Today's Feast (Part 1)

  • Barbara Bailey
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2007

      A Cherokee Feast Of Days
      A long this time in autumn, we could have a few days of Indian summer.
      It is a tranquil time of warm sunlight with a bit of haze and soft
      breezes from the south.
      This is a token of childhood when bunches of sweet onions were hung
      on the garden fence to dry and pumpkins and squashes were in colorful piles.
      We would love this time to last longer - even anticipate that it will.
      But it is not likely that anything stands still at this time of year.
      It is too serene, too satisfying not to pass quickly.
       Maybe it teaches us the give and take of daily life -
      whether it is the weather or learning to be flexible where
      people are concerned.
      There are the pleasant days that we enjoy so much -
      and then there are those stormy days where we
      have to hunker down and ride it out.

      ~ A furious tempest continually sweeps the crown of the mountain....
      the adventurer....
      Even is he escapes (may be) whirled through the air by its fearful blast. ~

      SLUSKIN

      Joyce Sequichie Hifler