Daily Buddhist Wisdom: Mindlfulness in Plain English

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 7:37 AM
      I have definitely experienced such deep emotions within meditations that I resonate quite strongly with this message. Experiencing the pain which plays in tandem with going beyond it. When I have found myself within that state of beyond suffering I find my Self in that place of Silence which is cathartic and in such a core state of healing w/ epiphanies. It brings to mind an expression: If I have not walked in pain then how can I experience, to the liberation from suffering. Had I not Known pain then how can I Know the joy of liberation? Both encompass the two sides of the One Coin.

      Meditation is running into reality. It does not insulate you from the pain of life. It allows you to delve so deeply into life and all its aspects that you pierce the pain barrier and go beyond suffering.

      -Bhante Henepola Gunaratana, "Mindfulness in Plain English"
      Copyright Wisdom Publications 2001. Reprinted from "Daily Wisdom: 365 Buddhist Inspirations," edited by Josh Bartok, with permission of Wisdom Publications, 199 Elm St., Somerville MA 02144 U.S.A, www.wisdompubs.org.