DailyOM: The Kaleidoscope of Life

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2008
      This comes at such a timely space whether consciously or subconsciously we experience challenges and difficulties without lives. We are re-learning how to shift the gem a bit so we can look from a balanced perspective that the challenges do not stop as we have begun our spiritual paths or have been upon it for years. That we learn how to perceive the pain and challenges as circumstances not to diminish us nor have us feel we are dis-connected, we must be doing something wrong so why are being punished, etc.

      Just as in weight training working with what is light weight, varying with each individual, we do not achieve anything staying with what does not bring some resistance. As we choose to add to the weights to help build the strength of our bodies so too have we, and we continue to, chosen to go through the challenges we face. There is no punishment nor disconnect; the Intention is for these to provide growth on every level and that even includes those we meet that challenge us as well as those who inspire us. In the "end" they all are apart of the same process. Namaste

      Today's DailyOM brought to you by:

      September 5, 2008
      The Kaleidoscope of Life
      Living Together Differently
      We tend to gravitate toward people who are the most like us, at least in the ways that make us feel comfortable. But life has its way of bringing us into contact with people who challenge us with their differences. It may be an obvious difference reflected in their outward appearance or an invisible but powerful philosophical stance, but even in our closest circle of friends and family, there are those that confront us with their different ways of experiencing and expressing life. We can choose to resist , but we can also choose to learn from them and appreciate that they too have a place in the kaleidoscope of life.

      As much as we may say that we want peace and quiet and a life without struggle, the truth is that human beings are, at this time, thriving in a world of dualities and challenges. It is how we choose to approach these hurdles that determine if we sail over them, confirming our agility, or trip and end up face down in the dust. And each of us absolutely will and must stumble, and then get up, brush the dust off and carry on. This is how we learn and grow, developing depth of character and shades of understanding. In a world of dualities, we have trouble defining ourselves without something opposite, and can’t discover who we are. Without challenge, there is nothing to do and nothing to discover. That leaves us either in a state of non-being or the state of pure spirit, but as humans, we are spiritual beings experiencing the physical world in all of its startling contrast and beauty.

      No matter how spiritual we are, our lives will have challenges. We will always run into people that are different that we are, but the true challenge may be in finding ways to be at peace with this process. Rather than give in to the fight or flight response that comes from our animal nature, we can find new ways to evolve together into higher more beautiful expressions of ourselves, realizing, embracing and celebrating the beauty of diversity and the strength it offers for the future.
      Call 1-877-2-DAILYOM (1-877-232-4596) to listen to DailyOM messages on your phone for free.
      What do you think?
      Discuss this article and share your opinion
      Want more DailyOM?
      Register for your free email, or browse all articles
       Living Together Differently
      Home | Gift Shop | My DailyOM | Marketplace | Community | Archives | Share The OM | Contact Us
      Subscribe |Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Gift Shop FAQ | Advertising Info
      Make DailyOM Your Homepage | Link To Us | Publish DailyOM On Your Website
      © 2004-08 DailyOM - All Rights Reserved
      No portion of this site can be reprinted without express permission
      Artwork by Wang Chang-Ming