order to be
              happy; that maybe you have a lot to learn about getting more out of what you already have.

              HOMEWORK: Is there something about you that's too tame? If so, do you think it's time to untame yourself? Go to http://FreeWillAstrology.com and click on "Email Rob."

[...]

            • Skye Coe
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 12, 2009
                Freewill Astrology

                Aloha Kakou. . . not sure if I forwarded this or if was received by lovingpurelove group.  If a double, my apologies. . . always interesting. . . Aloha Pumahana  )'(  Skye

                 Rob Brezsny's Astrology Newsletter

                August 12, 2009
                http://FreeWillAstrology..com

                "You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change
                something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
                -R. Buckminster Fuller

                MORE PRONOIA RESOURCES

                FREAKY PRAISE
                The Surrealist Compliment Generator
                http://tinyurl.com/cw8d4

                BENEVOLENT TWEAKS
                Constructive Pranks
                http://theyesmenfixtheworld.com

                SMART TRICKS
                Humans harness bacteria
                http://tinyurl.com/mu9jtx

                GATHERING PLACE FOR PRONOIAC DATA
                An archive of all the pronoia resources I identify here.
                http://pronoiaresources.com

                (Note: I endorse these because I like them. They are not advertisements,
                and I get no kickbacks.)

                Please tell me your own personal nominations for PRONOIA RESOURCES.

                FREE WILL ASTROLOGY
                Week beginning August 13
                Copyright 2009 by Rob Brezsny
                http://FreeWillAstrology.com
                Grammar key: Asterisks equal *italics*

                LEO (July 23-Aug. 22): The monsoon rains have not blessed eastern India
                with their usual downpours this year. In response, frustrated farmers have
                resorted to a radical ritual: asking their unmarried daughters to get naked
                and plow the fields. They believe that this will embarrass the weather
                gods into acting correctly. In general, I approve of being creative in
                making appeals to deities, but I recommend that you use a different
                approach. Rather than shaming them into providing you with more love
                and mojo, try flattering them. As if you were celebrating Halloween early,
                go around impersonating a god or goddess who is overflowing with love
                and mojo.

                VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): Two annoyances that had been bugging you
                before your exile have been neutralized. But you've still got at least one
                more to go, so don't relax yet. In fact, I think you should redouble your
                vigilance. Check expiration dates on your poetic licenses and pet theories.
                Scrub the muck from your aura, even if your friends seem to find it
                "interesting." And learn to read your own mind better so you can track
                down any disabling thoughts that might still be lurking in remote corners.

                LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): Your upcoming adventures will probably make
                no sense -- unless you redefine what constitutes "sense." If you do that,
                your adventures could make absolutely lucid sense in a backward, upside-
                down way that will rejuvenate you sexually, spiritually, and emotionally.
                Here's another approach to understanding the point I'm trying to make:
                The epic drama you're about to begin may yield no apparent lesson and
                provide no practical guidance -- unless you empty your mind and give up
                hope for extracting specific lessons and guidance -- in which case you will
                be flooded with wise insights.

                SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): What tricks have you employed to outwit
                your fears in the past? Remember them. Review them. Next, think about
                the people who have inspired you to be more courageous than you
                imagined were capable of. If you take these two actions, you will prepare
                yourself well for the week ahead. I'm not saying that the things you're
                scared of will be any bigger or badder than usual. But I want you to know
                that you now have the potential to gain a robust new power over them.

                SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): You are currently getting more miles per
                gallon and more bang for the buck than you have in a long time. Your IQ is
                creeping higher. Your knack for scoring good parking places is at a peak.
                I'll even go so far as to say that it's been quite a while since you've been
                teased by such thoroughly useful temptations. And get this, Sagittarius: I
                suspect that you have an enhanced instinct for taking smart risks. The
                only downside of all this good news is that you may not know your own
                strength. That means you should test it fast; find out more about its
                potential. Otherwise, you might break someone's heart by accident, or
                prematurely shatter the illusions of a person who's not yet ready to stop
                living in fantasyland.

                CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): I wouldn't be surprised if your whole life
                passed instantly before your eyes one day soon. Not because you'll come
                close to literal physical death or anything dangerous at all, but rather
                because you will have a brush with a magic power that could be yours in
                the future -- a magic power that will be possible for you to fully own only
                if you cut the umbilicus that links you to a dying source. Wow. Did I really
                say that in a fun little astrology column? And are you really prepared to
                change your life because of something you read in a fun little astrology
                column? I hope so. In the coming weeks, it'll be the fun little things that
                have the greatest potential to align you more closely with your soul's
                code.

                LISTEN TO AN EXPANDED HOROSCOPE

                In addition to the horoscopes that you're reading here, I create more in-
                depth audio horoscopes for your inspiration. Find out more at
                http://RealAstrology.com.

                The audio horoscopes are also available by phone at 1-877-873-4888 or
                1-900-950-7700.

                "The best part about your audio horoscopes is that they pat me on the
                head and kick me in the ass at the same time." - Rita L., San Diego

                "Your audio oracles go beyond helping me find the truth -- they inspire
                me to find the WILD truth." - Patrick K., Montreal

                AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): In the days ahead, you may not realize what
                you're looking for until you find it. I advise you, therefore, to put into
                action the following five-point plan. 1) Suppress any know-it-all
                tendencies you might have. 2) Revive your childhood talent for being
                voraciously curious about everything. 3) Ask more questions than you've
                ever asked before. 4) Figure out how to be receptive without being
                passive, and how you can be humble without muffling your self-
                confidence. 5) Consider the possibility that you have a lot to learn about
                what's best for you.

                PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20): I've borrowed a fable from the ancient Greek
                writer Aesop to create a parable you can use in the coming weeks. Once
                upon a time there was a very thirsty crow.. Rain hadn't fallen in a long
                time, and the creek from which she'd always drunk had dried up.
                Searching and searching for a bit of moisture, the crow finally happened
                upon a tree under which sat a ceramic pitcher with some water in it. But
                the pitcher's neck was narrow, and the crow couldn't fit her beak past it
                to reach the water. Inspired by desperation, the crow at last got an idea.
                Why not drop small rocks into the pitcher, making the water's level rise?
                And that's exactly what she did. How sweet it was when at last she
                quenched her thirst.

                ARIES (March 21-April 19): I started producing some good work within ten
                years of launching my writing career, but I didn't hit my stride until the
                18th year. From what I hear, many other skills require a long training
                period as well. According to an Aikido adept I know, for example, a
                practitioner may require 30 years to master the moves and spirit of that
                martial art. And as for the ability to carry on a successful intimate
                relationship: It usually takes a lifetime. I hope this line of thinking helps
                you get a more practical perspective on the specific prowess you're
                trying to develop, Aries. Keep in mind that it probably wouldn't be worth
                learning if you could become a wizard in a flash. There's no rush. Give
                yourself credit for how far you've come already.

                TAURUS (April 20-May 20): Talk to yourself more and better. Not just
                with streams of chatter that meander aimlessly. Not with darts of self-
                deprecation mixed in with grandiose fantasies. No, Taurus. When I urge
                you to talk to yourself more and better, I mean that you should address
                your self with focused tenderness. I mean that you should be driven by
                the bold intention to lift up your mood, praise your skills, shower
                blessings on your vulnerabilities, and love yourself down to the core. You
                will attract cosmic assistance if you do this playful work. You will bathe
                your subconscious intelligence with healing luminosity.

                GEMINI (May 21-June 20): I climbed the endless steps to the sanctuary,
                brushing off large spiders that kept landing on me. I stood in the rain for
                hours waiting for the gates to open. The guardian of the threshold
                wouldn't let me in until I answered his tricky and sometimes insulting
                questions. Through it all, I maintained my patience and poise and
                reverence. At no time did I give in to the temptation to curse the
                difficulties. And when I finally entered, when I got my chance to penetrate
                to the heart of the rose petal-strewn labyrinth, my persistence was
                rewarded. As I knelt there in amused awe, face to face with the sacred
                jokester, I got a useful answer to the most important question in my life.
                Would you like a comparable experience, Gemini? It's possible in the
                coming week.

                CANCER (June 21-July 22): Visionary philosopher Buckminster Fuller said
                that "Pollution is nothing but resources we're not harvesting." If that's
                true, Cancerian, you've got a lot of resources available to you right now,
                although they will have to be converted from their smoggy and effluvial
                state. So for example, if you're a songwriter, the noxious emotions
                floating around could be raw material for a sparkling tune. If you're a
                lover, the peculiar vibes you're dealing with could inspire you to prevent a
                dumb pattern from repeating itself.

                HOMEWORK: Do what you must do in order to break a bad habit that's
                sapping your vitality. Report results by going to
[...]

                You received this email because you subscribed to "Rob Brezsnys Astrology Newsletter"

                Unsubscribe:
                https://member.ezezine.com/sub.ez?e=756_2.17849.57443
                Subscriber settings:
                https://member.ezezine.com/sub.ez?c=756_2.17849.57443
                Report abuse:
                https://member.ezezine.com/abuse.ez?e=756_2.17849.57443

                HEART OF MAUI / HEALING THRU HEART

                Crystal & Minerals Tumbled/Specimen * Chakra Balancing Sets * Crystal Elixirs

                 Pendulums * Taffeta Jewelry Saques * Karuna Art Chakra, Goddess,

                Children's, World Peace Prayer Flags and much More.

                 Connect with us www.HeartofMaui.com or www.HealingthruHeart.net

                info@... or info@...

                 1-808-280-3682   We'd love to hear from you!

                 MAHALO NUI LOA!

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 16, 2010
                  Rob Brezsny's Astrology Newsletter

                  February 17, 2010

                  +

                  Main website: http://FreeWillAstrology.com
                  Expanded Audio Horoscopes: http://RealAstrology.com
                  Facebook fan page: http://bit.ly/8qoqVG
                  Sign up for the RSS feed: http://bit.ly/615CND
                  Read the long-term forecasts for 2010: http://bit.ly/BigLife
                  Rob's Podcasts & Videos: http://bit.ly/HearSee
                  Sign up for daily astrological text messages: http://RealAstrology.com

                  +

                  "You have at least a million relatives as close as tenth cousin, and no one
                  on Earth is any further removed than your fiftieth cousin. Murchie also
                  describes our kinship through an analysis of how deeply we share the air.
                  With each breath, you take into your body 10 sextillion atoms, and --
                  owing to the wind's ceaseless circulation -- over a year's time you have
                  intimate relations with oxygen molecules exhaled by every person alive, as
                  well as by everyone who ever lived."
                  -Guy Murchie, *The Seven Mysteries of Life*

                  The revised and expanded version of my book *PRONOIA IS THE
                  ANTIDOTE FOR PARANOIA* is available at Amazon: http://bit.ly/Pronoia

                  Below is an excerpt. To read the whole text, go here:
                  http://bit.ly/PronoiaNetwork

                  PRONOIA NEWS NETWORK, VOLUME 1

                  You read and hear and see the relentless assault of bad news every day.
                  Would you like to expose yourself to the rest of the story? Would you like
                  to steep yourself in the glorious stories of the human race that the
                  mainstream news are allergic to?

                  Here are some of the top stories we're following:

                  - Current human life expectancy, already at age 78 for Americans, is
                  steadily increasing.

                  - Crime in the U.S. is at its lowest level since it was first officially tracked.

                  - A Canadian moose can now walk in peace and safety all the way to
                  South America.

                  - The world's largest private bank, Citigroup, agreed to stop financing
                  projects that damage sensitive ecosystems.

                  - You have at least a million relatives as close as tenth cousin, and no one
                  on Earth is any further removed than your fiftieth cousin.

                  - The juvenile crime rate has plummeted to its lowest levels since 1979.
                  Violent crime committed by teenagers is 40 percent lower than it was in
                  1994.

                  - With every dawn, when first light penetrates the sea, many seahorse
                  colonies perform a dance to the sun.

                  For full reports on the above stories, as well as more pronoiac news, tune
                  in to the Pronoia News Network:
                  http://bit.ly/PronoiaNetwork

                  And here's how the report looks in the book, with all the pretty pictures
                  and layout:
                  http://bit.ly/PronoiaNews1

                  MORE PRONOIA RESOURCES:

                  THE EVIDENCE KEEPS GROWING
                  Check out a compendium of all the pronoiac resources gathered in this
                  newsletter over the past months.
                  http://pronoiaresources.com

                  NO, PEOPLE ARE NOT ACTUALLY MORE INTERESTED IN BAD NEWS THAN
                  GOOD NEWS
                  What kind of information travels fastest? Do people prefer to spread good
                  news or bad news? Would we rather scandalize or enlighten? SURPRISE:
                  People prefer e-mailing articles with positive rather than negative themes,
                  and they liked to send long articles on intellectually challenging topics
                  that inspire awe.
                  http://tinyurl.com/y9azmnm

                  NATURE'S PRONOIAC REVENGE
                  Some forests are growing back
                  http://tinyurl.com/yavjsze

                  EVEN THE ANIMALS ARE CONSPIRING TO SHOWER US WITH BLESSINGS
                  Top 5 Animal Super-Hero Stories
                  http://tinyurl.com/yb2g9ng

                  (Note: I endorse these because I like them. They are not advertisements,
                  and I get no kickbacks.)

                  Please tell me your own personal nominations for PRONOIA RESOURCES.

                  FREE WILL ASTROLOGY
                  Week beginning February 18
                  Copyright 2010 by Rob Brezsny
                  http://FreeWillAstrology.com
                  Grammar key: Asterisks equal *italics*

                  PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20): Historians trace the origin of Poland as a
                  nation to the year 966. It mostly thrived for hundreds of years, but was
                  extinguished in 1795, when three imperialistic invaders -- Russia, Prussia,
                  and Austria -- claimed different parts of it as their own. Throughout the
                  19th century, when there was no Poland, the Poles fought to restore self-
                  rule. Their dream came true on November 11, 1918, when Poland once
                  again became an independent nation. I regard the phase you're now in,
                  Pisces, as having certain similarities to the state of the Polish people in
                  October 1918. Congratulations in advance for the imminent return of
                  your sovereignty.

                  ARIES (March 21-April 19): I personally don't believe we're living in the
                  worst of times, although I know many people who do. While there are
                  indeed reasons to despair, our current state of affairs is actually in many
                  ways quite glorious. And our struggles are puny compared to those of the
                  generation that lived through the two World Wars and the Great
                  Depression
                  . Having said that, I think it's fine to believe that civilization is
                  in a terrible mess if it motivates you to shed all your trivial distractions
                  and inessential wishes so as to dedicate yourself to living an exciting,
                  generous life that's rich with love and meaning. Now is a prime time for
                  you, Aries, to dedicate yourself to such a path.

                  TAURUS (April 20-May 20): Throughout 2010, you're most likely to be
                  consistently in the right place at the right time if you cultivate an amused
                  skepticism toward what's in vogue. In fact, I suspect that only one trend
                  will be of any use to you at all. You heard me correctly, Taurus: Of all the
                  fashionable obsessions that may tempt you, just one will be in sweet
                  alignment with your authentic needs. And guess what? Right now happens
                  to be the perfect moment to get hooked up with it.

                  GEMINI (May 21-June 20): When I was lead vocalist in the band Tao
                  Chemical, I sang a tune whose chorus went as follows: "I want the truth /
                  the whole truth / nothing but the truth / I want the truth / Don't beat
                  around the bush." Shortly after we started performing the song, my
                  girlfriend broke up with me. And she felt free -- given what I proclaimed in
                  those lyrics -- to share with me every excruciating detail about her new
                  relationship. It was painful, and I felt tempted to forswear the song and
                  never utter those brave words again. But I was ultimately glad I didn't
                  weaken. To this day, I prefer knowing the full facts. Now I'm
                  recommending to you, Gemini, that you pledge yourself to the same
                  intention in the coming weeks. It should be much easier for you than it
                  initially was for me. Most of the truths rushing in will be interesting and
                  enlivening, with just a little angst mixed in.

                  CANCER (June 21-July 22): "Jane Austen was the spinster daughter of a
                  clergyman who led an uneventful life," wrote Geoffrey Wheatcroft in *The
                  Guardian
                  .* "She just happened to write half a dozen flawless
                  masterpieces, which came perfectly formed, not from experience but
                  from imagination." Most of us don't have anything close to the
                  inconceivably potent imagination that Austen possessed. But I believe
                  2010 will be a year when you can access at least a portion of that
                  wondrous capacity. You'll be able to fantasize about vast possibilities in
                  exquisite detail. You will have great skill at smashing your way free of
                  limiting expectations through the power of your expansive vision. And the
                  coming weeks will be a time when it should all kick into high gear.

                  LEO (July 23-Aug. 22): Of all the symbols in the world, the swastika is the
                  most horrendous. As the logo for Hitler's Nazi movement, it will forever
                  smack of evil. But it didn't used to be that way. In many cultures
                  throughout history, from the Greeks to the Hindus to the Native
                  Americans
                  , the swastika was a representation of the sun's path across
                  the sky, and was regarded as highly auspicious, even a good luck charm.
                  Can you think of a more modest equivalent of this phenomenon in your
                  own life, Leo? A formerly wonderful thing that got spoiled somewhere
                  along the way? The coming weeks will be a good time to determine
                  whether you could redeem and rehabilitate it.

                  IF YOU WANT MORE FREE WILL ASTROLOGY,
                  TRY THE EXPANDED AUDIO HOROSCOPES

                  The horoscopes you read in this newsletter may be plenty for your needs.
                  But if you'd like to experience more of my thoughts about your current
                  situation, you might want to try my EXPANDED AUDIO HOROSCOPES.
                  They're 4 to 5 minute meditations on the state of your life and where
                  you're going.

                  Sign in and access them here:
                  http://RealAstrology.com

                  If you like you can get both a reading about the days ahead and a long-
                  term rumination on your destiny in 2010.

                  The weekly forecasts are also available by phone:

                  1-877-873-4888 or 1-900-950-7700.

                  VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): I need a break from watching you work your
                  psyche to the bone. At least for now, I'm not willing to indulge you in
                  your inclination to do your duty so exhaustively that you suffer. And as
                  much as I admire your drive to get things perfect, I cannot in good
                  conscience encourage you to do that, either. It is therefore with a sense
                  of relief that I counsel you to take at least a week off from the behavior I
                  described. Instead, try playful, messy experiments that are in service to
                  your own needs. Be a freewheeling explorer, a wandering improviser.

                  LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): "Whatever gets in the way of the work," wrote
                  poet Jason Shinder, "is the work." His counsel will serve as a good
                  reminder for you if you meet with obstacles in the coming days. If you
                  ever catch yourself thinking, "Damn! I'd be making such good progress if
                  it weren't for these inconvenient complications," consider the possibility
                  that the inconvenient complications aren't distractions, but rather crucial
                  clues; they're not pains in the assets, but medicinal prods that point the
                  way to the *real* opportunities.

                  SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): Have you ever watched the TV show "The
                  Office"? If so, you may remember when Darryl from the warehouse was
                  going out with customer service rep Kelly. "You need to access your
                  uncrazy side," he told her at a turning point in their relationship.
                  "Otherwise, maybe this thing has run its course." I'd like to invite you to
                  do the same, Scorpio: Tap into, draw up to the surface, and abundantly
                  express your uncrazy side. I predict that you will have a whole lot of fun if
                  you do, thereby proving that you don't need to be marinating in chaos
                  and torment in order to experience high adventure.

                  SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): The game you've been enmeshed in has
                  reached a sticking point, or soon will. I recommend that you call for a
                  suspension of action. If that's not possible, hide from the other players
                  for a while, or jokingly tell them you have to excuse yourself because it's
                  time for your regular bout of cleansing escapism. Then, during the break,
                  scour your brain free of clutter so you can gain a more dispassionate view
                  of your own strategy. I also suggest that you seek the advice of a smart
                  and impartial observer. If all goes well, you'll be able to return to the fray
                  refreshed within ten days.

                  CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): Being scrupulously ethical can be taxing
                  and time-consuming. It involves high levels of ongoing self-examination,
                  which many people are too selfish and lazy to bother with. On the upside,
                  pursuing a path with integrity ultimately reduces one's suffering. It also
                  attracts the kind of assistance that is most likely to aid and abet one's
                  quest for liberation. As a bonus, it makes it unlikely that one will be a
                  cockroach in one's next incarnation. I'm bringing this up, Capricorn,
                  because I'm sensing that you're about to be tempted to be less than your
                  best self. Please don't succumb.

                  AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): "The only function of economic forecasting
                  is to make astrology look respectable," said renowned economist John
                  Kenneth Galbraith. If that's true, I'm doubling the damage to my dignity
                  by using astrological analysis to make an economic forecast in this
                  horoscope. But that's OK. My job is to report the raw truth as I see it, not
                  worry about my reputation or social status. And the raw truth as I see it
                  is that you are more likely than all the other signs of the zodiac to
                  prosper in 2010, even if the economy as a whole continues to limp along.
                  The next four weeks will be an ideal time to launch a master plan to take
                  advantage of this potential.

                  HOMEWORK: Comment on this quote from Pierre Teilhard de Chardin:
                  "Plunge into matter. Plunge into God. By means of all created things,
                  without exception, the divine assails us, penetrates us and molds us. We
                  imagine it as distant and inaccessible, whereas in fact, we live steeped in
                  its burning layers." Write me at Truthrooster@....

                  2010 Rob Brezsny

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 2, 2010
                    Rob Brezsny's Astrology Newsletter

                    March 3, 2010

                    +

                    http://FreeWillAstrology.com

                    +

                    Imagine it's 30 years from now. You're looking back at the history of your
                    relationship with desire. There was a certain watershed moment when you
                    clearly saw that some of your desires were mediocre, inferior, and
                    wasteful, while others were pure, righteous, and invigorating. Beginning
                    then, you made it a life goal to purge the former and cultivate the latter.
                    Thereafter, you occasionally wandered down dead ends trying to gratify
                    yearnings that weren't worthy of you, but usually you wielded your
                    passions with discrimination, dedicating them to serve the highest and
                    most interesting good.
                    - *PRONOIA*

                    The revised and expanded version of my book *PRONOIA IS THE
                    ANTIDOTE FOR PARANOIA* is available at Amazon: http://bit.ly/Pronoia

                    and also at Barnes & Noble:
                    http://bit.ly/PronoiaBN

                    +

                    BUY MY BOOK, PLEASE! OR READ IT FOR FREE!

                    Dear Free Will Astrology Community:

                    I've got two favors to ask of you. There's no pressure! If you can't help,
                    it's perfectly fine and I'll still love you.

                    My first favor: Buy the revised and expanded version of my book, *Pronoia
                    Is the Antidote for Paranoia.*

                    Second favor: Write a review of the book (hopefully positive!) on Amazon
                    or Barnes & Noble.

                    Your favors could help me achieve my goal, which is to break even on the
                    book -- make back my manufacturing expenses -- by 2011. Let me tell
                    you a bit more about the business of the book so you can get a feel for
                    what my unique position is.

                    Most writers have a simple deal with their publishing company. The
                    publisher pays to manufacture and distribute the book, and the writer
                    gets a very small royalty, usually from 7 to 10 percent of the profit. Very
                    few writers make much money in this arrangement, but on the other hand
                    they don't go into debt.

                    My relationship with my publisher is very different. I chose to take
                    advantage of a unique arrangement they offer to a few selected writers. I
                    agreed to pay for all the costs upfront, including the manufacture of the
                    books and most of the promotion. In return, I get 74% of the profit from
                    sales.

                    This was a risk, obviously, because it's a long haul to make back the
                    manufacturing expenses, which in the case of PRONOIA, were over
                    $21,000.

                    Creating the book was expensive for me in other ways, as well. Because I
                    wanted to create such a unique layout, I had to engage the services of a
                    professional book designer to help me execute my schemes and dreams. I
                    also paid a graphic artist to assist me in carrying out some of my ideas for
                    the many images that fill the book.

                    In the end, getting the book ready to be sold online and in stores set me
                    back $30,000, which as you can imagine was a huge part of all the money
                    I've saved over the years.

                    I was willing to take the gamble because I regard PRONOIA as a great book
                    that has a very good chance of making back my outlay of money and
                    beyond. Since I get 74% of the profits -- a much higher rate than most
                    writers -- the chances of me eventually earning some money for the book
                    are, I think, excellent.

                    But while sales have been pretty good since the book was released in late
                    September 2009, I've still got a long way to go before hitting the break-
                    even amount.

                    Of course, I'm not asking you to buy the book simply to help me
                    financially. I think that there's a good chance you'll get a lot out of it!

                    And if you can't afford to buy the book, there are ways for you to read a
                    lot of it for free because I've put a good chunk of it online. Here are the
                    links:

                    Links to over 40 pieces from the book: http://bit.ly/BTLab

                    Here are a few more pieces: http://bit.ly/PronoiaExcerpts

                    The complete "Glory in the Highest," a centerpiece of the new version:
                    http://bit.ly/HighGlory

                    And you can peruse 20% of the book on Google Books:
                    http://bit.ly/GooglePronoia

                    MORE PRONOIA RESOURCES:

                    PRONOIA SAYS: THE FUTURE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT
                    Send a love letter to the future
                    http://www.loveletterstothefuture.com/

                    PRONOIA IN THE ANIMAL KINGDDOM
                    The Ethical Dog
                    Altruism, tolerance, forgiveness, reciprocity and fairness, are readily
                    evident in the egalitarian way wolves and coyotes play with one another.
                    http://tinyurl.com/yfthfxo

                    BARBARIC ACT OUTLAWED
                    Uganda Bans Female Circumcision
                    http://tinyurl.com/ykpplyo

                    (Note: I endorse these because I like them. They are not advertisements,
                    and I get no kickbacks.)

                    Please tell me your own personal nominations for PRONOIA RESOURCES.

                    FREE WILL ASTROLOGY
                    Week beginning March 4
                    Copyright 2010 by Rob Brezsny
                    http://FreeWillAstrology.com
                    Grammar key: Asterisks equal *italics*

                    PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20): One of the best new bands of 2009 was the
                    Girls. *Spin* magazine selected their debut CD *Album* as the fifth best
                    album of the year. After touring for months and selling scads of records,
                    the band came back home to San Francisco in February to do a sold-out
                    show at the Great American Music Hall. For his on-stage apparel, lead
                    singer Christopher Owens wore baggy orange flannel pajama bottoms and
                    a rumpled green flannel shirt, proving that his new-found fame had not
                    rendered him self-important or excessively dignified. I nominate Owens as
                    your role model this week, Pisces. I'd like to see you move on up toward
                    the next level in your chosen field of endeavor, even as you remain
                    perfectly comfortable, full of casual grace, and at home in your
                    excellence.

                    ARIES (March 21-April 19): To place yourself in smooth alignment with
                    planetary rhythms, do conscientious work on the foundations of your life.
                    Take extra care of the people who take care of you. Make sure you have a
                    good supply of the various resources that keep you strong and steady.
                    Check to see if maybe you need to rev up your emotional connection with
                    the traditions you hold dear. But that's only half your horoscope, Aries.
                    Here's the rest: Invite your most rambunctious playmates over for a
                    raucous home-blessing ceremony.

                    TAURUS (April 20-May 20): Two-thirds of people surveyed said they
                    would rather look good than feel good. I hope you're not one of them.
                    The ironic fact of the matter is that if you put the emphasis on looking
                    good in the coming week -- creating favorable impressions, acting
                    dishonest in order to curry favor, wearing uncomfortable but attractive
                    clothes -- you will end up feeling sub-par and looking mediocre. On the
                    other hand, if you put the priority on feeling good -- treating your body
                    like a beloved pet, seeking out encounters that nurture your secret self,
                    and hanging out in environments that encourage you to relax -- you will
                    look good and feel good.

                    GEMINI (May 21-June 20): If you're bogged down in the trance of the
                    humdrum routine, astrology can open your mind and illuminate fascinating
                    patterns that have been invisible to you. It can reveal the big picture of
                    your life story, sweeping away the narrow ideas and shrunken
                    expectations you have about yourself. And it can purge your imagination
                    of its endless tape loops, awakening you to the power you have to create
                    your own destiny. But reliance on horoscopes can also have downsides. If
                    you're superstitious, it might make you even more so. If you're prone to
                    be passive, believing that life is something that happens to you, it might
                    further diminish your willpower. That's why, as much as I love astrology,
                    I'm wary of its potential to deceive and lead astray. Is there anything
                    comparable in your world, Gemini? Something that feeds and inspires you,
                    but only if you're discerning about it? This is a good time to ratchet up
                    your discernment.

                    CANCER (June 21-July 22): I don't care whether you call it uncanny
                    intuition or plain old telepathy: In the next three weeks, you will have
                    unusually abundant access to that way of knowing. So please use it.
                    Please call on it. It could steer you away from twisty wastes of time that
                    don't serve your highest good. It might also allow you to ferret out
                    disguised or hiding opportunities. There's one catch: If you don't believe
                    in them, your psychic powers won't work as well as they can. So I suggest
                    you set aside any dogmatic skepticism you might have about them and
                    proceed on the hypothesis that they are very real.

                    LEO (July 23-Aug. 22): Let's poke around to see if we can stir up some
                    good trouble, Leo. The time is right. You're in need of a friendly disruption
                    or two. Fortunately, I'm sensing there's a forbidden temptation that isn't
                    so forbidden any longer . . . as well as a strange attractor you might find
                    inspiring and a volatile teaching that would turn you inside-out in a good
                    way. Are you willing to wander into a previously off-limits area? Hey, look.
                    There's one of those mystery spots I was hinting about. I wonder what
                    would happen if you pressed that green button. Go ahead. Don't be . . .
                    Gaaaahhhhh! Unnhhh! Wha?! I mean WOW! That was *very* interesting.
                    Try it again!

                    MAYBE YOU DON'T NEED MORE, MAYBE YOU DO

                    Factual information and reasonable thinking alone are not sufficient to
                    guide you through life's labyrinthine tests. You need and deserve regular
                    deliveries of uncanny revelation. One of your inalienable rights as a human
                    being should therefore be to receive mysteriously useful omens on a
                    regular basis.

                    In this spirit, I offer you the free weekly horoscopes you read in this
                    newsletter. If you ever want more, and think it's worth paying for, try my
                    daily text message 'scopes or my expanded audio 'scopes.

                    Go here to access them:

                    http://RealAstrology.com

                    VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): You may be prone to overreaction. You could
                    be on the verge of uncorking an excessive response to a modest prompt.
                    On a regular basis, you should ask yourself: "Are the feelings rising up in
                    me truly appropriate for what's happening now? Or are they mostly the
                    eruption of material that I repressed in the past?" I also encourage you to
                    consider Hoare's Law of Large Problems, which says that inside every
                    large problem is a small problem scrambling to get out. Be alert for the
                    possibility that minor adjustments will work better than epic struggles.

                    LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): Temple Grandin is a successful autistic person.
                    Diagnosed at an early age, she nevertheless went on to earn a PhD in
                    Animal Science and became a bestselling author whose work has led to
                    notable improvements in the humane treatment of livestock. Although
                    she acknowledges that her autism has caused her problems, she also
                    believes it gives her abilities that non-autistic people don't have. For
                    example, her extreme sensitivity and extraordinary visual memory are at
                    the root of her unique insights into the needs of animals. If there were an
                    instant cure for her autism, she says, she wouldn't take it. She's an
                    advocate of neurodiversity. Now here's my question for you, Libra: Do
                    you have a supposed weakness or disability that's actually an inherent
                    part of one of your special talents? Celebrate and cultivate it this week.

                    SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): Self-help author Barbara De Angelis wrote a
                    book that offers to help us learn "how to make love all the time." Maybe
                    I'll read it someday, but right now I'm more interested in your take on the
                    subject. How would you make love -- not have sex, but make love -- with
                    your sandwich, with the music you listen to, with a vase of flowers, with
                    the familiar strangers sitting in the cafe, with everything? Your expertise
                    in this art is now at a peak.

                    SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): It's not a good time to treat yourself
                    like a beast of burden or to swamp yourself with dark, heavy thoughts.
                    You're extra sensitive, Sagittarius -- as delicate and impressionable as a
                    young poet in love with a dream of paradise. You need heaping doses of
                    sweetness and unreasonable amounts of fluidic peace, smart listening,
                    and radical empathy. If you can't get people to buoy your spirits and slip
                    you delightful presents, do those things for yourself.

                    CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): In some of the newspapers that publish my
                    horoscope column, my carefully wrought text is buried in the back pages
                    amidst a jabbering hubbub of obscene advertisements for quasi-legal
                    sexual services. For readers with refined sensibilities, that's a problem.
                    They do their best to avert their eyes, narrowing their focus down to a
                    tight window. I think you'll be wise to adopt a similar approach in the
                    coming week, Capricorn. Only a small percentage of information coming
                    your way will be truly useful to you, and it may often be embedded in a
                    sparkly mess of distracting noise. Concentrate hard on getting just the
                    essentials that you want so you won't be misinformed and worn out by
                    the rest.

                    AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): Do your own stunts, Aquarius. Don't
                    commandeer a stunt double to do them for you. Accept blame and claim
                    credit that rightfully belong to you. Don't scare up scapegoats or tolerate
                    plagiarists. It will also be a good idea to deliver your own messages and
                    sing your own songs and kick your own butt. No surrogates or stand-ins,
                    please. There's just no way, you see, for you to get to where you need to
                    go by having a substitute do the traveling for you. Your only hope of
                    claiming the reward that will be crucial for the next chapter of your life
                    story will be to do the work yourself.

                    HOMEWORK: What's the title of the story of your life? Tell me by going to

                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 12, 2010
                      Rob Brezsny's Astrology Newsletter

                      October 13, 2010

                      +

                      For a pretty version of this newsletter, go here:
                      http://bit.ly/FWA-10-14

                      +

                      IS PRONOIA JUST FOR RICH, COMFORTABLE PEOPLE? Part 2

                      Excerpted from *PRONOIA IS THE ANTIDOTE FOR PARANOIA*
                      available at Amazon: http://bit.ly/Pronoia
                      or Powells: http://bit.ly/PronoiaPowells

                      On many of the mornings when I wake up in my soft bed, surrounded by
                      the perks of my temperature-controlled home and ready to enjoy another
                      mysteriously interesting day, I am visited by the urge to murmur a prayer
                      of gratitude like "Thank you a billion and one times, Whoever or Whatever
                      You are that gave me this lavish riot of beauty." I am flooded with
                      ecstatic appreciation as I taste the honey mingle with the sour flesh of
                      the organic grapefruit, or when my lover cracks a quirky joke right before
                      she kisses me twice, once on each eyelid, or when my daughter emails me
                      the enigmatic new poem she wrote.

                      But what brings me even sharper pangs of personal elation, what evokes
                      an even more exuberant longing to celebrate, are those moments when I
                      deeply feel the successes that are unfolding for human beings far away
                      from me -- successes like the irrevocable decline of global poverty and
                      child mortality (discussed in Part 1 of this series:
                      http://bit.ly/RichComfy).

                      And I know many people who nurture a similar aim. Our numbers are
                      growing. Before now, there has never before been a time when so many
                      people have actively cultivated a capacity for transcendental empathy.
                      Before now, there has never before been a time when millions and millions
                      of us have taken concrete action to improve the well-being of those
                      we've never met. We are currently living in the most compassionate
                      moment in the history of civilization.

                      In his well-researched book *Blessed Unrest:_How the Largest Movement
                      in the World Came into Being and Why No One Saw It Coming,* Paul
                      Hawken
                      argues that organized political action devoted to advancing the
                      rights of other people is a relatively new phenomenon, less than 200
                      years old. The drive to abolish slavery was where it began. In recent
                      decades it has grown exponentially, becoming a global crusade to improve
                      social justice, economic conditions, human rights, and environmental
                      health. We take it for granted, but it is a surprising and unprecedented
                      development.

                      By Hawken's estimates, there are well over a million organizations
                      engaged in the effort, which thrives without centralized leadership,
                      charismatic front men, or a fixed ideology. Because of its grass-roots
                      ubiquity, it is largely invisible to the mass media and underestimated by
                      politicians.

                      Some day, maybe 500 years from now, our descendants will have
                      installed the art and science of universal compassion as the first law of
                      civilization. And I bet they will give honor to us, the people alive on the
                      planet today, as the heroes who gave critical mass to their prime
                      directive.

                      +

                      For those who are dogmatically predisposed to thinking that the world is a
                      hellhole, no amount of contrary evidence will change their minds. The
                      cynic who asked me the following question didn't really want an answer:
                      "Tell me how your pronoia explains a child in Darfur starving to death
                      after watching soldiers kill his mommy?"

                      While I don't claim to have the authoritative response to that accusation,
                      I think it's worthwhile to consider the possibility that suffering is, among
                      other things, a difficult gift we humans are given in order to prod our
                      evolution.

                      On a personal level, our longing to escape our suffering is a primal force in
                      making us smarter. On a collective level, nothing refines and ennobles us
                      more than our passion to keep others from suffering. For every dead child
                      in Darfur, 100 people in other places on the planet have responded with a
                      commitment to create a world in which future Darfurs won't happen.

                      +

                      TUNE IN NEXT WEEK to PART THREE of the series, "Is Pronoia Just for
                      Rich, Comfortable People?"

                      To read Part One of the series, go here: http://bit.ly/RichComfy

                      MORE PRONOIA RESOURCES:

                      MAYBE YOU'RE CAPABLE OF BEING HAPPIER THAN YOU THINK
                      Happiness levels are not predetermined. Genes and early life experience
                      don't set a limit on a person's happiness.
                      http://tinyurl.com/22vmx2e

                      BE ALERT FOR UNEXPECTED DANCING
                      Seahorses prove their love; so do raindancers
                      http://tinyurl.com/24k9ef9
                      http://tinyurl.com/2bsecc2

                      PRONOIA SNEAKS INTO THE WORKPLACE
                      A company that respects workers' rights, health, and their union -- and
                      not just in theory, but every working day.
                      http://tinyurl.com/33l9k9g

                      (Note: I endorse these because I like them. They are not advertisements,
                      and I get no kickbacks.)

                      Please tell me your own personal nominations for PRONOIA RESOURCES.

                      FREE WILL ASTROLOGY
                      Week beginning October 14
                      Copyright 2010 by Rob Brezsny
                      http://FreeWillAstrology.com
                      Grammar key: Asterisks equal *italics*

                      LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): Usually you specialize in having a light touch.
                      You'd rather nudge than push. Nimble harmony is more interesting to you
                      than brute force. You prefer your influence on people to be appreciated,
                      not begrudgingly respected. And I certainly don't want you to forsake any
                      of those inclinations. But I would love to see you add a dash of
                      aggressiveness and a pinch of vehemence to your repertoire in the
                      coming week. I'd be thrilled if you raised your voice a bit and gesticulated
                      more vigorously and projected your confidence with an elevated intensity.
                      According to my reading of the astrological omens, your refined approach
                      will benefit from a dose of subliminal thunder.

                      SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): *Time* magazine created a list of the 50
                      worst inventions. Included among the most terrible creations that human
                      ingenuity has ever come up with are plastic grocery bags, sub-prime
                      mortgages, hydrogenated oils, and pop-up ads. Now let's switch our
                      attention to your personal equivalents of these monstrosities. To climax
                      the atonement phase of your own astrological cycle, I recommend that
                      you do the following: 1. Identify the three worst ideas you have taken
                      seriously during the past decade. 2. Carry out one formal action to
                      correct or make amends for the consequences of each bad idea. 3. Really,
                      truly, forgive yourself as best as you can.

                      SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): For your assignment this week, I have
                      borrowed from a list of suggestions offered by Sagittarius poet Kenneth
                      Patchen in his book *The Journal of Albion Moonlight.* Feel free to
                      improvise as you carry out at least three. 1. Discourage all traces of
                      shame. 2. Bear no cross. 3. Extend all boundaries. 4. Blush perpetually in
                      gaping innocence. 5. Burrow beneath the subconscious. 6. Pass from one
                      world to another in carefree devotion. 7. Exhaust the primitive. 8.
                      Generate the free brain. 9. Forego no succulent filth. 10. Verify the
                      irrational. 11. Acquire a sublime reputation. 12. Make one monster at
                      least. 13. Multiply all opinions. 14. Inhabit everyone.

                      CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): Among Google searches starting with the
                      phrase "who is," the top-rated is "God," while "Satan" is a distant tenth.
                      Running ahead of Satan but behind God are Lady Gaga and Justin Beiber.
                      If I were you, Capricorn, I wouldn't be Google-searching any bigger-than-
                      life entities like those four in the coming week. The characters you need
                      to research are non-divine, non-celebrity types who might bring
                      interesting influences into your life -- people who would have a direct
                      influence on your access to resources and on your ability to call forth the
                      best from yourself.

                      AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): Explorers found a 30,000-year-old carved
                      stone artifact in a German cave and brought it to the University of
                      Tubingen for study. Experts there determined that it had a dual purpose
                      for the ancient humans who made it. Phallic-shaped with rings around one
                      end, it was obviously a sex toy. But other markings indicated it was also
                      used to start fires by striking it against flints. I'd like to make this power
                      object your symbol of the week, Aquarius. You're in a phase when you
                      should be alert for ways to mix business with pleasure and practicality
                      with adventure.

                      PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20): You're not exceptionally scared of the dark,
                      Pisces, but sometimes you seem to be intimidated by the light. You can
                      summon the spunky courage to go crawling on your hands and knees
                      through dank tunnels and spooky caves in quest of treasure that's
                      covered in primordial goo, but you may play hard to get when you're
                      offered the chance to unburden yourself of your cares in wide-open
                      spaces. What's up with that? Don't get me wrong: I'm proud of your
                      capacity to wrestle with the shadows in the land of the lost; I'm gratified
                      by your willingness to work your karma to the bone. But I would also love
                      you to get a share of rejuvenating rest and ease now and then. Do you
                      think you could manage to have it both ways? I do.

                      IF YOU WANT MORE FREE WILL ASTROLOGY,
                      TRY THE EXPANDED AUDIO HOROSCOPES

                      The horoscopes you read in this newsletter may be plenty for your needs.

                      But if you'd like to experience more of my thoughts about your current
                      situation, you might want to try my EXPANDED AUDIO HOROSCOPES.
                      They're 4-to-5 minute meditations on the state of your life and where
                      you're going.

                      Sign in and access them here:
                      http://RealAstrology.com

                      The audio horoscopes are also available by phone at 1-877-873-4888 or
                      1-900-950-7700.

                      "Your expanded audio horoscopes are the next best thing to actually
                      having you here next to me to remind me who I really am." - Alyssa R.,
                      Des Moines, Iowa

                      "When I listen to your audio 'scopes, my free will lights up." - Alex D., Los
                      Angeles

                      ARIES (March 21-April 19): Until recently, no cricket had ever been
                      observed pollinating a flower. All the evidence showed, in fact, that
                      crickets don't help flowers -- they devour them. Then one night last
                      January on the island of Reunion in the Indian Ocean, researchers
                      discovered that the species known as the raspy cricket was responsible
                      for pollinating wild orchids. They even caught the magic act on film. I
                      regard this turn of events as akin to an upcoming development in your
                      life: Someone or something that you've never thought of as a fertilizing
                      force for you will become one.

                      TAURUS (April 20-May 20): My date and I decided to go see the film *You
                      Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger.* As we entered the theater, we passed a
                      short, elderly Chinese woman in a brown uniform. She was bent over
                      sweeping the floor. Suddenly she stood up straight, looked me in the eye,
                      and extended her left hand toward me. Confused, I reached out toward
                      her. She quickly pressed something in my hand, then returned to her
                      sweeping. As I walked on, I unrolled the small paper scroll she had given
                      me. It read, "Tell your Taurus readers they should be alert for helpful
                      messages coming from sources they would usually ignore or neglect." I'm
                      doing what she suggested.

                      GEMINI (May 21-June 20): Of all the signs in the zodiac, you are currently
                      the best at carrying out the following activities: gliding, flowing, leaping,
                      skipping, twirling, undulating, reverberating, galloping, and rub-a-dub-
                      dubbing. I suspect that you will also excel at rumbling, romping, rollicking,
                      cavorting, and zip-a-dap-doodling. If all goes well, Gemini -- which is to say
                      you show how much you love your body and throw off any inhibitions you
                      might have about celebrating your instinctual nature -- then you will be at
                      the low end of the scale in performing these activities: shuffling,
                      drooping, mumbling, wallowing, pigeonholing, and pussyfooting.

                      CANCER (June 21-July 22): A reader wrote to me bemoaning the fact
                      that her new Cancerian boyfriend is addicted to safety. She speculated
                      that since he is a member of an astrological sign renowned for its timidity,
                      she should probably either get used to the suffocating lack of action or
                      else bolt from the relationship now. In reply, I sent her a quote from one
                      of the most heroic Cancerians of the 20th century, Helen Keller: "Life is
                      either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature,
                      nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no
                      safer in the long run than exposure." Moral of the story: It's a ripe time
                      for you to rise up and refute the people in your life who think you're a
                      brooding wallflower.

                      LEO (July 23-Aug. 22): Helping your fellow humans can literally enhance
                      your strength. A Harvard study (tinyurl.com/BeExtraNice) proved that
                      people who did good deeds or even visualized themselves doing good
                      deeds had increased physical endurance and willpower. Unfortunately, the
                      study showed that those who harbor nefarious intentions are also able to
                      draw on extra fortitude. In other words, you can boost your energy by
                      either being compassionate or evil. I highly recommend the former over
                      the latter, Leo, especially now that you're entering a phase when it makes
                      a lot of spiritual sense to build your courage, vigor, and tonicity.

                      VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): "The art of medicine consists of amusing the
                      patient while nature cures the disease," said French philosopher Voltaire.
                      With this in mind, let's evaluate your current discomfort. From what I can
                      tell, healing forces beyond your control and outside of your awareness are
                      going to be working their mojo to chip away at your problem. But it will
                      still be wise for you to occupy yourself in activities that you think will
                      expedite the fix. Doing so will minimize your anxieties, allowing nature to
                      do what it does best.

                      HOMEWORK: For one week, pretend to already be something you're on
                      your way to becoming. Report your results by going to
                      Freewillastrology.com and clicking "Email Rob."