"A Cherokee Feast Of Days".........February 29

  • Barbara Bailey
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2008

      "A Cherokee Feast Of Days"
      It is good to keep the promises we make to
      ourselves to enjoy a peaceful hour.
      How long has it been?
      How long has it been since we walked on a
      country path and watched the shadows hover
      and move? Walking is good for the legs -
      but it does wonders for the soul.
      This is one of the best times to walk and think.
      There is a rhythm in the earth that rises into our
      feet when we walk. In it is the healing and it centers
      the soul so that the cares of the world cannot get
      in to destroy peace. And peace has so many side
      effects. It restores youth and gives perspective to a
      world-weary mind.
      ~ The Great Spirit made these mountains
      and rivers for us, and all this land. ~

      BLACKFOOT - CROW, 1850's

       By: Joyce Sequichie Hifler

      "Meditations with our Native American Elders"
      "The most important thing you can do
      during the course of the day is to pray."

      --Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE

      There are many things we do during
      the day that are important.
      There are many places we have to
      go and there are many things to accomplish.
      The old ones say, the most important thing
      we can do is remember to take the time to pray.
      We should pray every morning and every evening.
      In this way we can be sure that the Great Spirit
      is running our lives. With the Great Spirit we are
      everything but without Him we are nothing.
      All Warriors know their greatest weapon is prayer.
      To spend time talking to the Creator is a great honor.
      Great Spirit, thank You for listening to my prayers.

      By:  Don Coyhis

      C/O

      The National Wildlife Rehabilitators Association
      "Improving Wildlife Care"