Man's heart away from nature becomes hard. ~

  • Barbara Bailey
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2008

      This morning the sun spilled pale gold over the horizon and filled  all the space beneath the great oaks. High above, the red-tail hawk, known to the Cherokees as ta wo di, sailed lazily along air currents. Even though spring is still many weeks away, the land is beautiful to see. Now, while the trees are bare, there is a wider view of hills and valleys. The colors are all muted shades of beige and gray and the hills are swathed in blue mist. Even the deer are outfitted by nature to be the same subtle shade of browns and tans to give them protection. A restful moment is a perfect moment. But we have to be open to it, and receptive to anything that gives us peace of mind with no side effects. It can't happen if our minds are set to be drab and dreary.

      ~ The old Lakota was wise. He knew that man's heart away from nature becomes hard. ~

      STANDING BEAR