aboriginal blood black heart

  • nicolai73
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 28, 2008

      What is Aboriginal spirituality?

      Our spirituality is a oneness and an interconnectedness with all that lives and breathes, even with all that does not live or breathe.—Mudrooroo, Aboriginal writer [1]

      Aboriginal spirituality, Mudrooroo continues, "is a feeling of oneness, of belonging" a connectedness with "deep innermost feelings". Everthing else is secondary.

      Aboriginal Spirituality and the land

      Aboriginal spirituality is invaribly also about the land Aboriginal people live on. They experience a connection to their land that is unknown to white people. A key feature of Aboriginal spirituality is to look after the land, an obligation which has been passed down as law since generations.

      A powerful explanation of the spiritual connection of Aboriginal people to the land can be found on a publication of the now abolished ATSIC [13]:

      We don't own the land, the land owns us. The land is my mother, my mother is the land. Land is the starting point to where it all began. It's like picking up a piece of dirt and saying this is where I started and this is where I'll go. The land is our food, our culture, our spirit and identity.—S. Knight [13]

      Aboriginal people feel this spiritual connectedness with the land itself. Aboriginal author and Yorta Yorta woman Hyllus Maris (1934-86) expressed this beautifully in her poem Spiritual Song of the Aborigine [6]:

      Spiritual Song of the Aborigine

      I am a child of the Dreamtime People
      Part of this Land, like the gnarled gumtree
      I am the river, softly singing
      Chanting our songs on my way to the sea
      My spirit is the dust-devils
      Mirages, that dance on the plain
      I'm the snow, the wind and the falling rain
      I'm part of the rocks and the red desert earth
      Red as the blood that flows in my veins
      I am eagle, crow and snake that glides
      Throught the rain-forest that clings to the mountainside
      I awakened here when the earth was new
      There was emu, wombat, kangaroo
      No other man of a different hue
      I am this land
      And this land is me
      I am Australia.—Hyllus Maris

      Aboriginal spirituality is the belief that all objects are living and share the same soul or spirit that Aboriginals share.—Eddie Kneebone, Aboriginal Reconciliation campaigner and painter [3]

      This is a very fundamental statement about Aboriginal spirituality. All objects are living includes that according to Aboriginal spirituality besides animals and plants even rocks have a soul.

      An Aboriginal person's soul or spirit is believed to "continue on after our physical form has passed through death" explains Eddie Kneebone [3]. After the death of an Aboriginal person their spirit returns to the Dreamtime from where it will return through birth as a human, an animal, a plant or a rock. The shape is not important because each form shares the same soul or spirit from the Dreamtime.

      but the blood , the full blood daughter of her aboriginal father has her father's blood , and it's all red

    • Rongomatane
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 29, 2008
        Hello there, I'm interested to know why your subject title is ' aboriginal blood black heart '
        why would you say aboriginal blood black heart?
        sincerely
        Rongomatane

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 29, 2008
          in my kulcha this how we express our full blood family. see. kool hey.
          --- In lovingpurelove@yahoogroups.com, Rongomatane <peacefulrongo@...>

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 30, 2008
            Thank you I was recently in Sydney and had the good fortune of spending a bit of time at Hill 60 on the coast near Woolongong for me a joyous event

            heaps of love

            Rongomatane

            wrote:

            > Hello there, I'm interested to know why your subject title is '
            aboriginal blood black heart '
            > why would you say aboriginal blood black heart?
            > sincerely
            > Rongomatane

            <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:lovingpurelove-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:lovingpurelove-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • nicolai73
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 30, 2008
              thank you.
              i been feeling all alone here so thank you for being here.
              heaps of love.

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 31, 2008
                You are never alone, there's a message stick, about to go walk about, to connect and free the Black Fulla and all peoples of our Mother. With us all staying centered in  our hearts in divine love, we speed it up.

                love you heaps

                wrote:

                > Thank you I was recently in Sydney and had the good fortune of
                spending a bit of time at Hill 60 on the coast near Woolongong for me a
                joyous event

                > heaps of love
                >
                > Rongomatane

                this land

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 31, 2008
                  you're so lovely, can do everything together, i know you know how to

                  come my lady, come come my lady
                  be my butterfly sugar baby
                  come my lady, come come my lady
                  you make my legs shake, you make me go crazy
                  (butterfly by crazy town)

                  love you heaps

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 31, 2008
                    thank you , thank you , thank you , when i read this my stomach felt
                    better and now it feels even better than when i first read this
                    afternoon, and now you showed me proper way so you taught me something
                    new , so thank you for that too. madkool.