"A Reunion Of Souls" ~1 ~ January 2 ( ONE )

  • Barbara Bailey
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2008

       A Cherokee Feast Of Days

      A new door opens--a new year has begun.
      This is a very special time, one year passing
      away, another beginning. All of us are awed by this
      event. Yet some are worried while others are con-
      fident about what has been promised. What do we
      see? What is on the horizon?
      Seeing what is coming is little different from
      spotting a deer in the woods. Most of the time we
      look for the entire outline of the deer--from the
      rack to the flicking tail--and we miss the joy of
      glimpsing a live deer scampering through the
      woods. When we know what we are looking for,
      we focus: a tiny movement, an ear, a white tail held
      high--any evidence that points to what we are try-
      ing to see. But when we do not believe there is
      even a deer in the woods, we fail to see any evi-
      dence and end up jeering at the idea. What do we
      miss? Everything, simply everything.

      Mutants [whites] have something called gravy. They
      know the truth but it is hidden under the spices of
      convenience, materialism, insecurity, and fear.
      -AUSTRALIAN ABORIGINES

      By: Joyce Sequichie Hifler