"A Cherokee Feast Of Days"..........December 29

  • Barbara Bailey
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2007

      A Cherokee Feast Of Days

      A very long time ago, among the pages
      of words written by ancient men is a phrase so
      potent it still works today. It says, "Call the things
      that be not as though they were."
      So life is hard and scary and you have
      messed up miserably. Then change it by saying
      what you want--by calling into being the way
      you want things and circumstances to be. Your
      words have power. They create. They shape. They
      call into being what you want.
      You have been digging in your heels and
      declaring that nothing can be saved. Don't you
      know you are doing it? Cancel everything negative
      you have ever said--be truly sorry for it. And then
      take hold of your tongue and demand it speak
      right.

      You propose to give us land where we can live in
      quiet. I accept your proposal.
      LITTLE RAVEN
      ARAPAHO

       By: Joyce Sequichie Hifler

       365 Days of Walking the Red Road

      It is the office of man to kindle
      the fire, but the part of the
      woman to keep it burning.
      -PIMA ETHIC

      Did You Know?

      Montezuma lived in an elegant
      palace with buildings, an
      aviary, lush gardens, and even
      a private zoo.

      By:  Terri Jean

      Courtesy Of Karen RedHawk 1920

      Meditations with Native American Elders

      What you see with your eyes shut
      is what counts."
      -Lame Deer, LAKOTA

      Another whole world opens up when we close
      our eyes and calm our mind. Be still and know;
      be still and hear; be still and see; be still and
      feel. Inside every person is a still, small voice.
      Sometimes it is necessary to close our eyes to
      shut down our perception in order to see. Try
      this occasionally; when you are talking to your
      child or spouse, close your eyes and listen to
      them. Listen to the tone of their voice; listen
      to their excitement; listen to their pain--
      listen.

      *Great Spirit,
      today, let me
      hear only what