"A Cherokee Feast Of Days"...........February 5

  • Barbara Bailey
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2008

      "A Cherokee Feast Of Days"

      Notice the characteristics of gentle people,
      those who are not poised to react to every
      negative situation. They don't sulk or pout, and
      they truly want to help whenever they can. Gentle
      people entertain no animosity or feel any glee
      when someone stumbles. They do not give up on
      loving and caring deeply--nor is it their nature to
      push or control. They don't treat others as though
      they are bugs caught under a glass.
      Sometimes we try too hard to be everything to
      everyone, and it is not possible. Gentle people help
      where they can, but they do not demand results.
      They allow peace. They appreciate others who give
      so much, for so little.

       The true human is someone who is aware, someone
      who is, moment by moment, totally and completely
      merged wth life.
      He is a listener.
      -JOSEPH RAEL, UTE

       By: Joyce Sequichie Hifler

      "Meditations with Native American Elders"

      Let the person I serve express his thanks
      according to his own bringing up and his
      sense of humor."
      -Charles A. Eastman (Ohiyesa)
      SANTEE SIOUX

       "It is better to give than receive." But it doesn't
      really matter if we are giving or receiving.
      There is an identical feeling associated with
      both. We get this feeling every time we re-
      ceive, and we get this feeling every time we
      give. We can't control when we receive gifts
      but we can control when we give gifts. There-
      fore, the more we give, the better we feel.
      When we are given gifts, or someone does
      something for us, it is the Indian way to honor
      this person.

      Great Spirit,
      let me honor
      and be
      respectful to
      those who are
      good to me
      today.

      By:  Don Coyhis

      Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

      ~ Anatole France ~

      May you experience each day as a sacred gift
                                                                   woven around the heart of wonder.

        From My Heart,

       © ~ Barbara A Bailey ~

      The National Wildlife Rehabilitators Association
      "Improving Wildlife Care"