Today's Feast (Part 2)

  • Barbara Bailey
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2007

      365 Days Of Walking the Red Road

      Friendship between two persons
      depends upon the patience of one.
      -NATIVE AMERICAN PROVERB

      A Native to Know

      Colorado Senator Ben Nighthorse
      Campbell was born in 1933 to a
      Northern Cheyenne mother and a
      Portuguese father. Raised in Cali-
      fornia, he is the first Native American
      Indian to serve in the U.S. Senate in
      more than 60 years. Campbell serves
      on the Indian Affairs Committee, and
      is also a published author, rancher,
      and jewelry designer.

      By:  Terri Jean

      Meditation With the Elders

      "Praying is what has brought us old people through life.
      We've all gone through hard times.
      We've all done our share of bad things.
      But through our prayers and faith in the Creator we get
       together again and we try hard to live right."

      --Paula Weasel Head, BLOOD

      As we go through life we find ourselves on track one day and off track
      the next day.
      We gain consistency through prayer.
      Prayer is our connection to the Great Spirit.
      Prayer is our channel for knowledge and wisdom.
      Prayer is how we keep our sanity.
      The Elders say we should walk in prayer.
      Great Spirit, teach me to walk in prayer.
      Help keep my faith strong.

      By:  Don Coyhis
      May you experience each day as a sacred
      gift woven around the heart of wonder.

                   From My Heart,
                 © ~Barbara A Bailey~

      The National Wildlife Rehabilitators Association
      "Improving Wildlife Care"

      Barbara A Bailey