I am requiring prayers and light sent.......

  • ckirkey2
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 19, 2007

      I am at the beggining of my journey in smoking cessation, I am finding it quite difficult, almost like I'm losing my best friend and have been feeling depression over it.  I am going through to be a hypnotherapist and will be doing programs to quit smoking so I would feel like a hypocrite if I was helping others to quit and still smoked myself.

        I would greatly appreciate prayers and light sent my way to assist me on this most challenging journey.  Thank-you, Christina.

    • maudie raney
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 19, 2007
        Prayers being sent, i am to trying to stop smoking and its so very hard,one day i do good the next day i do bad,but we will make it.love mg

      • Julie Carter
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 19, 2007
          You cant have any.. dont try to stop till you are ready to do so... keep a pack in your house, over the frighe so you know it is there, but do not use it.. paint your nails every time you want one.....

          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 19, 2007
            Would you like a Rising Star?

            ckirkey2 <ckirkey2@...> wrote:
            I am at the beggining of my journey in smoking cessation, I am finding it quite difficult, almost like I'm losing my best friend and have been feeling depression over it.  I am going through to be a hypnotherapist and will be doing programs to quit smoking so I would feel like a hypocrite if I was helping others to quit and still smoked myself.
              I would greatly appreciate prayers and light sent my way to assist me on this most challenging journey.  Thank-you, Christina.

          • christina kirkey
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 19, 2007
              I would love one, what is it exactly?

              Julie Carter <bluearezou@...> wrote:
              Would you like a Rising Star?

              ckirkey2 <ckirkey2@yahoo. ca> wrote:
              I am at the beggining of my journey in smoking cessation, I am finding it quite difficult, almost like I'm losing my best friend and have been feeling depression over it.  I am going through to be a hypnotherapist and will be doing programs to quit smoking so I would feel like a hypocrite if I was helping others to quit and still smoked myself.
                I would greatly appreciate prayers and light sent my way to assist me on this most challenging journey.  Thank-you, Christina.

              All new Yahoo! Mail -

            • christina kirkey
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 19, 2007
                Thanks Maudie, I will pray for you as well, give supportLove Christina

                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 19, 2007
                  Thank you sweetie,good luck.love maudie

                • peter daley
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 20, 2007
                    Courage to smokers trying to quit!

                    Actually,  I found it to be very easy, and did it a number of times.

                    Finally, I developed an embarrassing cough which would not go away, and announced my fervent intent to stop smoking altogther, that is after I had finished the last of my pipe tobacco. My wife promptly, and obligingly gave my collection of pipes away whilst I was at work, and so that was that. And so I really stopped smoking; and so did the cough.

                     After all the years which have passed, I still get dreams of buying a pipe and tobacco and trying to smoke.

                    Acupuncture can help. I treated a woman who was smoking 80 cigarettes a day. She stopped smoking, and  the following year embarked on a cruise with the money she saved.

                                                                                                                                               Peter Daley (phdaley@...)
                                                                                                                                                  URL (www.users.bigpond.com/phdaley)

                    eds----- Original Message -----
                    Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 12:33 PM
                    Subject: Re: << lovingpurelove >> I am requiring prayers and light sent.......

                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 20, 2007
                      I know about the cough i have copd and i really need to but i am so dependent of these things i hate it.Benn a smoker 44 years most of my life,plus i have really bad nerves but i am cutting back each day more i will do it.I also take care of a mom with altimzers and that makes things harder trying to  cope with her and me,i have tried everything out there to no sucess,and all my kids and friends smoke,but with  spirit helping me i will do it.thanks maudie

                    • Ilanalotus
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 4, 2007

                        Dear all,

                        I have been trying to stop smoking many times over the 38 years I have smoked and I managed to stop a few times too.  Some times for days, some times for months.

                        When I read about you wanting to stop, I applauded you but was shy to come on line as I have embarrassed myself many times in the past..for my inability to stop.  Like my son says, he only felt disappointment and futility in my attempts.

                        Well, this time I have no choice.

                        Due to a flu that went away and came back and then contracting other forms/viruses of the flu, I have come to realize what I suspected all along.  That I have great difficulty breathing.  That's why I seldom do deep breathing, as it causes too much stress and tires me out.  This has been happening for the past few years (not sure how many as I seldom took good care or paid attention to my body.  A big reason being I could not afford it.)

                        Well, the blessing is, I now must stop.  I realize that my nightly sleep apnea has to do with bouts of no air, causing me to wake up sharply or snore so loudly, that I wake myself up.

                        I find it difficult breathing and now I realize this.  Now, I have done something about it.

                        I have stopped 2 weeks now.

                        This time, as my life is truly at risk, I didn't feel the 'angst' that I felt before.  There really wasn't much of the " I can go back and smoke any time I want...I have a choice...wish I didn't have to do this", because this time, I have no choice.

                        God allows us many choices, when we don't take care of our temples, we are given pushes, then push comes to shove.

                        I have also constantly and continually asked Angels to help me, Archangel Raphael to fill my lungs with healing.

                        I used to ask...but I don't think I was really sincere...nor did I think I was really worthy and kind of felt shy having to ask.

                        But you know what?  I don't feel shy no more.  I KNOW  I Am Worthy and I Totally believe that Angels love nothing more than to help us , help ourselves.

                        Listening to all the internet radio programmes helped too!!
                        Worldpuja, Hay House Radio, Bonnie Collen, newsforthesoullllllllll, the Dr.Pat
                        Show etc.

                        There is just so much help out there.

                        I can't stress enough how I truly feel that It is OK to ask for help...now..that I don't have to do it alone..that I am not giving away my power...but strengthening it.  This asking and receiving has strengthened my faith.

                        Just like this painful situation (yes, it's painful psychologically and physically...and stressful) is the answer to my prayers.  For years, I have asked for help to stop smoking.

                        I am so very grateful that I don't have an even more dibilitating disease!

                        My chinese herablist doc is quite confident that she can help me and I am confident that one day, I will again Breathe in Sweet Air, all the way...without feeling shortness of breath, or heaviness in my chest and strong palpitations of my heart.

                        I would also appreciate any good thoughts that you want to give to me, as I know that your love will speed up my recovery

                        Goodbye Nicotine, thank you for being my friend and companion for so many years.  Thank you for being there, when no one else was. Thank you for never judging me, blaming me , placing guilt on me or shouting at me.   But it is time to part ways.  It is time for me to partner with Angels

                        with Love,
                        Irena

                        Simply by the act of starting to heal your life, you spark the healing of others and of the world in which we live. You don't need to force this idea on other people. The quiet act of living in accordance with who you are and who you can be allows the natural influence of goodness to grow.

                        Quote from Christopher Hansarrd

                      • Ellann Lehdey
                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 4, 2007
                          Good for you sweet lady Irene
                          I look forward and inwards to all of your successes each and every minute of each and every day.
                          Blessed be
                          Ellann

[...]

                          Make the switch to the world's best email. Get the new Yahoo!7 Mail now.
                        • Robert
                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 4, 2007

                            Dear lady I am with you and know that if god would help me be a nonsmoker after 43 years so shall he be there fore you

                            Sweet love and light shine on you

                            Robert

                            Message 13 of 15 , Dec 4, 2007
                              Thank you so much Robert and Ellann  I sincerely appreciate your support and love

                              with Gratitude,
                              Irena