Skip to search.

DailyOM: The Journey of Finding a Relationship

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2008
      I freely admit that there was a period where I was looking for my other half, "soul mate", twin flame, etc...irrespective of the term used it was a search for the one who completes me. It took time and several lessons to finally learn that it is seeing one Self as already complete. That we do not need another to make ourselveswhole for we already are. I am not speaking for anyone but myself on this. Beginning a true relationship and re-learning more and more about me will, in turn, facilitate another coming into my life irrespective of what type of relationship it is. So as I learn to See that I Compliment myself then there will be those who have done the same as we Compliment one another as a fruit from this tree.

      Today's DailyOM brought to you by:

      November 3, 2008
      The Journey of Finding a Relationship
      Our Relationship Choices
      Before we embark upon the journey of finding the relationship that is right for us, we may want to take the opportunity to refine our concept of who we are and our ideas of what we want from life. That way, we are clearer on the kind of person we want to attract into our lives. Part of the journey of finding a mate is learning how to become our own mate. When we can learn to meet our needs without relying on someone else to complete us, we don’t have to form relationships from the space of needing our emptiness to be filled. We can also discover our intrinsic value, separate from what someone else might be reflecting back to us. Getting to know who we are and learning to love ourselves creates a solid foundation of self that we can bring to any relationship.

      We are fortunate to live in a time when relationships can unfold at a pace that is right for us and take unique forms. Friendship, dating, open relationships, long term relationships, long distance relationships, or committed relationships — we are free to choose the kind of relationships that we want. If you want to be in relationship, but haven’t found the right one for you, remember that the universe works in perfect order and, therefore, right now your life is unfolding exactly as it is meant to be. Maybe all this time has been part of your preparation period for meeting your intended partner. Even the relationships in our lives that haven’t worked out as we had hoped serve us by teaching us to make better choices in our next relationships.

      Finding the relationship we want can come early or later in life. It may even happen again and again in one lifetime. There is no right or wrong for how to find a relationship nor is there a timeline that you have to follow. Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, continue to become your own soul mate, and stay open to love. The journey of finding the right relationship begins with being in right relationship with yourself.
      What do you think?
      Discuss this article and share your opinion
      Want more DailyOM?
      Register for your free email, or browse all articles
       Our Relationship Choices
      Share the OM:
      Email this to a friend
      Printable version
      Save in My DailyOM
      Discuss this article
      Today's friend of OM:
      DailyOM Soul Readings are a unique means of accessing the profound awareness that exists in all human beings. These unique readings are presented by DailyOM where you can ask up to three questions related to your concerns, and our intuitive readers will respond in 24 hours with a reply channeled by spirit specifically for you.
      For more information visit DailyOM.com/Readings
      Home | Gift Shop | My DailyOM | Marketplace | Community | Archives | Share The OM | Contact Us
      Subscribe | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Gift Shop FAQ | Advertising Info
      Make DailyOM Your Homepage | Link To Us | Publish DailyOM On Your Website
      © 2004-08 DailyOM - All Rights Reserved
      No portion of this site can be reprinted without express permission
      Artwork by Wang Chang-Ming