"A Cherokee Feast Of Days"..........APRIL 1

  • Barbara Bailey
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2008

      "A Cherokee Feast Of Days"

      April
      Tsi law 'nee
      Flower Month

        It seems to me that the rules of the
      Chrokees have sufficient intelligence
      to see the utter imbecility of placing
      any further reliance upon the Supreme Court.....

      Govenor Wilsun Lumpkin
      Georgia, 1831

       In ages past, our old ones were the storytellers.
      This was the way things were passed along to
      the generations that followed.
      For this reason the aged people made it a point
       to remember every detail so they could relate it
      at a  later time.
      They were the word and picture carries
      making history and
      spiritual values alive and important.
      In recent times we have made our old ones
      think they are not  so important.
      We spoof their stories and make them feel foolish.
      The truth is that we are ignorant of what is precious and
      how to  a da li he li tse di -- appreciate age.
      Rigidity can creep in and set even the young mind if there
      are no soft memories, no laughter,
      no times too deep for tears.
      Age is grace -- a time too valuable to waste.

      We can get over being poor, but it takes longer to get over
      being ignorant.

      Jane Sequichie Hifler

      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler

      c/o