"A Cherokee Feast Of Days".......April 4

  • Barbara Bailey
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2008

       "A Cherokee Feast Of Days"
      Favorite things: feather pillows, soft socks, old
      tennies, a rock to sit on to look at the garden
      of yellow and orange and red, and a warm brown
      puppy for company. These are little things, simple
      things, but at heart they are greater than most big
      events.
      Too much distracts our attention from who we
      are--and what is really important to us. Our favor-
      ite little things help us remember who we truly are.
      They help us remain connected with our basic spir-
      itual nature, which enables us to be authentic, to be
      ourselves in the best possible way. We cannot afford
      to be cut off from the inner life, from our spiritual
      nature, for this is what sustains us through the highs
      and lows we face each day.

      If I am content with little--enough is as good as a
      feast.

      -NELLIE SEQUICHIE, CHEROKEE

      By: Joyce Sequichie Hifler

      c/o

      For all the world one prayer
      That we might live as one
      May peace and love
      Be in each heart
      And each life be filled with sun

      Incoming and outgoing mail is scaned by Bit Defender Anti Virus.