To Provide Info About Wrist Surgery Yesterday

  • Patti Garrett
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10 3:12 PM
      Hello everyone;

      Sorry I did not write this yesterday but after an almost 2-hour surgery, getting me home at about 6:30 p.m., I crashed on my rec;oner,  which seemed the best place for me to keep it elevated -- as I was told to do.  Still I did not get too much sleep because the sling I have to wear and the pillow I used to keep it elevated did not allow for much comforting and relaxing sleep.

      However, the surgery which I was asleep for and which I was not as anxious about as I would have been because of the fact that an earth angel friend whom I met on the internet and met for the first time yesterday, who happens to live in Madison, sat with me in my little pre-surgery room.  She was really was a god-send for me as she kept my mind off the up-coming surgery by letting me talk to my heart's content which tended to relax me completely.  Thank God  I met her on the empaths group on line because she really was a true and rare earth angel whi was sent to help yesterday, just when I needed her most.

      According to my doctor, the surgery was successful'; I guess we will both know more next Tuesday when I go in and have the dressing changed.  In addition, I avoided pain for 24 hours because the doctor recommended a pain block shot during surgery which took away my pain entirely last night.  Except for the fact that my entire arm and hand was totally numb and flopping around all night, I experienced no problems at all and absolutely no pain -- until the 24 hours was up at about 3:34 p.m. today. So I am very thankful he suggested this option for me,

      So thanks to all who prayed for me even if it was only with your thoughts --I feel sure that every prayer and every thought was heard by my Creator and helped me have a successful surgery,  I am now hoping  for a successful healing and recovery so I can again have use of this arm, because until this happened I never really realized how much I did use this arm as it is my most powerful arm since I use it for everything except for writing, which is all I do with my right hand.

      By sending this message, I try to think of everyone who had written me or seemed concerned about me but am sure that I probably left some off as some people I wanted to include are not in my address book.  So if any of you know someone who might be interested in this info, please feel free to share it because, inasmuch as writing this took me over 30 minutes, it will be the only message I will be sharing right now, maybe the only one  I will be writing tonight. depending on how my wrist feels --right now because of how I am holding it while I write, it is really beginning to bother me a lot/

      So Linda Miller,if you don't mind, would you please share it with Mott as I cannot seem to find her address in my address book or anywhere?

      And one more thing as someone I write since I broke my wrist told me in a message, so even though I try to catch them, I nay be a little off of my game these days with typos and word errors.  So if any of you see any typos or incorrect words that are spelled correctly but used incorrectly, please excuse them and know that I will do better when my wrist has healed and I again have the use of both hands.

      For now, have a lovely and joy-filled afternoon , followed by a night of restful and rejuvenating sleep.

      Peace, love. light and angel hugs,

      PattiAngel