A Reunion Of Souls ~2~ January 3

  • Barbara Bailey
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2008

      "A Cherokee Feast Of Days"
      A kettle of hot soup, a cheerful voice, soft mu-
      sic, and a warm fireside. A time ale-ye-su' to
      enjoy. These precious things could be experienced
      anywhere if the spirit is happy. Those living in a
      mansion are no more apt to have them than those
      living in a hut in the woods. A rich man may
      want more, but he will not have more joy.
      Harmony, a blending of simple things, a simple
      gratitude for even the smallest things, makes life
      beautiful. Even if the rain patters on the roof and
      falls on the fields and in the river, it does not affect
      harmony that is true and sweet. Relax and let it fall
      on everything like manna from heaven.

      Persevere onward to the place where the Creator
      dwells in peace. Let not the things of the earth hinder
       By: Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      "Red Hawk Tales"

      What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts
      were gone, men would die from great loneliness
      of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts also
      happens to man. All things are connected. Whatever
      befalls the earth befalls the children of the earth.
      Seathl, Duwamish chief
      When the statesman of the League shall assem-
      ble they shall offer thanks to the earth where men
      dwell, to the streams of water, the pools and lakes, to
      the maize and the fruits. The eagle...is able to see
      afar. If he sees in the distance any danger threaten-
      ing, he will at once warn the people of the league.
      Edited by:  Kristen Maree Cleary
      Courtesy Of Karen RedHawk 1920

      Meditations with Native American Elders
      "We don't have to say or think what we
      don't wish to. We have a choice in those
      things, and we have to realize that and
      practice using that choice."
      -Rolling Thunder, CHEROKEE
      Having choices makes us fully accountable.
      No one can make us think anything we don't
      want to think. No one can determine our be-
      havior and how we act. It's not what's going
      on but how we look at what's going on. If
      someone does something and we get upset,
      we can change how we look at it any time we
      want. We can tell ourselves in the morning
      that the day is going to be beautiful and that
      we have expectations that great things will
      happen. Doing this daily sets our minds to
      look for the joy and the excitement of each
      Great Spirit,
      help me to
      choose my
      thoughts with
      Your wisdom.
      By:  Don Coyhis
      "Beth's Bonus's"
      If you talk to the animals they will talk with you
      and you will know each other.
      If you do not talk to them, you will not know them,
      And what you do not know you will fear.
      What one fears one destroys.
       ~Chief Dan George~
      Barbara A Bailey