Beliefnet Buddhist Wisdom: Do Not Go After the Past...

    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2008

      Do not go after the past,
      Nor lose yourself in the future.
      For the past no longer exists,
      And the future is not yet here.
      By looking deeply at things just as they are,
      In this moment, here and now,
      The seeker lives calmly and freely.
      You should be attentive today,
      For waiting until tomorrow is too late.
      Death can come and take us by surprise--
      How can we gainsay it?
      The one who knows
      How to live attentively
      Night and day