'A Cherokee Feast of Days'...April 7

  • Barbara Bailey
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2008

      'A Cherokee Feast of Days'
      It seems only yesterday when the first cold wind blew
      in and laid flat the wild rose and turned the canes gray.
      Leaves turned and dropped. Snows fell and drifted.
      Winter threatened to last forever. But it didn't.
      Spring runs in and out like a child opening and slamming a door
      just to irritate us.
      The birds are flirting and meadows abound with
      baby calves in their first days. It is a time of change -
      not only in nature but in us.
      We enjoy that breaking point between late winter and early spring.
      In our mind's eye we know where the wild phlox will spread
      its fragrance and the oxeye daisies will crowd the narrow path.
      It is with the same eye that we see ourselves blooming with
      health and prospering beyond our dreams.
      Only those who walk under a cloud miss the joy of this time, the open
      meadows and greening hills.
      ~ Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam, where
      the deer and the antelope play....Where seldom is heard a
      discouraging word and the skies are not cloudy all day. ~

      ANONYMOUS

      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler

      c/o

      Barbara A Bailey