Personal Responsibility

  • Barbara Bailey
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2007

      There are two words in every life that mean more toward perfecting that life than any other thing. Those two words are the basis for every action. They are "personal responsibility."

      Daniel Webster once wrote that the more important thought he ever had was that of his individual responsibility to God. It was his personal responsibility.

      No matter how understanding other may be, how kind, and tolerant, there comes a time when we cannot ask, not expect to receive, help in our struggle. There are simply times when other people cannot cover for our poor performance. It soon becomes time for us to stand on our own feet, express our own feelings, and search out our own beliefs.

      Others can run interference for us, make excuses for us, and guess at our feelings. But we don't begin to live until we've accepted our personal responsibilities. We must learn to express truth in everything from showing our love to voting in an election.

      Life is one personal responsibility after another. Shifting it to another's shoulders loses some of the most important steps. Failure to recognize it is folly; ignoring it is stupidity; and accepting it is to find more truth and more strength than was ever imagined or expected.

      The Songs of the Mountains - the Voices of Our Ancestors. As the winds flow through the mountains all of Life Flows through what we create here - Mountain Song!