"A Cherokee Feast Of Days"...........March 3

  • Barbara Bailey
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2008
      "A Cherokee Feast Of Days"
      When life hurts, use your good imagination.
      See yourself free of pain, physical or emo-
      tional. See yourself have a stone lifted off so that
      you can go free. Then be grateful that you have
      weapons against whatever it is that hurts you. Your
      words are your weapons--not words that cut and
      hurt but words that lift you up and set you free. Say
      to yourself: no weapon formed against me shall
      Call for new and better circumstances to come
      in and replace the hard ones you have been dealing
      with. Words are creative. Don't insist on seeing how
      they accomplish what they do. Just know they are
      creative--we cannot use them in wrong ways and
      expect to get good results. Be kind to yourself. Not
      indulgent, but simply kind. Coax yourself into
      peacefulness and pat yourself on the head for no
      other reason than to stir up your courage. You are
      worth it--and more, much more.
      He pauses in an attitude of worship.
      By: Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      "Meditations with our Native American Elders"
      For me writing has become prayers that
      say, 'Great Spirit, return to us our
      freedom, our land, and our lives. We are
      thankful for the present from which to
      learn how to be thankful for the past, and
      how to be hopeful for the future."
      -Barney Bush, SHAWNEE

       We Native people have really been tested. This
      testing is having our land taken from us, our
      culture challenged, and our way of living al-
      tered. Gratefully, we have not lost our spiritu-
      ality. Our spirituality has been the key for our
      people making it through all of these tests.
      Our prayers are strong. Indian people have
      also been able to adjust to change and still
      keep their culture and spirituality. Today, we
      should be grateful to the Creator for the
      present, and for the lessons of the past. May
      our future be guided by the Great Spirit.
      Great Spirit,
      thank You for
      Mother Earth
      and Father
      Sky. Thank
      You for my
      By:  Don Coyhis

      May today there be peace within.
      May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
      May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
      May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that
      has been given to you.
      May you be content knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle
      into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and
      It is there for each and every one of us. *

      Saint, Mother, Sister Theresa