Last Chance in 2008: Block Bush's Midnight Raid on Nature

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2008
      Please do keep this going to help everyone have an awareness of what is continuing to take place in the last days of the present administration. The more awareness the more effective we can be on all levels to help stop these atrocities from taking place.

      Help NRDC stop the Bush
Administration’s midnight raid on nature

      Time is Running Out
      to Block the Bush Administration’s Midnight Attacks
      Your tax-deductible donation can save wildlife
and wild places.
      Give Now. Save Wildlife & Wildlands.

      In its dangerous final days, the Bush Administration's midnight raid on our natural heritage is shifting into high gear.

      Bush officials are planning to strip Greater Yellowstone's wolves of their endangered species protection...hand over Utah's Redrock wilderness to oil companies...open up two million acres of our Alaskan rainforest to road-building and logging... and leave polar bears defenseless against Arctic oil development.

      Your year-end gift will give NRDC the critical financial help we need to fight in federal court until all of these disastrous policies are blocked or reversed.

      We don't have a moment to lose because...

      Wolves can't outrun guns. The new Bush policy would mean that nearly 1,000 wolves could be massacred by hunters and state agents next year. NRDC is prepared to go to court to defend them.

      Utah's Redrock wilderness could be turned into an industrial wasteland. NRDC is already in court, fighting to keep this natural treasure for the American people.

      Alaska's Tongass Forest will be invaded by bulldozers and chainsaws if the Bush Forest Service gets its way. It's do-or-die for America's greatest temperate rainforest and we need your help to stop this fire sale of our wild forest heritage.

      Polar bears are now completely at the mercy of the oil companies and polluters.
      Under Bush's new policy, the Endangered Species Act cannot be used to protect polar bears against massive oil development and global warming pollution. NRDC has filed suit in federal court, and this historic case will be heard in the next few months.

      Make no mistake: the final 20 days of the Bush Administration could be the most destructive in its eight-year history -- and the schemes they ram through today will be extremely difficult for the Obama Administration to reverse. But with your help, NRDC is fighting back on every front.

      You can defend America's wildlife and wild places from the Bush Administration's midnight raid -- by sending your most generous, tax-deductible gift now.

      Remember, the Bush Administration is counting on the American people to be too distracted during the holidays to protest its stealth attacks on wildlife and wildlands.

      That's why I'm counting on you now to stand with us...and help NRDC turn back this last-ditch assault on our natural treasures.

      Sincerely,
      Frances
      Frances Beinecke
      President
      Natural Resources Defense Council

      P.S. Hurry -- your special year-end gift is needed to help NRDC protect our country's wolves and polar bears -- and our most spectacular wildlands -- from being sacrificed as a parting gift to the Bush Administration's industry cronies.

      Charity Navigator: The mission of the Natural
Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is to safeguard the Earth: its
people, its plants and animals, and the natural systems on which
all life depends.

      The NRDC Action Fund is the 501(c)(4) affiliate of the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC).