Runaway ISS Toolbag Sighted and Filmed

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2008
      Space Weather News for Nov. 25th
      http://spaceweather.com

      ISS TOOLBAG:  A backpack-sized tool bag inadvertently dropped from the International Space Station last week is orbiting Earth and has been sighted from the ground.  The tool bag is surprisingly bright, about 6th or 7th magnitude, which makes it an easy target for binoculars or a small telescope.  Today's edition of http://spaceweather.com offers observing tips, sighting reports and a movie of the bag in orbit.

      AURORA WATCH:  High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras tonight and tomorrow.  Earth is entering a solar wind stream and this could trigger geomagnetic storms around the Arctic Circle.