"A Cherokee Feast Of Days"..........MARCH 1 ~ (ONE) ~

  • Barbara Bailey
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2008

      "A Cherokee Feast Of Days"
      MARCH

      WINDY MONTH
      UNU 'LA HEE
      We cannot assume that all good things are
      ours simply because we have a right to
      them. The right does not qualify us to get some-
      thing, but it means the door is open and we can
      work to achieve our goal. Part of the work is being
      grateful for the opportunity. But even the oppor-
      tunity does not do the work--we do it.
      Samuel Johnson said that great work is per-
      formed, not by strength, but by perseverance. But
      even opportunity does not do the job. We do. There
      is little opposition where willingness to work is
      present. The land is ours, every flower, every bush,
      it is all ours and we are happy. We will work.

      Folly, inactivity, and cowardice? What need we speak
      of the past?

      -TECUMSEH, SHAWNEE

       By: Joyce Sequichie Hifler