Help protect Wyoming's last unspoiled wildlands

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2008
      I swear does it seem like everytime we turn around the government is trying to devastate more and more of the land we live on? I am sure they do not see it in this light but their actions have the same results irrespective of their thoughts. Let us continue to be apart of many "whistle-blowers" by bringing awareness to all on this matters plus take our stand to state we will not stand by any longer and watch the lands around dwindle further and further. Blessings, Shay

      If the Bush administration gets its way, Wyoming's spectacular Fortification Creek Area will soon be sacrificed to a massive drilling scheme.

      We need your immediate action to halt this destructive plan in its tracks. The deadline for submitting comments on the plan is October 7!

      Please go to http://www.savebiogems.org/yellowstone/takeaction right away and tell the Bureau of Land Management to reject this proposal, which would allow as many as 600 coalbed methane wells in the heart of Wyoming's remaining wildlands.

      The Fortification Creek Area -- containing over 42,000 acres of public wildlands -- represents the last pristine oasis in Wyoming's Powder River Basin, which is already blanketed by coalbed methane wells.

      Most importantly, the Fortification Creek region provides critical winter range and calving grounds for an isolated prairie elk herd of only 230 animals. If adopted, the Bush
      administration's plan has the potential to decimate the entire elk population.

      The Fortification Creek Area is also home to pronghorn, bobcats, mountain lions, and over 200 species of migratory birds. Opening these lands to gas drilling would spoil a pristine water source for wildlife, cause irreversible soil and vegetation damage, and destroy outdoor recreational opportunities.

      Please go to http://www.savebiogems.org/yellowstone/takeaction and urge Bush administration officials to protect Wyoming's Fortification Creek Area before these pristine wildlands are lost forever.

      Thank you for taking action.

      Sincerely,

      Frances Beinecke
      President
      Natural Resources Defense Council

[...]

      . . .

      We appreciate the opportunity to communicate with you and other
      NRDC BioGems Defenders. We are committed to protecting your
      privacy and will NEVER sell, exchange or rent your email
      address.

      If you would prefer not to receive action alerts and updates,
      you can click here to remove yourself from this list:

      To update your information, including your email or mailing
      address, or to view all your subscriptions click here:
      http://www.nrdconline.org/biogemscenter/smp.tcl?nkey=wge5ss7rr75mxb56&