"A Cherokee Feast Of Days"...........February 2

  • Barbara Bailey
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2008
      "A Cherokee Feast Of Days"
      Watch those images you build in your mind.
      Though some of them can be quite beau-
      tiful, some may be dark and dire. We seem to be
      experts in building negative mental images. Or we
      can't focus on anything. Something triggers a
      thought and we are off like a hound chasing some-
      thing in the deep woods. Then another thought
      comes along and we chase that for awhile. If we're
      not like a hound, we're sometimes like a fish--over
      and over we jump out of the stream to catch an
      elusive insect. We never catch it, but we keep on
      trying no matter what.
      Try to keep your thoughts focused on things
      that are worth focusing on! Important thoughts are
      worth returning to again and again, because on
      some deep level, they feed our spirits. As Thoreau
      put it, "Know your own bone, gnaw at it, bury it,
      unearth it again."
      We are like fish in the water, we jump at whatever is
       By: Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      "Meditations with Native American Elders"
      "Even the seasons form a great circle in
      their changing, and always come back
      again to where they were. The life of a
      man is a circle from childhood to
      childhood and so it is in everything where
      power moves."
      -Black Elk (Hehaka Sapa)
      In these modern times it is difficult to under-
      stand why we should think circles and seasons.
      People and society are always moving, through
      distance, over yonder, going here and going
      there - hurry up, grow up, be successful,
      climb the ladder to success, etc. The Elders
      tell us to slow down, to be patient, pray and
      think circles. Circle thinking applies to rela-
      tionships, business, and every area of our lives.
      We need to teach our awareness to look for
      seasons and cycles.
      My Creator,
            teach me the
      seasons of
      By:  Don Coyhis
      Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
      ~ Anatole France ~
      May you experience each day as a sacred gift
      woven around the heart of wonder.
        From My Heart,
       © ~ Barbara A Bailey ~
      The National Wildlife Rehabilitators Association
      "Improving Wildlife Care"

      Phil Says Six More Weeks of Winter!

      Phil's official forecast as read 2/2/08 at sunrise at Gobbler's Knob:

      Here Ye! Here Ye! Here Ye!

      On Gobbler's Knob on this fabolous Groundhog Day, February 2nd, 2008
      Punxsutawney Phil, the Seer of Seers, Prognosticator of all Prognosticators,
      Rose to the call of President Bill Cooper and greeted his handlers, Ben Hughes and John Griffiths.

      After casting a weathered eye toward thousands of his faithful followers,
      Phil consulted with President Cooper and directed him to the appropriate scroll, which proclaimed:

      "As I look around me, a bright sky I see, and a shadow beside me.
      Six more weeks of winter it will be!"