"A Cherokee Feast Of Days"........March 2

  • Barbara Bailey
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2008

      "A Cherokee Feast Of Days"
      What happened today that stirred you up and
      continued to nag long past the event? Have
      you been dominated by a control freak, or did some-
      one leave the room on a happy note and come back
      mad as a wet hen? We cannot analyze or make ex-
      cuses for others, but we can be kind. We can ignore
      what we know we had nothing to do with and
      didn't cause. We can carry on as though the world
      has not changed in the last five minutes.
      When someone is angry or hurt or spoiled, they
      tend to want everyone to pay for it. Don't. It is their
      problem, and they alone should be smart enough to
      see how ridiculous it is. Go on with your life, but be
      alert. Know in your heart and in your spirit that you
      cannot be put down. Hold tight to your common
      sense and know you are spiritually protected always.

      When you find something bad in the white man's
      road, drop it, leave it alone.

      -SITTING BULL, SIOUX

      By: Joyce Sequichie Hifler

      "Meditations with our Native American Elders"

      "...the voice and the heart are not
      working together."
      -Barney Bush, SHAWNEE

      We can say any words we want with our voice
      but we cannot hide the true meaning and the
      true spirit behind the words. The true mean-
      ing is always understood. The voice is heard in
      the physical world, but the meaning is trans-
      mitted in the spiritual world. If our voice says
      one thing but the heart is saying something
      else, it's the something else that is heard. It is
      said that the truth will set you free. Reaching
      the truth means your voice and your words
      will be in alignment with the heart.

      Great Spirit,
      let my tongue
      speak the truth